Author Topic: OJ insane a thane and pig ultrathane wheels  (Read 2148 times)

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
OJ insane a thane and pig ultrathane wheels
« on: July 13, 2016, 05:13:51 AM »
Has anyone tried either of these yet? I know formula fours are the best and I rode on my friends stf's and skate one is keeping up with what people want with wheels that slide on demand and roll fast now a days

I wanna know if these new wheel formulas are anything up to par with formula fours, stf, or wreck

Also if anyone knows anything about the oj III from concentrate wheels, they're supposed to be a pp wheel that's a new formula
yes

BMCsteve

Re: OJ insane a thane and pig ultrathane wheels
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 06:50:54 AM »
Nothing feels quite like F4's and if you like that feeling chances are that you wont like anything else as much. 

I personally prefer Ricta's NRG formula followed by F4's and then STF

max power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 07:30:29 AM »
I just got some Insane A Thane 99a's. Haven't skated them yet, but I usually ride F4 101a's. I'll post in here when I get a chance to skate them.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 08:50:12 AM »
OJ Insane-a-thane is a bit n the chalky side, but nice and light, and appear to stay very white. They remind me of hte Ricta Chrom Core formula (wouldn't surprise me if that is what they are using).

Ricta NRG > Spit Formula 4 > STF > Autobahn

The OJs only come in two shapes, so a bit limited.

Skated bones stfs for the first time in ages recently (coming off F4s) they felt great.

Main

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -208
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 09:03:38 AM »
OJ's suck, chalky as hell and don't slide for shit. I've tried 'em all and Spitfire F4's are the wheel, period. Bones STF's are still good but they're plasticky and don't slide as well as Spitfire.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 09:22:20 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback guys, can't wait to hear more. I shall appreciate my formula fours even more now. I had to ask cause I kept seeing oj talk about their new insane a thane formula like its the stuff up there with formula fours, now what's up with pigs new wheels trying to compete ;D
yes

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 10:02:04 AM »
Autobahn

Autobahn only for me. Although I've been mixing in some Satori and I did just pick up a set of Wayward.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 10:28:43 AM »
I skated the Spitfire 99a Classic shape in a size 52 and I wanted to move up to a size 54 and got the 101a OJ.
First week they slide very nicely, maybe a little too much but they were good, no complaints. I definitely agree with everyone that they feel chalky. I want to say that it's on the opposite side of the spectrum as Bones STF when it comes to feel. I have yet to see any flatspots but they don't slide as easy and have shrunk a little and look more like radials on the wheels that I powerslide the most on.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.