Author Topic: Who are the Nate Sherwoods of today?  (Read 7909 times)

midevilco

Re: Who are the Nate Sherwoods of today?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 09:35:56 PM »
Aaron Kyro, obviously.

This.

/end thread

reptar_bar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 09:39:31 PM »
Hi! I have not Been on the Slap board for over a decade. I am hyped my log in still worked.  :) A local shredder came into my shop and told me about this thread. I am honored to be on here. First up, I have had a lot of full video parts. From the V.H.S. days to now. Most notable would be my RDS part from 2005. As well as My part in the Elevate trucks video that was only on VHS and was sent out to over 800 shops back in 1999. and my up for grabs 411 video part, in 2006. 'I could go on but from 1989 to now I still film. I do it for fun  and have no pressure at all.   I have had over 12 full video parts. plus  a ton of cameos. Not to mention my Segment that was on fuel TV. that had over 20 million viewers.  I had a trick in 'yeah right' does that count? lol. Anyway I am not here to toot my own horn or some bulls shit like that. I just want history to be correct.  I know I just opened up the hate gate so let the hate ring out.

I would rather have you hate on me than shoot up a school or some shit.  freedom of speech is dying so I am all for it.  I own a skate shop now in my wife,s home town of Cedar Rapids Iowa! I left the entire west coast back in 2012 to peruse that venture.  We just had our six year anniversary in biz.  I had a mental break down and this city saved my ass. I miss my home of Portland a lot. I miss winter in LA I miss the smell of sun soaked asphalt in San Diego. I however am stoked to be here. I hope you all are well and stoked on life and skating daily. it is the best drug on earth. oh I dab in writing from time to time as well. I know the above grammar and spelling is shit.  I have had a whole  22 ounce of lager.  I am s skinny little  fuck so that is a lot for my frail ass.  Feel free to check out my most recent work at this link here. https://tictail.com/eduskate/hido

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2018, 09:55:58 PM »
Jaws.
Has any pro skater used more clips where their hands touch the ground than Jaws?

Harry in Your Pocket

• Rep: -20
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2018, 10:31:49 PM »
Um, fucking Nate Sherwood is here. That book sounds ridiculous and I mean that in a good way and a condescending way.

Hope “Nate” sticks around.

Better poster already than most of you aspebergey dorks.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2018, 10:59:28 PM »
Is there a Nate Sherwood effect, where when his name is typed in to the internet more than once in a decade he just shows up?
My only real problem with him is that edu-skate, confi-skate, talk.  It irri-skates the shit out of me.  You're an adult and can talk like one. 

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 11:13:24 PM »
Anyone read Nate’s recently published novella?
It looks sick
https://www.etsy.com/listing/588335465/hido-a-novella-by-nate-sherwood

Congrats Nate on being yourself 100% of the way
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:15:35 PM by Jehoshaphat Augustus »

Fraracci

• Rep: -1
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 11:48:57 PM »
Hi! I have not Been on the Slap board for over a decade. I am hyped my log in still worked.  :) A local shredder came into my shop and told me about this thread. I am honored to be on here. First up, I have had a lot of full video parts. From the V.H.S. days to now. Most notable would be my RDS part from 2005. As well as My part in the Elevate trucks video that was only on VHS and was sent out to over 800 shops back in 1999. and my up for grabs 411 video part, in 2006. 'I could go on but from 1989 to now I still film. I do it for fun  and have no pressure at all.   I have had over 12 full video parts. plus  a ton of cameos. Not to mention my Segment that was on fuel TV. that had over 20 million viewers.  I had a trick in 'yeah right' does that count? lol. Anyway I am not here to toot my own horn or some bulls shit like that. I just want history to be correct.  I know I just opened up the hate gate so let the hate ring out.

I would rather have you hate on me than shoot up a school or some shit.  freedom of speech is dying so I am all for it.  I own a skate shop now in my wife,s home town of Cedar Rapids Iowa! I left the entire west coast back in 2012 to peruse that venture.  We just had our six year anniversary in biz.  I had a mental break down and this city saved my ass. I miss my home of Portland a lot. I miss winter in LA I miss the smell of sun soaked asphalt in San Diego. I however am stoked to be here. I hope you all are well and stoked on life and skating daily. it is the best drug on earth. oh I dab in writing from time to time as well. I know the above grammar and spelling is shit.  I have had a whole  22 ounce of lager.  I am s skinny little  fuck so that is a lot for my frail ass.  Feel free to check out my most recent work at this link here. https://tictail.com/eduskate/hido
Fuck yeah Nate!!! You rule and all the haters can suck it!
Have fun goddamnit!

GinosGroceries

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2018, 12:18:51 AM »
Hey Nate welcome back.
I'm genuinely curious what you think of the SLAP forums as a whole and how its perceived within the industry.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2018, 02:03:59 AM »

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -61
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2018, 02:20:13 AM »
Your Frankie Hill fan out doc was the shit, was stoked on that one, man!
And fucking props for calling out Airspeed on your Free Lunch, screw those dirtbags.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

ogbawtawd

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2018, 02:33:17 AM »
Nate Sherwood would bump a 2 year old thread...

I fuck with you though I started this thread, book sound tight as fuck actually, heres the premise for the lazy. Pretty wild shit lol.

"After Hido lost the love of his life, Maria, in a riot in Peru, he decided to buy a black market Russian nuclear submarine funded by cyber-crimes. In his own mind, he is the patron saint of whales and must protect all the endangered creatures from becoming extinct.

After sinking whaling ships from Norway to Japan, the Maritime Commission and the superpowers of the world’s navies start their cat and mouse game with Hido. Will Hido be sunk or captured? Can he make it past the arms dealers and Somali pirates? Will his future hacks into the banking system to fund his eco-terrorism succeed, or will he be put in a cell and executed?"

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 397
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2018, 06:35:30 AM »
Nate is alright in my book.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2018, 07:27:17 AM »

wait you dont do pressure flips anymore? i dab too.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2018, 07:35:15 AM »
Nate - was Elevate the truck with a u-shaped hanger?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2018, 07:41:12 AM »
This kid is fucking amazing. Bringing freestyle to everything else

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

nate sherwood

• Rep: -8
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2018, 07:43:52 AM »
 :) Thanks everyone! I did not mean to pump it. I just had this dude in my shop who said "I heard You never had a full video part" I was gripping his deck as he stated this. I almost dropped my razor. lol I asked 'where He acquired this information' He then retorted  with that He 'read it' on here.  So I just had to state the truth. I am Happy to be back on here. Thanks for the warm welcome. You all rock. I dig that Slap is still strong and protecting the freedom of peoples minds. Thanks for the props on HIDO I am honored. Stoked You liked the Frankie Hill Doc. I could not agree more Kyro wins. lol I spend most waking hours in my shop. If anyone reads this who is in or near Cedar Rapids swing by and say Hi! I wish you all a fun and summer.  I do not mind the Hate as long is it is factual. Yeah Airspeed sucks bad. Fuck those dudes.  :) Long live  free thought.  over and out.     

nate sherwood

• Rep: -8
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2018, 07:48:19 AM »
No they were the Indy looking ones  that were made by Gullwing. I  however recall seeing ad,s of the "u" shaped hanger deal. I think the name of that brand was destroyer or axis or some shit.   they were in that gimmick crap area , with Kreeper and Webb trucks. lol

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2018, 08:01:31 AM »
:) Thanks everyone! I did not mean to pump it. I just had this dude in my shop who said "I heard You never had a full video part" I was gripping his deck as he stated this. I almost dropped my razor. lol I asked 'where He acquired this information' He then retorted  with that He 'read it' on here.  So I just had to state the truth. I am Happy to be back on here. Thanks for the warm welcome. You all rock. I dig that Slap is still strong and protecting the freedom of peoples minds. Thanks for the props on HIDO I am honored. Stoked You liked the Frankie Hill Doc. I could not agree more Kyro wins. lol I spend most waking hours in my shop. If anyone reads this who is in or near Cedar Rapids swing by and say Hi! I wish you all a fun and summer.  I do not mind the Hate as long is it is factual. Yeah Airspeed sucks bad. Fuck those dudes.  :) Long live  free thought.  over and out.   

Nate, you start brushing your teeth yet?
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2018, 08:38:36 AM »
Joe Moore and Matt Tomasello come to mind.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2018, 12:19:42 PM »
Joe Moore and Matt Tomasello come to mind.

i had to.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2018, 02:16:27 PM »
^Let's keep in mind that guy can fakie 360 flip to fakie 5-0. But yes, that gif though.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2018, 02:18:10 PM »
that one guy who bonks his deck off the stair/ledge etc was in a recent video and also jeffwon song

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2018, 02:48:57 PM »
i just wanna say that i am a fan of Jeff Dechesare. i notice he doesnt have that crazy pop and style, and he kinda only skates stairs, but he does some really hard shit. he also does shit thats personally hard for himself to do and battles for tricks which i respect. some pros mail it in and try stuff they will land easily in a few tries. Jeff is landing shit cleaner than he used to also. im seeing his progression. its pretty rad. i get it his style and trick selection doesnt sell nikes but it does get me stoked to see. im so overloaded with skateboarding videos that i like watching dudes that do it a little different. i dont care if its kinda weird looking or unconventional.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2018, 03:51:39 PM »
I dont know nate personally but saw him skate slam city jam back in 2001 or whatever year when mcrank won and muska koed himself on the cyclops rail. Anybody keeping score can add that to the list.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2018, 04:48:17 PM »
http://everythingskateboarding.com/storytime-the-sun-burnt-vice-grip-by-nate-sherwood/

Read it the other day! Definitely an interesting and funny story. I was stoked to have my article, "Simple Things" just below yours on the EverythingSkateboarding site. Keep killing it Nate!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:51:49 PM by streetsoup »

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2018, 05:05:19 PM »

To be clear, this didn't happen.  Ther may have been a kid getting a set up, but there is no way some kid was asking about this thread in a shop. He came here because of the nazi shit, and just had to look himself up.

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2018, 05:16:59 PM »
Hopscotch Hustle

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2018, 10:55:23 PM »
This kid is fucking amazing. Bringing freestyle to everything else

He's good, I liked the lipslide 5-0, but he's the king I think for being a kook.  I'd rather hear a hour long ted talk with Rodney.  He's kicking 'cool' in the balls, hard.  "take that"
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 11:01:26 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2018, 04:10:38 AM »
Hi, just trying to get these bullshit racist thr reads to page 2
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk