Author Topic: Southern california is trash, so is it's skating.  (Read 4364 times)

Jordick

Re: Southern california is trash, so is it's skating.
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2016, 11:11:38 AM »
Can't we all just get along?

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2016, 11:40:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
LA is treated like trash tho  :'(

[close]

Off topic, but what's the deal with lane splitting and filtering for motorbikes in LA? These are some wide lanes.
[close]

Lane splitting is legal in California, if that's what you're asking.
[close]

Cheers Grampa. In most parts of Aus filtering is legal, but lane splitting isn't. With lanes that wide and splitting being legal, a bike seems like a no brainer if you can ride. 

yea but people drive like morons so your are highly likely to get in a bike crash more often in high traffic LA

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2016, 12:18:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
LA is treated like trash tho  :'(

[close]

Off topic, but what's the deal with lane splitting and filtering for motorbikes in LA? These are some wide lanes.
[close]

Lane splitting is legal in California, if that's what you're asking.
[close]

Cheers Grampa. In most parts of Aus filtering is legal, but lane splitting isn't. With lanes that wide and splitting being legal, a bike seems like a no brainer if you can ride. 

[close]
yea but people drive like morons so your are highly likely to get in a bike crash more often in high traffic LA

SoCal drivers are actually really, really aware of their surroundings because it's so chaotic at all times. You ever been to Texas? There's some inept drivers. I've seen multiple driving the wrong way down the highway.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 12:42:52 PM »
^Yes i used to live in San Antonio and Austin ...LA still has crazy accident stats

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2016, 02:12:52 PM »
I was splitting lanes on the way home the other night and had two different cars barge over the double yellow lines into me. I locked up my back tire a bit and fish tailed. Scared the shit out of me. Point being a lot of LA drivers are aware, but there are enough oblivious drivers that it's still a total crap shoot.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2016, 11:42:33 PM »
There are a lot of amazing, unique spots in Southern California, and tons of skaters who skate "outside the box", and don't conform to the LA schoolyard/perfect stair set stereotype that gets perpetuated. I'm sorry if you guys came to visit/temporarily live here and couldn't find either of the two.

Don't worry, though. We'll somehow manage to survive with you leaving.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

jomeara1

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2016, 07:14:33 AM »