Author Topic: [JENKEM] Johnny Layton Interview  (Read 13627 times)

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: [JENKEM] Johnny Layton Interview
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2016, 06:48:49 PM »
This is Josh Harmony's latest coverage. Let it speak for itself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAaAA-Mfc1Q
Anyone remember when josh harmony was on etnies, also is the entire rvca team gonna skate the same spot. .and dude is wearing vans otherwise
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2016, 07:02:39 PM »
"....a traumatic experience, such a brutal slam and beating to my asshole"
;D

jimi420

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2016, 07:09:57 PM »
i don't know what happened but, i think it's pretty obvious that there was somewhat of a fight based on that toy ad calling him out alone. i don't think it was just that he 'wasn't producing enough'. as already mentioned, how much does josh harmony produce? this dude had his own clothing line on vans and his own shoe, he was kind of a big fucking deal to say the least. something had to have happened.
Can someone post that ad? Also, I've been a Harmony fan since Good & Evil when I started wearing bootcut jeans and tried 5050s down hubbas, but his time has been over since before Ride The Sky

Eddy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2016, 03:19:10 AM »
I think Ed is as far away from the brand as he could be. Judging from his ig account he is in permavacay. No wonder Toy is shit. Glad my uncle kept his Bam and Senn toy decks. Poor dude but I don't think anyone gets kicked off of everything for no reason. At least he's working though.

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2016, 03:30:38 AM »
this is pretty weird. I'm skating a layton toy machine board right now...

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2016, 03:57:49 AM »
That pulaski Ollie beats lots of toy guys last 5 years of clips. Sorry Leo Romero. You milking It

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2016, 04:34:03 AM »
That pulaski Ollie beats lots of toy guys last 5 years of clips. Sorry Leo Romero. You milking It

i have to assume you're kidding...singling out SOTY Leo on a team with Josh Harmony and Billy Marks (nothing against Billy, but his rampaging kickflip into anything on a rail days have been gone for awhile)

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2016, 04:47:21 AM »
Not kidding. Leo's bad music isn't ok cause he got soty. He never ollied Pulaski. He just went up a four stair

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2016, 05:09:12 AM »
I think Ed is as far away from the brand as he could be. Judging from his ig account he is in permavacay. No wonder Toy is shit. Glad my uncle kept his Bam and Senn toy decks. Poor dude but I don't think anyone gets kicked off of everything for no reason. At least he's working though.
I've read some older interviews with Ed and he's pretty much just the brand manager/graphic guy there, it didn't even seem like got paid very much buy Tum Yeto. The interview in transworld said that Emerica was his main sponsor as far as pay. I'm guessing Ed sits in his house in HB draws, does graphics and lays out ads, emails that stuff into Tum Yeto and maybe goes to Tum Yeto a few times a month to handle other stuf. They've prolly convinced him he's out of touch with skating and let them handle all the team decisions, i know it always seems like its someone at Tum yeto that decides where flow guys end up.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2016, 05:14:39 AM »
thinking about it more, could it be that its just impossible to sell product with Johnny Laytons name on it? Vans went hard on his clothing and maybe no one cared and it all ended up on the sale rack.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2016, 06:14:35 AM »
He must have either burnt some serious bridges or been a major dick because his skating is incredible
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2016, 06:22:34 AM »
ed seems to fuck up constantly by kicking off people who would have ridden for toy for free i.e. chris senn and johnny layton. josh harmony sucks.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2016, 06:36:38 AM »
Eh, we'll probably never know the whole story because it definitely seems like something is being left out....

Someone post up that toy ad again where it's talking shit on Jlay

adamconway123

• Rep: -4
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2016, 07:41:00 AM »
"You're blowing it" is sometimes synonymous with "You're the guy that doesn't fully fit in with us, so we make fun of you/talk shit non stop because we're all such good friends and we enjoy gossip as a way to pass the time".

Everyone takes days off from skating...sometimes weeks or longer.  I don't see the difference between smoking weed while eating burritos and making emo acoustic albums.  Obviously they thought other guys weren't blowing it....which is insane when you compare them to Johnny and what he as done on a skateboard.

Teams are looking to be more marketable to the youth and bring in new super talents, but I can guarantee you the vast majority of people would take his last part over anything the new dudes are putting out there.

The biggest tragedy here is that the Berrics released that footage instead of Toy Machine.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2016, 07:42:23 AM »

The biggest tragedy here is that the Berrics released that footage instead of Toy Machine.

hardly art, hardly starving

shit_for_brains

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2016, 07:50:56 AM »
ed seems to fuck up constantly by kicking off people who would have ridden for toy for free i.e. chris senn and johnny layton. josh harmony sucks.

That's only something people say when they're far removed from the situation.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2016, 08:13:11 AM »
  Just skate for fun.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2016, 08:37:32 AM »
fuckin' switch tre
good come sausage

jimi420

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2016, 09:11:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Can anybody do a Toy style edit of it?

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2016, 09:19:19 AM »
johnny's style simply is one of the better out there. straight up fact.

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2016, 09:26:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Does Ed realize that Josh Harmony and Billy Marks are still on the team?
[close]

The fact that Billy Marks is still getting paid for his disgusting skateboarding and Johnny Layton got kicked off of everything while still putting out amazing footage is fucked.

combined Billy Harmony has nothing on Johnny Layton. Total Bummer.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2016, 09:53:52 AM »
Chris Senn said thats lie in his Chrome Ball thing, he just told Ed that "to twist the knife".

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2016, 09:59:52 AM »
J Lay for Welcome!
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2016, 10:35:06 AM »
J Lay for Welcome!

i would have preferred him on toy, but that would actually be pretty sick.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2016, 10:50:39 AM »
seems a little odd that he'd be dropped for "not producing" when he has a whole part in the bag... 

Vans: we know you have a whole part filmed, and we are going to let Hunt give you all the footage back for the part... but we aren't going to renew your contract because you haven't been producing anything, oh, and you don't have a part for the video. 

Toy:  we know you have a whole part filmed, and Hunt gave you all the footage for it, and we could release it as a stand-alone Toy Machine part, but... since you haven't been producing anything, like, say, a full part for us to use, we're going to have to let you go.

did I miss something?

I was thinking the same thing. Something just doesn't add up. He had a full part ready to go (plus extra footage on the side) and he gets kicked off for "lack of production"? That can't be the actual reason why he's off both teams.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2016, 11:28:43 AM »
Expand Quote
seems a little odd that he'd be dropped for "not producing" when he has a whole part in the bag... 

Vans: we know you have a whole part filmed, and we are going to let Hunt give you all the footage back for the part... but we aren't going to renew your contract because you haven't been producing anything, oh, and you don't have a part for the video. 

Toy:  we know you have a whole part filmed, and Hunt gave you all the footage for it, and we could release it as a stand-alone Toy Machine part, but... since you haven't been producing anything, like, say, a full part for us to use, we're going to have to let you go.

did I miss something?

[close]
I was thinking the same thing. Something just doesn't add up. He had a full part ready to go (plus extra footage on the side) and he gets kicked off for "lack of production"? That can't be the actual reason why he's off both teams.

theres three sides to every story. One side vs the other side and the truth.  Mike would be the best person to explain but I'm sure he don't want to get into that and cause controversy.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2016, 12:34:18 PM »
I don't like welcome at all, but I'd buy a JLay welcome board in a heart beat. Bought JLay boards consistently when they'd come in.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2016, 01:49:21 PM »
It'd be cool to see him on hockey. I feel like his style of skating would fit there.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2016, 02:04:25 PM »
Something had to happen.  You don't just go from pro shoe/clothing line on a huge company and a pro board on a well respected board co. to nothing.  Look how many guys hang around in the industry for five plus years, "Not producing."  Love his skating, but would like to hear some other prospective.  At least Vans has his back. 

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2016, 02:17:58 PM »
It'd be cool to see him on hockey. I feel like his style of skating would fit there.

that would be dope then they could put a husky bros promo vid out with allen and johnny