Author Topic: Fitness thread / Healthy recipes  (Read 7172 times)

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 472
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive
Re: Fitness thread / Healthy recipes
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2018, 11:58:54 PM »
Hereís a weird one. Putting my kid in her car seat, carrying her when she was younger, slouching, and ultimately getting older, Iíve developed slight lower back pain and a weaker core. Do you engage your core all day to prevent slouch and just maintain it regularly? I do engage during certain moves at work, but what about all day? Read both sides on yes and no. Apparently it could fuck with your breathing. No idea.

I do workout and do core exercises, Iím just curious on to how to go about it. I donít recall doing so in my early 20s, but my core also wasnít weak. Thanks

After you are fatigued after a skate session, find some stairs and do as many sets of sprinting up them as you can (two at a time). Also box-jumping the stairs (three at a time) back-to-back until the top on both feet or one foot will have your core aching if you push yourself hard enough.

FROTHY

• Rep: 1
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2018, 12:51:25 PM »
I do meal prep when I'm on my shit and being healthy. One thing I make is an indian dish called saag that me and my wife both love. Couple of pounds of kale and ruby chard reduced over a bunch of potatoes fried in ghee and then tons of  spices - an entire bulb of garlic, garam masala, cumin seeds, ginger, chili peppers, and some other shit. Lasts about 3 days or so. And then we'll often get a whole chicken and strip it and supplement with that. My other staples are sardines, hard boiled eggs, avocadoes, nuts and fruit. Maybe some whole kale leaves. The last stuff is all just easy to throw into a lunch with no prep.

Yes. Meal prep is the only reasonable solution in the long run, if you have a job and don't want to spend your life in the kitchen.

I started doing more shit in the oven. A couple of pounds of fish/chicken + veggies in tomato sauce and boiled rice, 5 lunches done in like 25 minutes.

So you heat-up seafood at work?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -84
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2018, 07:28:45 PM »
I do meal prep when I'm on my shit and being healthy. One thing I make is an indian dish called saag that me and my wife both love. Couple of pounds of kale and ruby chard reduced over a bunch of potatoes fried in ghee and then tons of  spices - an entire bulb of garlic, garam masala, cumin seeds, ginger, chili peppers, and some other shit. Lasts about 3 days or so. And then we'll often get a whole chicken and strip it and supplement with that. My other staples are sardines, hard boiled eggs, avocadoes, nuts and fruit. Maybe some whole kale leaves. The last stuff is all just easy to throw into a lunch with no prep.

Yes. Meal prep is the only reasonable solution in the long run, if you have a job and don't want to spend your life in the kitchen.

I started doing more shit in the oven. A couple of pounds of fish/chicken + veggies in tomato sauce and boiled rice, 5 lunches done in like 25 minutes.

Why not?

Oh....your that bitch

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -668
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2018, 11:07:43 PM »

Why not?

Oh....your that bitch

It's pangasius. White fish with almost no typical fishy smell. Indian dudes from IT are heating up their food and it is no problem. Also, the place is designed for a couple of hundred people.