Author Topic: HAPPY GO SKATEBOARDING DAY!!!  (Read 3500 times)

Justis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
Re: HAPPY GO SKATEBOARDING DAY!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2016, 10:15:11 PM »
Today was wild, full of drinking and shredding, made some money from this new gig as well as met Nick boserio. Won this competition I didnt even enter ,just trying to get a piece of the pie with the boys, at this nike type event at Grant skatepark. Cant argue when the swoosh is free doe.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2016, 10:45:30 PM »
Haven't skated on a GSD in probably 5 or 6 years, cause I've usually been traveling or busy with other stuff. I did 4 tricks today though and I had 5 beers.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2016, 10:49:15 PM »
we - like 50 guys and some girls - had a meetup at our local street spot an then pushed through the city, blocked the road and shit, skated some iconic squares in our shithole city and generally showed some presence since they banished us to the skatepark in the outbounds of the city under a bridge. but not yesterday, we were present, loud and annoying. the fuckin cops came, but couldnt do shit. later we went to some bar, had a volcom holy stokes premiere and got drunk. it was a nice day to sum up. for me go skateboarding day is about showing your presence like an interest group. not more, not less.

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2016, 11:31:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Embrace it. So what if it is hot? Be thankful you aren't in a colder climate where skating for six months of the year means a snowsuit skating in an underground parking lot or not at all.
[close]
When fitness instructors in their twenties, riding bikes with doctors, start dying from the heat - it might not be the best idea to go skateboarding.
http://www.12news.com/news/local/valley/fitness-instructor-28-dies-while-mountain-biking-in-record-heat/250728140

Almost triple digits at midnight the other day....

But if any of you PHX people are trying to skate, 91 West has open doors for a free session 12-3.

[close]

Just saw some of my friends' clips on snapchat and that park is so fucking crowded right now. You might as well be in a sauna.
Yeah, Arizona is fucked. But in some fucked up way I kinda love it.
CBS news came out and did a live story on Arizona's event...

coneklr

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2016, 11:37:20 AM »
CBS news came out and did a live story on Arizona's event...

bwahaha, please tell me that is your board!

Roro1

• Rep: -38
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2016, 11:41:56 AM »
Fun stuff. I went to the toilets today so I opened Snapchat (yeah i go on snapchat when i'm on the throne, not instagram anymore).
I usually don't pay attention to the paid stories (by brands, media, etc) and just play my contacts stories. But I saw a 'SKATE The World' one and naturally watched it.
It ended just being a hidden Nike SB paid story. I say hidden because for 99% of the snapchat users it will not be obvious since there's no big brand logos like other sponsored stories have. You can guess it because of the showcased pros (who are all nike riders). Sneaky marketing strategy as usual.
Here's some screenshots or you can check it on snapchat too or you can not give a fuck.
http://imgur.com/a/ATAOW

swag nollies

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2016, 11:46:11 AM »
its to hot and i took to many drugs and i had a cabinet just fall on me cause i was trying to get the weed at the top and it came crumbling down on me. I might skatelater.

swag nollies

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2016, 12:20:13 PM »
oh shit it was westerday. oh well i put on shoes and my toe hurts cause cabinet fell on it so no skating.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2016, 06:05:09 PM »
I'm in LA and I went to a Thrashgnar (skateshop) event and it got stupid packed, we skated through downtown LA and hit iconic spots. The cops acted douchey at the end in Pizzanista. I was bummed I didn't get free stuff but I helped 2 groms. I was bmmed out the WKND guys didn't show up but, I met a guy in all white that a had a pair of Dylan Slip-Ons and I jokingly called him Austyn Gillette, he then introduced himself as Autism Gillette. I bought griptape to give something back to them and as I re-gripped my board I got super sweaty and my sweat got to the sticky part now my grip is coming off. That was my GSD. 
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2016, 04:52:02 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/embed/BImbvo7NNBM

Are we going to see skateboarding filmed on set  ?

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 08:40:40 AM »
We had an event at The Wig called "Garbage Day" on GSD where we made challenges and encouraged people to go skate the garbage laying around the park and out in the streets. If you care check out #cpgarbageday on ig.