Author Topic: Fitness thread / Healthy recipes  (Read 5143 times)

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
  • GNARBUNGA!
    • SkateMagArchive
Re: Fitness thread / Healthy recipes
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2018, 11:48:04 PM »
hold on there buddy ... nut butter can be made in a high power blender, but it is very taxing on the blades and on the electric motor if the crushed nuts stick to the sides of the jar. I was able to make the butter twice in my 950W blender, but on my third try, the peanut goo got suck to the sides and the motor was seizing and stating to heat up/melting. It only lasted a couple of seconds, but the burning smell was there. Luckily I stopped it in time and it still work OK. But I learned my lesson and I buy peanut butter (with no additives) from the store now.

If you have the funds, then buy a Blendtec Twister Jar (https://www.blendtec.com/products/twister-jar), that will work wonders for nut butters. Anything else, I would not recommend.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -396
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2018, 12:16:40 AM »
yeah, normal food processor won't do nut butter!
#GMOsbeforeHoes #-65gforRyfe #teamdogdrugs

#lobsterlivesmatter #thenumbers1and8offendme #yearoftheeagle #tatergate2018

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
  • Stuffed Animal Serial Killer
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2018, 03:23:04 PM »
yeah, normal food processor won't do nut butter!

FUCK.  Well, thanks for the heads up PALS
I like my women the same way I like my personified cups of coffee...black...strong...and proud.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2018, 11:03:31 PM »
I dunno....it might....I blew out my vitamix making hummus....I think you just have to be careful and be ready to add more oil.  Obviously check the manual on your food processor....

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2018, 04:02:04 PM »
Made the hummus, turned out pretty good.

How many people meal prep? Also, what strategies do you use to keep it from getting boring? I've been using containers that are microwavable, freezable, and dishwasher safe.  It is cheapest to buy them on amazon.  My initial efforts to meal prep yielded large portions that I would be forced to eat throughout the week. Even for foods that I really enjoy, I was getting really burnt out on eating the same thing day-in day-out. What I started to do after that, was make decent sized portions and freeze them. I would put them in my freezer and randomly organize them so it would be a complete fucking mystery as to what I would pull out. Some things don't freeze very well, for example, eggplant's consistency gets trippy when it is frozen. I also learned that it is best if you put the food in the containers and then let them cool off prior to putting the lid on top. This is because the steam will fog up the lid and obscure the view.
I like my women the same way I like my personified cups of coffee...black...strong...and proud.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2018, 05:21:21 PM »
I do meal prep when I'm on my shit and being healthy. One thing I make is an indian dish called saag that me and my wife both love. Couple of pounds of kale and ruby chard reduced over a bunch of potatoes fried in ghee and then tons of  spices - an entire bulb of garlic, garam masala, cumin seeds, ginger, chili peppers, and some other shit. Lasts about 3 days or so. And then we'll often get a whole chicken and strip it and supplement with that. My other staples are sardines, hard boiled eggs, avocadoes, nuts and fruit. Maybe some whole kale leaves. The last stuff is all just easy to throw into a lunch with no prep.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -668
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2018, 01:42:55 AM »
I do meal prep when I'm on my shit and being healthy. One thing I make is an indian dish called saag that me and my wife both love. Couple of pounds of kale and ruby chard reduced over a bunch of potatoes fried in ghee and then tons of  spices - an entire bulb of garlic, garam masala, cumin seeds, ginger, chili peppers, and some other shit. Lasts about 3 days or so. And then we'll often get a whole chicken and strip it and supplement with that. My other staples are sardines, hard boiled eggs, avocadoes, nuts and fruit. Maybe some whole kale leaves. The last stuff is all just easy to throw into a lunch with no prep.

Yes. Meal prep is the only reasonable solution in the long run, if you have a job and don't want to spend your life in the kitchen.

I started doing more shit in the oven. A couple of pounds of fish/chicken + veggies in tomato sauce and boiled rice, 5 lunches done in like 25 minutes.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2018, 02:30:55 PM »
I maybe mentioned this but it works for me....snacks: Apple, Banana, Granola bar repeat....just keep doing it.  The reason why it works is it somewhat satisfies you but it's not good that you eat like a whole bushel of bananas in a seating....works with oranges too.

I'd say the deal is you work on stuff that freezes ie. curry, pasta sauce, you eat it for three days then you freeze the rest.  Then you rotate in what you have already froze prior or mid week you can have your easier dishes....

Breakfast: oatmeal/over night oats/smoothie Lunch: big salad or leftovers/freezer

Try and have fillers around : rice (get a rice cooker), pasta/zoodles, quinoa, salad, popcorn (snack), protein powder

I follow a bunch of shit on insta.

I'm big on don't bring bad shit in the house....

This week I did breakfast for dinner w chick pea scramble, then made a bunch of pesto w. garlic scapes, served w zoodles.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2018, 02:37:23 PM »
I maybe mentioned this but it works for me....snacks: Apple, Banana, Granola bar repeat....just keep doing it.  The reason why it works is it somewhat satisfies you but it's not good that you eat like a whole bushel of bananas in a seating....works with oranges too.

I'd say the deal is you work on stuff that freezes ie. curry, pasta sauce, you eat it for three days then you freeze the rest.  Then you rotate in what you have already froze prior or mid week you can have your easier dishes....

Breakfast: oatmeal/over night oats/smoothie Lunch: big salad or leftovers/freezer

Try and have fillers around : rice (get a rice cooker), pasta/zoodles, quinoa, salad, popcorn (snack), protein powder

I follow a bunch of shit on insta.

I'm big on don't bring bad shit in the house....

This week I did breakfast for dinner w chick pea scramble, then made a bunch of pesto w. garlic scapes, served w zoodles.
who do you follow on IG?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2018, 02:58:42 PM »
thugkitchen, veganricha, bestofvegan, minimalistbaker, ohsheglows

The last two I just check their blogs.....which are painful. 

If you got any lemme know.  I do the cooking, wife does the cleaning.....

Back to your food processor.....if you have a chance get a vitamix....it's just easier to clean.  Kinda does different things, but you can leave it on the counter. 

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2018, 04:31:38 PM »
thugkitchen, veganricha, bestofvegan, minimalistbaker, ohsheglows

The last two I just check their blogs.....which are painful. 

If you got any lemme know.  I do the cooking, wife does the cleaning.....

Back to your food processor.....if you have a chance get a vitamix....it's just easier to clean.  Kinda does different things, but you can leave it on the counter.

Meal prep daily I just started following.  Doesn't look like they are vegan, but sometimes just seeing photos of meal prep combos is enough to inspire alterations to get out of a cooking rut. 

What a trooper, I would be so psyched if I had a wife that let me cook and she would do the cleaning!

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2018, 05:21:41 PM »
minimalist baker is the shit!

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
  • GNARBUNGA!
    • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2018, 01:44:33 AM »
I've just been getting into regular exercising to up my core and upper body strength etc. and my workout routine has been as follows: cycle up a nearby hill in a city park, lock my bicycle, do a few running laps with a low gradient downhill section (protect the knees) and a steep uphill section, running in circles really. The top of the hill has an outdoor fitness station for street workout and I do pull-ups etc. Once I get fatigued enough I just cycle downhill and home (again, protecting the knees, not running downhill towards home).

I am thinking of upgrading my routine by cycling the round running section and running uphill with my bicycle on my shoulders. Protecting my knees even more (running uphill exclusively) and saving time, as I will be descending far quicker, which will enable me to do more reps for the uphill running section (with the weight of the bike, no less), when I develop the muscles and stamina to do it.

I cannot find anything on the internet of anyone doing such laps for training, but I fail to see any problem with this workout program. Does anyone have any precaution suggestions?

S.

• Rep: 9
    • Fotos
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2018, 07:47:23 AM »
I just finished this Yoga challenge:

It is mostly easy core, balance, strecthing and breathing exercises and each exercise is between 15 and 40 minutes long. You are supposed to do one video a day for 30 days. I did that in the beginning, but I noticed that it started to really change the flexibility of my body and if I skated after an exercise sometimes my balance was really off and I started to get really sore in places I had never been sore before. I guess that is from being able to bend down differently and doing movements while skating that weren't possible before. That made me decide to only do these exercises on the days that I am not skating or to do them after the skate sessions. It took me about 6 weeks to finish all the exercises. I started to notice that it changed my body awareness while skating quite a bit. I feel my body more intensely and I am more aware of the way I am moving now than before the exercises. Feels kind of weird, but good. I will take a break from it now and then I will start another one of these video challenges.
I kind of hate doing yoga, but I know how good it is for me so I force myself to do it. It got much easier once I was used to it.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2018, 07:42:32 PM »
skated Thursday and Saturday, went to the gym on Friday and did martial arts training yesterday so you can imagine what my body feels like at the moment.
Thanks for the yoga challenge S., I do yoga most mornings at home but seem to have little progression in my overall flexibility. It's not that I'm stiff per se, it's just that I never get really flexy/ bendy. Sitting in a chair at work all day probably doesn't help though...