Author Topic: Anthony Pappalardo and Brian Wenning  (Read 6203 times)

twinskates

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -24
Anthony Pappalardo and Brian Wenning
« on: July 08, 2016, 06:48:31 AM »
east coast legends.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 06:06:03 PM by twinskates »

glutton.

Re: Anthony Pappalardo and Brian Wenning
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 06:54:09 AM »
neither anymore...one is a pillhead and the other is a fat pillhead. I'm always going to love their Photosynthesis and Mosaic parts, but everyone already knows how good these guys were.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 03:55:55 PM »
  I'd watch a pops part.  I hope he puts one out and its weird as fuck.  It would be entertaining..
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Adam Carolla

• Rep: -43
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 04:53:52 PM »
east coast legends like those two fags who love the smell of their own shit are fukin crybabys. most east coast 'legends' are fukin jock bitches worse than cali old farts that are like 'dont skate my bowl thats not mine but i found it so its mine'

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »
^geez man!

twinskates

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 06:49:03 AM »
east coast legends like those two fags who love the smell of their own shit are fukin crybabys. most east coast 'legends' are fukin jock bitches worse than cali old farts that are like 'dont skate my bowl thats not mine but i found it so its mine'

Bobby Puleo acts like what you have said.. I don't think Pappalardo and Wenning think the same way, don't generalize..

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 09:13:07 AM »
^come on dude -you dont know that, you've got no personal experience,your just repeating one of slaps many tired narratives.  (theres what, an interview to go by,nothing wrong with that interview anyway and the vivian dudes story -using bobbys name in his interview gave him cheap and low publicity,)  Just let a hero be a hero.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 09:22:14 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 03:54:16 PM »
^come on dude -you dont know that, you've got no personal experience,your just repeating one of slaps many tired narratives.  (theres what, an interview to go by,nothing wrong with that interview anyway and the vivian dudes story -using bobbys name in his interview gave him cheap and low publicity,)  Just let a hero be a hero.
With Bobby? This is not a one-off kinda thing, that comes from every angle.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 04:16:55 PM »

http://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2013/07/chrome-ball-interview-61-bobby-puleo.html

The other thing that I immediately felt or noticed was that it seemed like the part was basically sponsored by a corporate entity, Adidas. So I’m watching it thinking to myself that first off, Adidas is basically paying for this kid to go out to Philly to mimic and skate all this shit that took Rick and other's years to unearth and nurture. Second, they’re paying this filmer schmoe to hold this kid’s hand to these spots. They're paying to put the kid up, put food in his mouth, fly him home when he gets homesick and wants to see Mom and what not. Fly him back when the weather was manageable. I mean come on. Personally, I thought the part was basically a simulation or portrayal of someone who actually is from or around Philly. Amazing skating and all, but a simulation of someone who is actually a Philly local. Ridiculous. The dude’s from San Wherever or wherever he's from. He's not from Philly. And I don't think Philly should be used as a backdrop for a fake Philly part, Habitat's hanging on to the past, or Adidas corporate enterprises. Let's be real here.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 05:13:04 PM »
  ^Not one thing wrong with what he said there.  He didn't lie, the shit he's saying is true.  "San where ever"  -it's endearing he thought of that, it's funny.  Bobby is what's cool not a bunch of opportunistically negative meme producing internet users.  (what he said about skaters names was pretty sweet too)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:19:54 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 01:15:33 PM »
Fine, then consider him a hypocrite for doing the same shit suciu did for his static 2 part when he was in London.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 04:11:40 PM »
  ^yes i was waiting for that card, that card been drawn a few times roun 'ere.  Thing is tho really from the perspective of the words in the interview, Bobby had established his east coast shit years b4 that shit in london or his bit in san fran.  And when he went away to film (which was rare) he could  stay on couches (uh whens the last time you think suciu stayed on a couch?) cause he had peoples respect from already repping east coast for years.  This is a little different from sudiu's thing.  Bobby wasn't a corpo funded solo ripper with rich parents. I'm not hating on Suciu myself, he's got my respect but i'm not Bobby fucking Puleo.  99% of pros out there aren't bobby fucking puleo.  Suciu TOTALLY was going for the 90s east coast "look" - so you think people like Bobby should feel flattered or something?  Listen, Bobby is kinda a haters paradise it seems, what can ya do?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:23:38 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 08:57:34 PM »
(from the other thread but...)
What if I told Bobby Puleo doesn't actually own any spots (nor any particular geographical locations)
#victimskateboards

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

twinskates

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2016, 05:32:45 AM »
Bobby Puleo acts like child on what he says for me - like don't touch my toy is mine- sort of ahah.
Bobby says that Mark should have done part where he lives in San Jose, California - he actually did it. Just watch Cityscape that's all filmed there, also in Cross Continental there are tricks from where he live. Having inspiration don't means copy.
Born in another place doesn't mean you can't film a part in a city you love - Bobby speaks about emulating an east coast vibes. But I think Mark created a new vibes for me. His part like Cross Continental and Search the Horizon are the best parts produced in these years. And for sure is also for him that I know all the east coast videos and stuff.
So thank you Mark.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:36:09 AM by twinskates »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2016, 04:10:13 PM »
  ^Honestly I agree with you, Mark Sucui's parts are gifts but the appropriation might get you some boos from who you're appropriating from.  The internet is built around negative opinion and this situation needs more light than this forum bullshit imo.  These threads all go thru the slap process and have a predictable tradjectory.  And then some conclusion is drawn about someones character  from whichever group rails the hardest with their hater stuff.  Not this thread but the big ones about Bobbies interview or whatever other little tid bits people make big threads about.  (I gotta ask tho, were you skating in 95?)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:14:56 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

twinskates

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 06:37:26 PM »
No, I'm 18. I wish I was from that era tho. However I'm not hating on Puleo, but if you wanna hate on someone I don't think Suciu is the appropriate guy. Just imagine if Suciu was from the 90's era, now he would be a legend for sure and would had respect from Puleo.
"Bobby wasn't a corpo funded solo ripper with rich parents" times are different, corporation are just the result of the big diffusion of skateboarding, and it generally changed in all his aspects. Suciu skated for habitat also when it was pratically over.
He stayed on Habitat only for the love for the brand - sort of the same Puleo did sleeping in couch for film in the cities he liked.
Times are different but the meaning is the same. Puleo acts like a legend, but if I want to put a video before skate I surely would choose   Cross Continental from Mark. He gives more inspiration and real vibes for me.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2016, 04:30:44 AM »
^ I think you're rite there.  Times are different, his heart is obviously into skating.

twinskates

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2016, 07:50:23 AM »
^ do you skated in the late 90's early 00' times?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 07:53:37 AM »
I skated non stop since 86.

twinskates

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2016, 07:27:21 PM »

Nice! So you skated in the best era.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 10:47:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You mean now?

Fuck Bobby for trying to claim Philly too, acting like he runs or EVER ran the whole east coast... fucking bridge and tunnel Jersey scum trying to claim every city he grew up near but not in. If Ricky said he was ripping off Philly then it MIGHT have some weight. If Fred Gall said that then it MIGHT have some weight. If Serge came out from wherever he's been hiding and said that it MIGHT have some weight. I don't remember Puleo's part in Eastern Exposure, maybe its because those came out when he was busy being a tourist on the West Coast. Shouldn't Bobby be busy crying about Aaron Herrington and Taylor Nawrocki?
Along with that, dude can't claim he has respect when he was a straight up SF vulture when that shit was cool back in the mid 90's, and if he's going to come out like that, blow out some spots and move his ass back where he came from, he can hold his tongue when younger kids do what he did when he was younger. Along with that, I don't remember Puleo having a reason to be out there the way Suciu actually went to college in Philly. Puleo is just some bitch ass white "artist" gentrifying Brooklyn while trying to come out hard claiming other people are moving to cities where they don't belong.
That was a lot to say, but all of it is fucking obvious.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 09:39:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
You mean now?

Fuck Bobby for trying to claim Philly too, acting like he runs or EVER ran the whole east coast... fucking bridge and tunnel Jersey scum trying to claim every city he grew up near but not in. If Ricky said he was ripping off Philly then it MIGHT have some weight. If Fred Gall said that then it MIGHT have some weight. If Serge came out from wherever he's been hiding and said that it MIGHT have some weight. I don't remember Puleo's part in Eastern Exposure, maybe its because those came out when he was busy being a tourist on the West Coast. Shouldn't Bobby be busy crying about Aaron Herrington and Taylor Nawrocki?
Along with that, dude can't claim he has respect when he was a straight up SF vulture when that shit was cool back in the mid 90's, and if he's going to come out like that, blow out some spots and move his ass back where he came from, he can hold his tongue when younger kids do what he did when he was younger. Along with that, I don't remember Puleo having a reason to be out there the way Suciu actually went to college in Philly. Puleo is just some bitch ass white "artist" gentrifying Brooklyn while trying to come out hard claiming other people are moving to cities where they don't belong.
That was a lot to say, but all of it is fucking obvious.
Didn't Puleo also do what he hates people doing in New York to some spots in London? And its not like Bobby was above taking a check from some corporation, he rode for Enjoi whose checks were signed by Globe International, which is a publically traded company. The guy is the classic "artistic" hypocrite.

As for Wenning and Pops, those guys helped define an era, their run from Photosynthesis to Mosiac/DC video was sick.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 01:00:26 PM »
The Dynamic Duo.

Who did the Love gap better? Pops or Wenning?
Such a hard call...
I don't want to choose.

I think Wenning's switch bs 180 looks better, but Pops switch ollie is so fierce, plus the editing/music is soooooo perfect.
Conclusion: Pops by a hair.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2016, 07:23:59 PM »
I love this pic QS posted. These guys have been through some hard livin'.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2016, 09:44:18 AM »
The Dynamic Duo.

Such a hard call...
I don't want to choose.

I think Wenning's switch bs 180 looks better, but Pops switch ollie is so fierce, plus the editing/music is soooooo perfect.
I'd say Wenning's make is more impressive. Pops was attempting the switch flip that night, which given when that was and who he is, is fucking mindblowing. They show him land on one and fall in the credits of fully flared.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2016, 04:24:32 PM »
Expand Quote
The Dynamic Duo.

Such a hard call...
I don't want to choose.

[close]
I'd say Wenning's make is more impressive. Pops was attempting the switch flip that night, which given when that was and who he is, is fucking mindblowing. They show him land on one and fall in the credits of fully flared.

Switch flip is indeed fucked. Wish he stuck it.
I wish a lot of things about Pops...
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E