Author Topic: Nashville Pals?  (Read 1424 times)

Wizard Fight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
Nashville Pals?
« on: July 21, 2016, 02:20:33 AM »
Yo, I moved to Nashville a few months ago without knowing anyone. I only know a couple people that skate. Anyone live in Nashville or know any spots?

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
Re: Nashville Pals?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 06:14:38 PM »
heading down there for a week starting saturday. is the outdoor park any good?

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 11:00:41 PM »
Sixthave is pretty fun but it's slick as shit and you gotta wear a helmet.
Stop in at Hunt supply co, the owner is a solid guy and can hook you up with homies and spots.
Tell him Moe sent ya.

I'm not from Nashville but I visit quite frequently. I'll drop ya a line next time I'm in town

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 11:03:41 PM »
concrete wave is pretty good you don't have to push at all and the euro is super fun. Night time is the right time to go for a good sesh

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 01:15:35 AM »
There's mad spots and untouched, unskated spots here, it's bewildering. It's also like 90 degrees and humid and I can't skate for more than ten minutes before I can't breathe.

swag nollies

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 09:29:09 AM »
I used to live close as hell to nashville. I really disliked that city, the overall feel was just old, shitty, and ugly with a country western vibe, ehhh. Two rivers park was sick though.

Elderly Gentleman

• Rep: 4
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 09:50:29 AM »
I live in Nashville and I love it here.  I'm an old kook and not very good, but I love to skate when I can.   Like mentioned above, there's 6th ave (indoor park) which is cool but is super slick.  I rarely go because it's so freakin' slick, (everyone calls it Slick Ave here).  Two Rivers is an outdoor park with two concrete bowls and a flow area with a few humps, rails, steps and so on.  You can usually skate there without a helmet or pads, but I have heard stories of cops hassling people without a helmet (but I've never seen it.)

Hunt supply is a good place to get more info.  It's a little hidden in an alleyway though and kind of hard to find sometimes.  Another good shop to check out would be Franklin Skateshop 1227 Lakeview Dr #4, Franklin, TN 37067.  The owner, Donny Myhre, was a pro for Zorlac back in the day.  There's a mini half in the back room too.  He's a great guy and can get you hooked up with local skaters. 

Another shop to check out is Purpose Skate Shop 2546 Lebanon Pike, Nashville, TN 37214.  The owner Dan is a skater through and through.  The shop is small, but he has good stuff.  It's close to Two Rivers skatepark.  Dan can get you in contact with some local guys as well.

If you have a YMCA membership, I highly recommend checking out the Brentwood YMCA on Concord road.  Their skate park is the 3rd largest YMCA skatepark in the country (according to the coordinator).  They have a 12' vert ramp and huge wooden bowl and a street course with ledges, rails, euros and quarters and it flows well.  Helmet is required.  If you aren't a member, I think it's $10 to skate all day.  It's my favorite spot.

There are a ton of other spots.  Downtown is always a good spot for street skating but watch for cops.  I hear they can be tough at some of the state buildings.  There are lots of other spots and parks.  If you stop in at any of the shops above they can give you more details.  Welcome to Nashville!
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

"I'll just use my Zumiez rewards card".

JAesop

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 10:20:07 AM »
There's mad spots and untouched, unskated spots here, it's bewildering. It's also like 90 degrees and humid and I can't skate for more than ten minutes before I can't breathe.

Welcome to summer in the dirty...

I have some free time next week and I can show you a good after hours/ weekend garage that is out of the sun. I'll message you...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:23:46 AM by JAesop »

JAesop

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 10:22:10 AM »
I used to live close as hell to nashville. I really disliked that city, the overall feel was just old, shitty, and ugly with a country western vibe, ehhh. Two rivers park was sick though.

You must have been hanging in the wrong parts of town and with the wrong people  :)

JAesop

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 11:15:08 AM »

Franklin has a good size bowl too. Plenty to skate around here