Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 63824 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1920 on: April 13, 2024, 05:52:59 PM »
I just cab 540 in the pit front of like 400 people. I don't think they've seen someone rip before because people kinda went bananas.
I saw no one was dancing so I said fuckin fuck it. We gotta get people hopping. So I did a few pressure flips. Then I did nollie bigs fakie bigs and a couple Bertelmans.

Then I waited for my moment threw down switch and blauw!!!! Fakie 540 with only a 90⁰ lil perfect twist at the end.

Not to mention my band played the best set of our lives to day. Nothing but love too. What a fuckin day.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Gland Dongzig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #1921 on: April 13, 2024, 06:07:54 PM »
Bro Bowl on 2 hours of sleep..wasn’t working went to Res and forgot about sucking at skateboarding with some PBR’s.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
« Reply #1922 on: April 13, 2024, 06:11:23 PM »
Landed a decent (for me) 360 flip second try.  Pretty happy about that. Hit some curbs a little faster than usual. Def wore down my trucks down a little. Sweated and didn't hurt myself. Good little sesh with some good people.

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 86
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #1923 on: April 14, 2024, 04:35:02 AM »
I'm bummed that my only curb/ledge spot that's any good for doing noseslides on is a bust. The council have approved planning permission to put some shipping container food & drink market there, so it's all cordoned off. Need to start looking around for somewhere new now.

I haven't skated in over a week and I was rusty as fuck, almost as if I hadn't skated in a month. I was struggling to do basic shit that I could do easily last week. Decided to take the pressure off and just accept that it was gonna be one of those days and I ended up redeeming myself a little bit in the end. I need to accept that I need to skate way more often if I want to be consistent. Working full time and living somewhere where it rains 75% of the time fucks with that though.

LeDave

• Rep: -33
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #1924 on: April 14, 2024, 09:50:48 AM »
I hopped on my new board today with a whole new set-up that I spent a lot of money into. It was weird to get used to because my old board was so rickity and rackity when I ride it. With the new one, everything feels so smooth and the turns are so responsive. I was scared at first, but am getting the hang of it. Not used to the smoothness, was so used to the jankity rankitiness of the old one.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1925 on: April 14, 2024, 11:30:48 AM »
I'm bummed that my only curb/ledge spot that's any good for doing noseslides on is a bust. The council have approved planning permission to put some shipping container food & drink market there, so it's all cordoned off. Need to start looking around for somewhere new now.

I haven't skated in over a week and I was rusty as fuck, almost as if I hadn't skated in a month. I was struggling to do basic shit that I could do easily last week. Decided to take the pressure off and just accept that it was gonna be one of those days and I ended up redeeming myself a little bit in the end. I need to accept that I need to skate way more often if I want to be consistent. Working full time and living somewhere where it rains 75% of the time fucks with that though.

I use Google maps sometimes to scout for the cutty spots. I found a ledge/ insanipad in a freight yard in Lawrence. Need abed rail to be popping but it's probably the best altered ledge to film at in Massachusetts on account of all the trains in the background

Sorry about your main spot g
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #1926 on: April 14, 2024, 11:38:07 AM »
Felt like dog shit. I don’t get to skate enough at all so I try to get any session in I can and I never been closer to focusing a board then when I couldn’t nollie flip. Felt like a complete baby. Didn’t focus it. Did a 2nd try kicky and 360 flip, but it all felt like dog shit.

Did all the shoves. Fakie frontside shove was the best feeling thing I did all day.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #1927 on: April 15, 2024, 11:25:05 AM »
Some friends wanted to meet by a lake nearby to hang out after work, and it was the nicest Spring day we’ve had - straight sunny, no wind, no chance of rain - so I brought my board.

I pushed around in the bike lane on my way and popped some manuals and ollies occasionally. Nothing too special, it felt good to just cruise.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #1928 on: April 15, 2024, 12:57:19 PM »
Finally got a clip for the new fancy lad video

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1929 on: April 15, 2024, 01:07:19 PM »
 Had a bit of a skate-date with the GF, just cruising the park path next to the river, though a few city blocks.

She hasn't skated after eating mad shit while skating with the dog a number of years ago, but she was looking pretty comfy for the most part. She even "bombed" a couple hills, nothing crazy but definitely fast enough to be on the scary side.

i was skating pretty good, doing my own thing along side her. Skating fakie has been really fun lately, and my switch stance and pushes are coming along (5-7 years late). looking less like the funky chicken
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here