Author Topic: So, we're heading to Croatia  (Read 2181 times)

Skibb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
So, we're heading to Croatia
« on: May 15, 2016, 02:05:51 AM »
Hey y'all. We're heading to Split in Croatia this summer. We've done som Google Mapsin' and everything does of course look all awesome and mediterranean and shit, but do you have any recommendations on what to check out? Spots-wise, partying-wise nature-wise, whatever.

Edit: Also, if anyone wanna hang out that would be sick. We'll be there July 19-27.

geelassieone

• Rep: 1
Re: So, we're heading to Croatia
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 03:14:52 AM »
Nice, Croatia has lots of nature to offer.
if you have the time and some ways of transportation, you should definitely check out omis canyon, itīs about 25 km down the coast. the islands should be pretty interesting as well, i have only been to the more northern ones. Spotwise, there are tons of them, Park Josipa Jurja Strossmayera just north of the diocletian palace is the meeting spot for locals.
have a good time.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 05:46:00 AM »
you'll find a lot of spots just driving through random parts of the city and the suburbs.
split isn't that big 10 days is a lot of time for such a small city, plenty of time to skate and find spots.
eat a lot of fish.

briandamaged

• Rep: -3
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 07:41:48 PM »
eat cufta and cevapi
the only croatian words i know is "jebi se" - fuck you

this is all i know from living and having family in a country bordering croatia

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 07:03:20 AM »
split is amazing. The beach is the best ever and just cross the city and youll come across some spots (some you might've seen in videos). we found some fun downhills through alleys aswell. Didnt see any other skaters when we were there, but youll find things yourself. enjoy!

also, visit zagreb!
ohyeahohyeah

Skibb

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 01:01:55 PM »
Sp, just to feed back – Split was sick. Sunny every day, the beer was cheap and the people (well, at least some of them) friendly. There was a plaza just down by the palace which was sick as shit, ridiculous ledges all over and also in the shade during the day. And the rest of the place is littered with spots as well. Went up to the Mosor mountains, passing through some mountain villages, overlooking a forest fire. Shit was lit.

All in all: go to Split.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 02:58:30 PM »
Rad you had a good time. I take it you spent all 10 days in Split?

Skibb

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 12:57:47 PM »
Rad you had a good time. I take it you spent all 10 days in Split?

Pretty much, yeah. Took two day trips out to ride some mopeds out on the islands and to hike the Mosor mountains.