Author Topic: Vermont  (Read 4649 times)

BrunsdOut17

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Vermont
« on: August 16, 2016, 05:55:24 AM »
Can anyone help out with some parks/DIYs to hit out in Vermont? Friends and I are taking a trip out there and plan on going up to Burlington. Any suggestions for spots would be sick. Thanks.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
Re: Vermont
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 06:18:15 PM »
Burton Snowboards - Bowl and mini ramp
DIY - Barriers, ledges, wedge things behind the train tracks by burton bowl
Winooski Skatepark - my favorite, its like ledges and open space. not much but its my park so whatever.
Winooski natural half pipe. half of a pipe, not a vert ramp.
Not much street shit unfortunately or maybe i just dont give a shit about skateboarding in vermont. Ledges, gaps, etc but no chill spot like in a real city.
Outside of town, Waterbury mini ramp with spine, Ludlow Skatepark (vert and bowl), some other shit

people are nice here and its easy to get around. swimming at the water holes is very nice if its too hot.

street spots in town
burlington area and rutland area
waterbury, winooski, barriers

hit me up, ill probably be around. bring beer and cigs.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 06:54:57 PM »
burlington got a really good skatepark

BrunsdOut17

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 10:45:32 AM »
Awesome thanks for the help. Burlington park is a must for sure. the DIY sounds sick as well, thanks for the tip on that. We will be out there second weekend of September, with plenty or beers and smokes.

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 02:22:02 PM »
Burlington park looks super sick. Pretty hyped on the stuff lined up. Bruns is you Neil?
You either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the Berra.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 02:07:27 PM »
burlington got a really good skatepark

i got to skate this park on monday... and WOW.  probably the best park i've ever skated.
crazy low floor and crazy high ceiling. so many cool lines. 10/10 will road trip up again.
i got there at 930ish in the morning and there were two other people there.  after they left i had the place to myself for like an hour or two until some little kid showed up. plus its right next to a cool brewery.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

shark tits

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 04:12:54 PM »
It's 1/3 finished I believe but rusty berrings park is at least partially skateable. Looked good the clip I saw

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 07:27:06 PM »
it's been completed since last november

shark tits

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 07:56:59 PM »
it's been completed since last november
He died last November, they renamed it after him in the last few months & reopened it (though not done completely) a few wks ago. His dad buddy has a thread about it. Looked it up, actually in Lebanon nh even though his address was vt

231st Street

• Rep: -197
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2023, 12:22:27 PM »
Update- Anyone in Vermont around Manchester check out the park-- super sick and the extension when it opens by next year making the park look huge was great.  Had a good time there on a family trip and beautiful views of mountains in background.