Author Topic: Visiting NYC, looking for OG local skaters to interview  (Read 1412 times)

ige

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Visiting NYC, looking for OG local skaters to interview
« on: August 11, 2016, 04:35:16 AM »
Hi!

Me and my girlfriend are visiting NYC (from Estonia) in the middle of September. Since i run a local skateboarding and hipster website, i thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try to get an interview or two during my vacation. I'm mostly interested in the local skate scene and history, but open to any other ideas. Tried to contact someone via the Bronze website and through Quartersnacks website but no answer.

Hope somebody can help me with this :) If you can, please contact me through my e-mail: [email protected]

Thank you!

bluntstofakie

• Rep: -4
Re: Visiting NYC, looking for OG local skaters to interview
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 11:05:52 AM »
Hi!

Me and my girlfriend are visiting NYC (from Estonia) in the middle of September. Since i run a local skateboarding and hipster website, i thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try to get an interview or two during my vacation. I'm mostly interested in the local skate scene and history, but open to any other ideas. Tried to contact someone via the Bronze website and through Quartersnacks website but no answer.

Hope somebody can help me with this :) If you can, please contact me through my e-mail: [email protected]

Thank you!
was that switch ollie in a turban at 1:18 ?.....trend watch

ige

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 11:57:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Hi!

Thank you!
[close]

I think people are self-aware enough to call themselves "hipsters".

calvinsdream

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 12:46:28 PM »
With Bronze and Quartersnacks exhausted, hard to imagine who could be left  ??? ??? ???

ige

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 01:27:32 AM »
With Bronze and Quartersnacks exhausted, hard to imagine who could be left  ??? ??? ???
These were two brand/crews off the top of my head. I recently messaged lurknyc and probably will try Strobeck as well. But i am looking all the help i can get and hope you guys can suggest me somebody or some place! I am also interested in local skateshops and other locations (Max Fish?).

Every bit of information is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 04:54:56 AM »
Unless you've got a link attached to your site and it interests them - assuming they see it - it's just another dud message that lands in their inbox. I'm sure those guys are pretty busy with requests landing in their inbox from unknown people. Hipster, even when people are hipsters, doesn't usually come with an attractive connotation here so I'd probably avoid using it in the headline.

What I will say is, even if you don't get in touch with anyone online, if you go and skate the right places in NYC you'll probably run into some of these guys over a weeks course. In person may be your best bet.