Author Topic: Wide Cupsoles  (Read 2552 times)

themanwhomakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Wide Cupsoles
« on: July 16, 2016, 01:44:18 PM »
I've been skating project BA's exclusively for 2ish years now, definitely my favorite shoe ever, but its pretty much impossible to find decent colorways for decent prices anymore. So i've decided to move on and I just got my NB 533 stratfords in the mail. I was super stoked to try them out but they're waaaaaaaay too narrow. In your experience,  do you guys think it might help to send them back and go up a half size or will they still be too narrow no matter what? Should i just exchange them for something else?

TLDR: Looking for wide cupsoles, what do you guys reccomend?
One post in and he's threatening pro skaters with violence over their shitty bands. Best first post ever?

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
Re: Wide Cupsoles
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 03:08:27 PM »
What size you wear? i got some BA in a 10 id be willing to let go of for pretty cheap

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 03:25:47 PM »
DC Cole lites, at least the first ones are pretty wide. You can still find em cheap here and there, great shoes.

pinch a loaf

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 04:13:08 PM »
Dunks are known for their wide footbed.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 05:02:32 PM »
The Emerica Herman G6. Best shoe out there

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 05:13:58 PM »
That new Lakai Fremont is pretty wide and comfy.
you never know about pre-cum 

themanwhomakes

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 05:35:46 PM »
What size you wear? i got some BA in a 10 id be willing to let go of for pretty cheap

10.5 :(

I know i'm alone on this but I hated the original g6. It just didnt work with my weird ass feet.

Im trying to stay away from nike (not that NB is much better) but yeah i'm definitely considering dunks. The fremont looks pretty good too.
One post in and he's threatening pro skaters with violence over their shitty bands. Best first post ever?

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 07:10:53 PM »
I can't recommend much as my experience is limited, but the Adidas Busenitz suits me really well. Good for my wide feet. It kinda squeezes my big toes,Also, I'll take your thread as a sign from the SKATE GODS, I've found one single pair of BAs in my size and for a good price, and I was wondering whether I should buy them.

jayrolla420

• Rep: -4
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 08:50:10 PM »
Definitely wanna size up at least a half for the pjs.  Heard a few people say their true to size but thats bs.  See the reviews on Tactics:
http://www.tactics.com/new-balance/pj-stratford-533-skate-shoes

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 08:54:33 PM »
The Herman G6's had a different shaped toe than the Reynolds cupsole G6 model. I had a couple pairs of the Reynolds and they fit nice and wide, much better than the Herman's.

ZEBRA

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 09:45:03 PM »
HUF Soto's are nice and wide. Simple shoes though. No tech at all, besides their "Infinity Rubber" the use for their sole, which is pretty good. Nice and grippy.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 117
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 01:11:35 AM »
es accel feels very wide

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 01:38:53 AM »
I can't recommend much as my experience is limited, but the Adidas Busenitz suits me really well. Good for my wide feet. It kinda squeezes my big toes,Also, I'll take your thread as a sign from the SKATE GODS, I've found one single pair of BAs in my size and for a good price, and I was wondering whether I should buy them.

Did you get my PM? Go get them man!! 😉

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

coneklr

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 12:51:51 PM »
Try to find a cheap pair of Romero laced ( shouldn't be hard ) and then throw a decent insole in them.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 01:49:48 PM »
Try to find a cheap pair of Romero laced ( shouldn't be hard ) and then throw a decent insole in them.
Those were thin as fuck on me, and my feet sound less fat because the G6 was nice.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 04:49:42 PM »
Supra Vaider Lows are wide and always lasted a long time. On the other hand, the skateboarding consensus has deemed them uncool.

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 03:51:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Those were thin as fuck on me, and my feet sound less fat because the G6 was nice.

agree 100%. i've had the herman g6's, the reynolds low, and i've tried on the romero laced. the herman was my favorite, and the reynolds was like a slightly-not-as-good-but-still-real-good version. the romero was noticeably narrow on the pair i tried, enough that i didn't end up buying them, which was a shame because they looked cool as shit otherwise.

busenitzes are a pretty good choice if you can get used to the high heel. i've got a pair of trunk boyz (fuck i hate typing that) pico xlks at the moment.. they're just-barely-wearable in terms of width, but are holding up great.

- man with the feet of fred flintstone

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 04:13:30 AM »
Looking for wide cupsoles, what do you guys reccomend?

The Lakai Fremont is one of the widest cupsoles I've ever tried on. Don't be fooled by the look, they are really wide and have a lot of volume overall.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 05:45:13 AM »
Accel slims. Despite some saying they're a bit thin for a cupsole, my bum knees have no qualms. Using footprint insoles, though.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 08:53:41 AM »
DCs have nice wide cupsoles, the Mike Mo (if you can find it) and the cole lites.

The Converse metric cls are wide, and by wide I mean a roomy, roundish toebox, not pointy.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 01:33:09 PM by Xen »

coneklr

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 09:34:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

agree 100%. i've had the herman g6's, the reynolds low, and i've tried on the romero laced. the herman was my favorite, and the reynolds was like a slightly-not-as-good-but-still-real-good version. the romero was noticeably narrow on the pair i tried, enough that i didn't end up buying them, which was a shame because they looked cool as shit otherwise.

busenitzes are a pretty good choice if you can get used to the high heel. i've got a pair of trunk boyz (fuck i hate typing that) pico xlks at the moment.. they're just-barely-wearable in terms of width, but are holding up great.

- man with the feet of fred flintstone

Damn, really?  Out of all the shoes I had here they felt almost the widest ( and that included 2 different emericas and a bunch of other brands )  To the Busenitz pros, out of the box the romeros felt wider but the Busenitz give and break in almost instantly to being perfect but I don't think I'd call them a wide shoe.  Maybe I just have fucked up feet  :'(

chumlee

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 05:38:33 PM »
WEAPONS!  unfortunately they're hard to come by now a days

themanwhomakes

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 07:14:55 PM »
Tried the reynolds, they get the job done but they're kinda meh. I've skated the busenitz a couple times, they're great but but they make my weird bone spur/turf toe shit from pushing and popping too much act up. Weapons were too narrow believe it or not.  Mike mo was forsure too narrow.

So you guys think i should even bother trying a half size or full size up on the stratford? I just dont wanna deal with the whole song and dance of endlessly shipping and returning. Those newbalance 868 look right up my alley but the price tag :/

It's looking like the fremont or dunks at this point. Shoulda stocked up on project ba's but i was poor when they were a thing.

Hannity

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 09:27:48 AM »
the Leo 2 or whatever incarnation of Leo's shoe (not the Laced versions) is a pretty wide footbed. like others have said too, Accels are always a safe choice.

Olabade

• Rep: -46
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 01:24:43 PM »
Also Koston 1 is wide. Simple cup and skates relay good. My favorite cupsole recently.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 01:40:21 PM »

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -8
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2016, 02:04:58 AM »
Amazon has a cool tool for checking how shoes fit that shoes you how a pair of shoes will fit compared to another pair you already. It's pretty simple to use and has helped me out a bunch.