Author Topic: diy wooden wallie box  (Read 2230 times)

Andrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
diy wooden wallie box
« on: June 23, 2016, 11:24:00 AM »
I'm looking to build something like this

on the left,

but made of wood. Has anyone done something like this before? Seems easy enough but I'm not sure what sort of wood would be heavy duty enough to not just topple over or move anytime someone hit it.
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
Re: diy wooden wallie box
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 11:43:33 AM »
Try building the structure exactly how you think you would. But fabricate some sort of weight underneath to give it some anchorage. Doesn't need to be super heavy either. If you're moving something like that while you're doing a wallie, you're probaby doing the wallie incorrectly. Or you could attached rubber bottoms so it won't slide.

Update your building venture though, I'm interested.

Tyler

• Rep: -4
Re: diy wooden wallie box
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 04:13:36 PM »
Ive done it a few ways. You can make a triangle with wood on all three sides and then you can rotate it onto each side so that you can wallie at 3 different angles and then just weigh down the side on the ground and that works.   The other way ive done if you have an adjustable flatbar is to put like a 2'x2' piece of wood with 2x4 at the top and hook it around the flatbar and then ypu can raise and lower the flatbar to adjust the angle it sits at but i feel like the first option is closer to what youre looking for. The main downside is that unless its weighed down, its going to move or tip. Mine was 2' tall though and close to vertical so if yours is lower or on less of an angle you may not have that issue.
-Past American Idol Judge