Author Topic: crap claims to fame...  (Read 9401 times)

Bunk Moreland

Re: crap claims to fame...
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2021, 06:02:12 AM »
I almost got to hang with Grosso when he came to Japan.

He was filming for the Japan episode, and I happened to be in Tokyo for one day while he was around.

The messaged him and said I’d like to treat him and the crew to come Asahi tallboys as a thank you for the Love Letters, which I immensely enjoyed.

He said sure, but our schedules ended up not working, and I missed meeting him by a couple of hours.
HOLY SHIT YOU DM'D GROSSO?

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2021, 07:40:48 AM »
God I love this thread so much.

Got a few more from least to most impressive:

1. My dad saw JFK get assassinated, was 15 and there on a school field trip. He was on the corner of North Houston and Elm.

2. I got a shoutout on the bunt once.

3. Ace sent me a box because I emailed them about how much I loved their trucks.

4. My kid was a flower girl and Dave Engerer’s wedding (pyramid country, sovrn etc) and I built the mini ramp (currently in my backyard) they had at their reception

Attached are photos of the box, the cake from Dave’s wedding, and my Darren Navarette KOTR jersey mentioned in a previous post.

Wait, they didn't send you any trucks? WTF
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

ohcomeon

• Rep: -3
« Reply #182 on: April 24, 2021, 04:41:29 AM »
One of the kids from a Pink Floyd band member was in my maths class. He only got 20 Quid a week allowance so he would´t be able to buy drugs.
He came by our house a bunch to scrounge for weed. Once he stayed up in my room while we went down to the kitchen. When i came back, i found him trying to roll a switch joint, the paper all crumpled, cause he had been trying it for 20 minutes.
I found it funny, givin who his dad was, that he didnt know how to roll a joint.
Bit of a douche though.
Oh and one of the princes of Spain went there too. Super nice dude.

Bay10Blues

• Rep: 5
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2021, 02:42:07 PM »
Saw a wasted Kelsey Grammer sprawled on a stool at a bar in Nairobi, Kenya in like 1996. He was surrounded by 3 blonde Playmate looking women. Dude was hammered and happy. I bought some Marlboro Reds and went back to my table at the adjacent restaurant. 

Bay10Blues

• Rep: 5
« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2021, 02:44:14 PM »
Roger Bagley sold me my back-to-school shoes, t-shirts, decks, etc. year after year. My mother referred to him as “that nice boy at the skateshop”.

In Boston?

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2021, 05:37:27 PM »
One night on the way back home after some friends' live show in Wales we bumped into Nick Turner from Hawkwind who was busking on a sidewalk. My friends invited him to their place for a session and we ended up kicking it all night smoking weed and coming down off exstacy while they were jamming. Fucking unreal night.

My dad's cousin (RIP) was the main metal dude in my small hometown and in the late 80's people thought he was a satanist.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Fhk

« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2021, 05:53:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Roger Bagley sold me my back-to-school shoes, t-shirts, decks, etc. year after year. My mother referred to him as “that nice boy at the skateshop”.
[close]

Positive for school shopping? Awesome mom right there!

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #187 on: April 26, 2021, 06:27:05 AM »
I was throwing out my trash at a mall Chinese restaurant and turned directly into MLB pitcher Cole Hamels.

Friends edition:

Friend’s sister and her friends drank at a bar all night with Paul Walker (RIP) in Costa Rica or Mexico.

Another friend’s sister slept with James Iha in NY but didn’t know who he was and had to google him when he said he was in the Smashing Pumpkins.

A few of my friends were eating dinner at a crappy sushi place and William Hurt was there. He was basically “holding court”, standing and talking loudly to his table. One of guys walked behind Hurt to get to the bathroom but Hurt was gesticulating wildly as he told his story and poked the kid in the eye.

“Oh sorry.” he said dismissively then continued to regale his party with his tales.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2021, 02:45:23 PM »
I grew up around the corner from Kyle and Kurt Busch, who I gather are well-known NASCAR drivers. Kurt is a few years older than me, Kyle is a year younger.  Their dad was some kind of mechanic, and every one of them were assholes.  One time when I was maybe 10, Kyle sucker punched me while we were playing with our friend (who was a couple years older than me) and I ran home crying. A few minutes later there was a knock on my door and it was Kyle and our other friend.  Kyle was all sullen and mad and just said "Sorry for hitting you" in the least apologetic tone.  I realized from looking at his battered arms that our older, much larger friend had been whaling on him since I left and forced him to apologize through threats of further violence. 

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2021, 07:04:19 PM »
I grew up around the corner from Kyle and Kurt Busch, who I gather are well-known NASCAR drivers. Kurt is a few years older than me, Kyle is a year younger.  Their dad was some kind of mechanic, and every one of them were assholes.  One time when I was maybe 10, Kyle sucker punched me while we were playing with our friend (who was a couple years older than me) and I ran home crying. A few minutes later there was a knock on my door and it was Kyle and our other friend.  Kyle was all sullen and mad and just said "Sorry for hitting you" in the least apologetic tone.  I realized from looking at his battered arms that our older, much larger friend had been whaling on him since I left and forced him to apologize through threats of further violence.

I followed nascar fairly regularly up until the the last few seasons and the Busch brothers are definitely huge in racing, especially Kyle who is arguably the most successful racer currently running in NASCAR. That being said your story totally fits as he’s the type of guy to throw a tantrum and wreck another driver for something minor, then let his crew team fight for him in the pits. He’s the guy everyone loves to hate, and he’s one of the main reason I quit watching.

Get hungry on it!

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2021, 08:01:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I followed nascar fairly regularly up until the the last few seasons and the Busch brothers are definitely huge in racing, especially Kyle who is arguably the most successful racer currently running in NASCAR. That being said your story totally fits as he’s the type of guy to throw a tantrum and wreck another driver for something minor, then let his crew team fight for him in the pits. He’s the guy everyone loves to hate, and he’s one of the main reason I quit watching.

Dude looks like a reanimated Mikey Taylor corpse.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2021, 08:18:50 PM »
Expand Quote
I almost got to hang with Grosso when he came to Japan.

He was filming for the Japan episode, and I happened to be in Tokyo for one day while he was around.

The messaged him and said I’d like to treat him and the crew to come Asahi tallboys as a thank you for the Love Letters, which I immensely enjoyed.

He said sure, but our schedules ended up not working, and I missed meeting him by a couple of hours.
[close]
HOLY SHIT YOU DM'D GROSSO?

Yeah. First time was years ago when i tagged him in a long board slide at the old Combi bowl done by a young ripper. He replied and corrected me on the coping block count.
Messaged him again about the use of helmets in downhill, and he was nice enough to reply.
And then when i saw he was in Japan and hit him up.
Like a man.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 06:39:49 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2021, 08:58:20 PM »
I won that Bunt switch Tre contest last year. Got a few boards some wheels and some gear.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2021, 06:18:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Dude looks like a reanimated Mikey Taylor corpse.

Damn, now that you mention it, he does sort of look like a puffy faced Mikey Taylor.

Get hungry on it!

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2021, 05:04:25 AM »
I won that Bunt switch Tre contest last year. Got a few boards some wheels and some gear.

Post the clip
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2021, 05:10:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Post the clip

artless

• Rep: 22
  • PFFT!
    • PFFT! skate stuff avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #196 on: April 29, 2021, 09:44:13 AM »
I taught figure drawing at an Art Center on Miami Beach and one day they asked me if I wanted to get paid $200 to teach a class during filming for a new TV show. I was like yeah and it was "Kourtney and Kim take Miami". I remember not knowing at the time Kim even had sisters.
Weirdest part was randos for a few months after telling me: "Hey! You're the art teacher!"

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #197 on: April 29, 2021, 10:58:02 AM »
7th grade history teachers sis was on baywatch... Susan Anton

Ex girl ended up banging tony Silva for a while n now has a kid with Herman’s brother. She still pops up in my life every now n again.

Was on the cover of a local newspaper muska flipping at the bottom of a 10 ft quaterpipe at the opening of a church skatepark in my rural hometown in the high desert. Newspaper dude shot it pretty terrible n pretty sure there’s a pic hanging on my parents refrigerator still.

Got bgp’s in clips from 411 25, sorry, extremely sorry, n dyets part in a think video.

Fhk

« Reply #198 on: April 29, 2021, 02:11:14 PM »

This same night I landed fakie 3-flip on this bank and I caught it so right. Jahmal clapped his deck and either Ponte or Panama Dan did too. I got drunk that night and was on top of the world. Maybe it's not a crap claim to fame, because my dumbass is still smiling 25ish years later.