Author Topic: Friend in need...  (Read 2799 times)

letsgoskatepool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Friend in need...
« on: February 17, 2007, 12:17:28 AM »
This is a friend from DC (a filmer for the local company 'Pitcrew') and could use some help.
[size=18]
All my friends and family,

I am sorry for the mass mail but I had to do it. I don't know if you have heard yet but I have just got out of prison in Rome, Italy. I have been here on a filming mission with Michael Mackrodt and Bas Jenssen of Element Europe team for the last 7 days. On our last day out, Michael and I went to the Vatican sight-seeing and then went skating at the Olympic Stadium around 1.45pm in the afternoon. We met up with Bas and our friend Patrick Zingerle who was here to skate around at the stadium. After warming up, we proceeded over to the manuel pad at the pool building. There were a few cars parked around the spot and a women sitting in one of them. Michael asked the girl nicely if it would be possible she could move to give us a little more room. She yelled at him in Italian and we just started to skate around the area and making sure we stayed away from her. After skating the spot for about 30 minutes, Michael landed a trick and rode between her car and another parked car. When Michael was walking back between the cars to go back to the other side of the skate spot, she opened her door and tried to hit him. Micheal then proceeded to walk around the car to avoid her while she contined to yell at him in Italian (Just note that none of the group spoke Italian and no locals were with us). She then got her bag out of her trunk and ran up and sat in the middle of the spot. Michael was skating by the pad while i was putting my lens cap on so we could get out of this madness.

My bag was right next to the curb a matter of a foot or two from the bank of the spot we were skating. When he passed on the manuel pad for the last time, she jumped up and tried to hit him. Her phone was in her lap and in the process of jumping, she dropped her cell phone down the bank landing directly next to my right foot. I reached down to pick up the phone to give it back to her when she then jumped on me and started pulling my hair and pulling me down. I was already hunched over at the moment with my vx-1000 in my left hand and picking up the phone with my right. She started to yank my head left and right, up and down, and pull my hair while I am screaming in english, "I am trying to give you back your phone, let me go". She continued to pull my hair and a group of people start to form around us. I am waving my arms around trying to free myself while she is pulling me down. She then let go of my hair and grab my camera in my left hand, while her phone was still in my right hand fully extended, trying to give it back to her.

The next moment I know, she rips the death lens and the front mounting off the camera while some huge guy grabs me in a headlock from behind and pulls me away, and I still had my camera in my hand, minus the fisheye and bayonet mount. Someone in the process finally takes the phone out of my hand that was stretched out and gives it back to her. I see that my camera is broken and start to scream at her " why are you so stupid, I am trying to give back your phone to you and you attacked me.. you broke my f' camera too! You are crazy!!!!!!" At that moment, the guy who put me in the headlock pushes me back 10m or about 30ft from the spot and wants to kill me, screaming at me in Italian while my hands are over my face blocking him away from me. Bas and the security guard from the building then come over and pull the guy off of me and then he returns to the crowd while I am on the verge of tears. At that moment, the guard said to me you can not skate here anymore to me. I asked him back, "Where were you 5 minutes ago to tell us that ?" I walk back over to my bag and the girl is laughing at me and pointing at me while i am a total wreck and I am just trying to collect myself from all the drama she just caused.

Once the situation was calm, i was next to my camera bag trying to find the number to the police to call. When no one at the location would give it to us and in that time, someone at the scene already called them. We sat around for 30 minutes while the girl continued to laugh,point and take photos of me on her phone sitting on the ground next to my bag trying to collect myself for the whole situation that had happened. The cops then show up and we were at the spot about 30 minutes before the cops proceeded take all 4 of us away after speaking with all the Italians only. They did not let us speak one word at all. Only one cops in uniform spoke any english and he said we would have a chance to speak soon and not to worry.

We were then take to the police station and waited for 4 hours. After numerous attempts to speak to someone with no luck, Michael and I were formally arrested while Bas and Patrick were set free. They would not give them the location of the station we were being held at or the prison of where we were going. For the next hour, a group of cops dressed in civilian clothes took us to another station and proceeded to book us on charges we were not told of. On the drive there, they were stopping for every girl on the street screaming out the window at them telling us, then looking at us and saying in broken english we skate too much and don't get enough pussy. Between running red lights, screaming at us in a language we did not understand, and cracking american jokes left and right (McDonald's, Pam Anderson, Born in USA, Italy #1but USA number #0... (I think you understand) we were scared and still asking what the hell is going on here! The only thing they said to us was 'robbers', with no idea of what our charges were and taunting us to no end. After booking and still more of the same taunts and actions on the way back to the station we were first taken to, we were made to sit down there for another 30 to 45 minutes. After that time, they asked me what my dad did, I said U.S. Government, Military, AIr Force. That shut the officers up very quickly. The moment they found out my dad passed away 1 1/2 years ago, they started taunting me more saying my big, bad american dad can not save me and i am going to jail for a long time (in broken english). They continued to make jokes at me regarding my father from that point on as well. They separated Michael and I, and took me away from the station. In the car, in between more bad american jokes in broken english, they stopped by a cafe to grab food and showed me off as the prize catch of the day to a few people in front of the Cafe. "Big Bad American robber.... USA #1" laughing and made me tell everyone where i was from... "washington dc.. american, not so tough now... Italy #1" They continued to chain smoke in the car and i said I was allergic to the smoke and my father died of second hand smoke too. They continued while one rolled down his window a little but the car was a super big cloud none the less. One officer asked me how I liked to go to jail because it is going to be my new home for a long, long time and i responded "What the hell am i charged with, please tell me what is going on? I want to speak to my Embassy!" The most trouble I have ever been in before is a skate ticket... just imagine being taken to prison and not being told what the charge is; It is the scariest thing in the whole world. Your world stops when you walk through those doors too. It feels like you are watching a movie. Your heart stops, your stomach drops, and knowing your freedom is gone, it can make the toughest person you know cry like a baby.

So over the 7 hours, I had no translator, no idea of what I was being charged with, no one to hear my side of the story, and was paraded around Rome as the catch of the day. It is enough to make any human want to crawl up and cry. Michael and I were put in separate cells in prison and spent the next 36 hours separated from each other. The first time we saw each other was when we were going to the court house the day of our hearing.

The first time I was what i was charged with formally of was in front of the judge via the translator. Robbery with assault, and against a women in Italy... you normally would kiss the next 3 years of your life good bye. I am scared out of my pants right now. I did nothing and she broke my camera and attacked me. We have the chance of going to jail for up to 3 years for this charge here and we DID NOT DO A THING. It is sooo messed up and showing that we are professional at what we do i going to be HUGE for our case. I am barely holding together right now, i don't wish this to my worst enemy in the whole world. We are in a foreign land charge with a crime we did not do and no one will listen to us. Our lawyers are our the only thing keeping us out of jail right now. We need all the help anyone can give us. They have cost 2,500 euros each to this point and the legal cost are looking to be in the range of at least 10,000 euros. This is the scariest thing to ever happen to me in my whole life. I am asking everyone to talk to any family you know, friends, any one in the government... we need every person we can to help us out here.

I will contact certain people individually for I need letters to prove I film professionally for a living. All the skaters I have worked with, I could use a letter from you as well. Without proof, I could be going to jail for a long time. Puzzle, 411VM, Transworld, Slap, Focus, PITCREW, anyone and everyone I have used any of my material. Please, I need your help! My lawyers are going to need letters!!! I will email the address out later tonight after I see my lawyer.

Please send this to all your friends, we need all the help we can. This is insane and a bad dream and we just want to be back in Germany and in our own beds in our apartments. We are innocent of this and just want this to go away... I am never coming back here ever again once this is all said and done and we are free... The world is too big and there are too many places to visit besides here.

Thank you all my friends. Pray for us, we need it! I am staying positive about this I know it will be ok in the end.
More updates to come soon.

Here is my mobile as well if anyone needs to contact me: +49.171.528.1034

Cheers,
Mark
[/size]

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
Re: Friend in need...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 12:36:40 AM »
Contact the embassy.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 12:46:58 AM »
jesus

Mentos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 01:02:08 AM »
Fascist's

kaufmaner

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 01:43:13 AM »
holy shit, best of luck to him

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • RIP
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 02:04:42 AM »
I'm not going to lie, that shit is way too long for me to read or care about.

Lasero

• Rep: 16
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 02:38:45 AM »
michael makrodt is pro for fucking Element, i'm sure they can give much more help than any of us..

anyways, good luck.

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
    • journal blog. avatar image
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 02:58:15 AM »
Fuck.  That is totally insane.

It says he just got out of jail at first. What does he need help with?

There is nothing I can do but tell other people about it, but I will try to help in any way.
"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

otis b driftwood

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 03:09:58 AM »
I am on the verge of tears.
Cheers,
Mark

they'll probably hang him.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 03:13:03 AM by otis b driftwood »

sheffledge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 03:57:22 AM »
isnt he outta jail

why the fukkk doesnt he just get the fukkk outta the country asap

that would sukkk

sheffledge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 03:59:02 AM »
and

why the hell isnt element paying for this shit

he was on the job getting footy for them to promote thier company

the least an empire like that could do is take care of this altogether

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
    • journal blog. avatar image
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 04:04:15 AM »
isnt he outta jail

why the fukkk doesnt he just get the fukkk outta the country asap

that would sukkk

Damn you're funny. You even do the triple K thing when you're righting funny stuff like that.
"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

rs312

• Rep: -12
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 04:16:08 AM »
don`t mess with the Italian police

rs312

• Rep: -12
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 04:22:28 AM »
in these cases it`s always good to have a local with you, because the most Italian people can't  speak or understand the English language.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 05:47:46 AM »
For someone who was so desperate to "hand back" the phone, he sure didnt want to give up his death grip on it. All the other shit is just a sob story about being a victim and blah blah blah they lit a cigarette and I shed tears.
Just what I was thinking.

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 07:49:52 AM »
Expand Quote
For someone who was so desperate to "hand back" the phone, he sure didnt want to give up his death grip on it. All the other shit is just a sob story about being a victim and blah blah blah they lit a cigarette and I shed tears.
[close]
Just what I was thinking.
I think he made up a lot to make him look better, but I'm on his side. I hate Italians eversince they won the world cup. I can totally picture the Italy#1 jokes.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 08:04:54 AM »
Fascist's
Good to see Mussolini's legacy still intact. And fuck I don't think I could help myself I would have punched the fucking cop for talking bad about my father.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 08:19:20 AM »
in his situation i would do my best to make the biggest deal out of it and when he gets released, he should sue that bitch and use the money he gets to bribe the mafia for some payback...

seriously, this should be a big deal if the embassy responds properly (plus michael who is german)

i live in a neighbour conutry of Italia and have every reason to hate them...

and one last thing: did he tape the whole incident? if so, then he should be released for sure...

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2007, 08:20:31 AM »
Since I don't have the time to read it, does anyone wanna sum it up for me? haha
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

sheffledge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 08:43:04 AM »
right after your fist touched him

they would have broken it

then put you

UNDER THE JAIL

which woulda spawned more tough american jokes and prolly a lil bit of torture

they woulda filmed that shit with thier camera phones and put that shit on youtube

next thing you know im spittin out my guiness stout all over my girls titties

cuz i just seen the tape of one of my slapniggas (in your case slapcrakkka) on tv being held captive and beaten with an antihero deck in an underground prison cell

on cbs up to the minute news

headline reads

"american citizen who goes by the alias veganshawn, or fuckingvegan was recently

hemmed up by roman police officials for slappin the dogshit outta an italian bitch and choking her ass and screaming at her in broad damn daylight after she

told him he would have to travel to marseille to skate bowls or any kind of transition cuz

the zattoni bros ramps had been destroyed by a recent visit from tony t, and that all her city

had to offer were the most perfekkkest marble flat and ledges in the entire world.

the suspect however  just could not deal with fakkkt that this bitch told him he would have

to leave the country to get his carve on, the suspect then began to choke the bitch till she

turned purple and scream to her face the importance of being able to skate all terrains, why tranny mattered then and why it matters now

how much better indys are than destructos, why steve berra sukkks for skating fake spots, how

hitler was a vegan, how much cards rules, how hitler was a vegetarian, his take on the

mass production of blank deck, and how he felt that there is no excuse for anyone to push sw mongo in the 07.

the suspect is still being held captive while US embassy officials scramble to get leads as to his true whereabouts."

then

i youtube the video in photo/video section

set up a SAVEtheFUCKINGVEGAN foundation

in which i will gather all donations

by tikkkets for SELECT slappals

fly to barcelona

skate for a coupla days

fly to italy

link up with miguela corleone jr

get your ass outta prison

then go sesh marseille

hit up GRAMSTERDAM

then go home

the end

fuckingvegan

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 08:43:51 AM »
Expand Quote
And fuck I don't think I could help myself I would have punched the fucking cop for talking bad about my father.
[close]
Why would you get mad when a person you dont know and just met said something about a person they dont know and have never met?

It's a man thing. (fuck why do I feel like my wife just hacked your account?)

fuckingvegan

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007, 08:45:13 AM »
Sheffledge you are a genius.

sheffledge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007, 08:48:48 AM »
yup

The Slap Poster Formerly Known As Shughe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 01:07:47 PM »
again, i cant read that much but i got the jist. id fucking start a riot to get some world police actioni

liquid swords

• Rep: 6
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2007, 01:53:27 PM »
right after your fist touched him

they would have broken it

then put you

UNDER THE JAIL

which woulda spawned more tough american jokes and prolly a lil bit of torture

they woulda filmed that shit with thier camera phones and put that shit on youtube

next thing you know im spittin out my guiness stout all over my girls titties

cuz i just seen the tape of one of my slapniggas (in your case slapcrakkka) on tv being held captive and beaten with an antihero deck in an underground prison cell

on cbs up to the minute news

headline reads

"american citizen who goes by the alias veganshawn, or fuckingvegan was recently

hemmed up by roman police officials for slappin the dogshit outta an italian bitch and choking her ass and screaming at her in broad damn daylight after she

told him he would have to travel to marseille to skate bowls or any kind of transition cuz

the zattoni bros ramps had been destroyed by a recent visit from tony t, and that all her city

had to offer were the most perfekkkest marble flat and ledges in the entire world.

the suspect however  just could not deal with fakkkt that this bitch told him he would have

to leave the country to get his carve on, the suspect then began to choke the bitch till she

turned purple and scream to her face the importance of being able to skate all terrains, why tranny mattered then and why it matters now

how much better indys are than destructos, why steve berra sukkks for skating fake spots, how

hitler was a vegan, how much cards rules, how hitler was a vegetarian, his take on the

mass production of blank deck, and how he felt that there is no excuse for anyone to push sw mongo in the 07.

the suspect is still being held captive while US embassy officials scramble to get leads as to his true whereabouts."

then

i youtube the video in photo/video section

set up a SAVEtheFUCKINGVEGAN foundation

in which i will gather all donations

by tikkkets for SELECT slappals

fly to barcelona

skate for a coupla days

fly to italy

link up with miguela corleone jr

get your ass outta prison

then go sesh marseille

hit up GRAMSTERDAM

then go home

the end

amazing

sergio

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2007, 02:15:51 PM »
damn

Goodtimes

• Rep: 0
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 02:26:45 PM »
Anytime you're out of the country and get into legal trouble you better contact the US embassy. Do you think some italian lawyer has your best interest in mind?

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 04:37:42 PM »
We sat around for 30 minutes

So after the altercation, they hung around for half an hour.  Why?  Cut your losses and leave.