Author Topic: The Berrics: PJ Ladd | Footnotes  (Read 8534 times)

Paul Cicero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
Re: The Berrics: PJ Ladd | Footnotes
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2016, 03:56:46 PM »
This thread is weird. This is the most PJ Ladd has ever spoken on camera and nobody is talking about it. He sounds too normal. It really undercuts the mystique thing we all agree that he's going for. That and too many people think his only part was WHL.

Besides web edits, park footage and games of skate what are we missing besides really sorry?

Eric ricks

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2016, 04:00:23 PM »
Whomever stated that PJ was/is like antwuan needs to catch a fade

shark tits

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2016, 04:05:56 PM »
He ain't 'going for' anything. Red sox & white shoes is mainstream as it gets. I blame the filmers & editors. Skaters don't make their own parts & he obviously skates.
Don't nobody say nothing bad about pj. Curse of bambino made it take forever for sox to win series but eventually we will be rewarded w/ 5 pj parts in 10 yrs if we wear our rally caps & have the curse lifted by a witch dr

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2016, 04:23:28 PM »
Expand Quote
This thread is weird. This is the most PJ Ladd has ever spoken on camera and nobody is talking about it. He sounds too normal. It really undercuts the mystique thing we all agree that he's going for. That and too many people think his only part was WHL.
[close]

Besides web edits, park footage and games of skate what are we missing besides really sorry?

I always liked his welcome to DC part:

« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 07:14:55 PM by oyolar »

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2016, 05:27:10 PM »
That instagram clip proves it, Pj is one of the best all time, but want to stay on underground!

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2016, 05:41:44 PM »
If it was BA or another slap favorite, people would just want to see him skate. But for PJ it's a double standard. He has to put out the craziest footage or people say he 'peaked'. Like fuck off, he beat Shane Oneill SKATE to nothing, he is still pro, and still a millionaire.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2016, 05:43:51 PM »
He ain't 'going for' anything. Red sox & white shoes is mainstream as it gets. I blame the filmers & editors. Skaters don't make their own parts & he obviously skates.
Don't nobody say nothing bad about pj. Curse of bambino made it take forever for sox to win series but eventually we will be rewarded w/ 5 pj parts in 10 yrs if we wear our rally caps & have the curse lifted by a witch dr
My mysterious comment was a joke continuing on another post talking about his mysterious appeal. I understand this is the internet and that's hard to pick up on, but come on. No shit he's not trying to be mysterious. Only thing he's trying to do is stay relevant with the least amount of effort.
Expand Quote
[close]

That's it. I didn't say he's produced a ton of other shit. I said too many people think he only put out WHL as evidenced by the fact that multiple post in the tread have literally said WHL was the only part he had. By the way, Really Sorry was a major part that doesn't get the respect it deserves.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2016, 01:39:38 PM »
Expand Quote
"Hey, PJ, Look I know it's like not your thing really, but do you think you could film a couple clips for this? Not a part though wait come back! Where are you going! Hey!"

[close]
I know WHL is a legendary part, but how long can a dude coast by on 1 part.

FLIP VIDEO - SILENCE IS GOLDEN

YOURE OUTTA YOUR FUCKING MIND IF YOU THINK HE COASTED BY

AND YOU DEF NEED TO TAKE SOME OF THAT HIPSTER DICK OUTTA YOUR FUCKING MOUTH

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2016, 03:03:49 PM »
If it was BA or another slap favorite, people would just want to see him skate. But for PJ it's a double standard. He has to put out the craziest footage or people say he 'peaked'. Like fuck off, he beat Shane Oneill SKATE to nothing, he is still pro, and still a millionaire.
Everybody was so worried as to whether or not PJ Ladd is a millionaire. This is totally a thread full of "if he doesn't produce video parts, he'd better at least be a millionaire" because really, the most important thing about being a professional skateboarder is having a million dollars in the bank!
Out of curiousity, do you plan to vote Trump because "he's a billionaire!"

What's up with everybody saying Guy and Twuan have excuses? I never knew I could call out sick from work claiming that I was busy doing crack or drinking all day! I was under the impression in most fields disappearing for years on end while being on a drug binge is not considered a legitimate excuse.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2016, 04:27:27 PM »
pj is cool.
ok.ok.ok.

jomeara1

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2016, 04:28:06 PM »
It's actually been close to 14 years since his last video part. Really Sorry was released in 2003.

I forgot that he almost had a part in Especial before jumping ship and going to DC.  So he could've had a full part 9 years ago instead of 13.   Damn you PJ. >:(

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2016, 06:06:44 PM »

I agree, that's really the only thing of interest to me in this clip. Wonder if the dude stopped smoking weed/started getting laid, what accounts for it? Just wondering in passing...

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2016, 07:46:58 PM »

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2016, 02:52:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Everybody was so worried as to whether or not PJ Ladd is a millionaire. This is totally a thread full of "if he doesn't produce video parts, he'd better at least be a millionaire" because really, the most important thing about being a professional skateboarder is having a million dollars in the bank!
Out of curiousity, do you plan to vote Trump because "he's a billionaire!"

What's up with everybody saying Guy and Twuan have excuses? I never knew I could call out sick from work claiming that I was busy doing crack or drinking all day! I was under the impression in most fields disappearing for years on end while being on a drug binge is not considered a legitimate excuse.

No, I plan on writing in 'lizard people' because PJ, Hillary, and Trump are all one in the same.

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2016, 04:36:49 AM »
Somebody put this turd out of his misery

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2016, 07:02:04 AM »
His skating seems old, i've got no connection with it anymore. Great! he's just done the first tre/noseslide 270 heel out, blah blah blah.  couldn't care less.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2016, 09:43:18 AM »
Gotta say PJ is the last guy I would think about as a sneaker head.
The clip barely featured any insight on how he got on DC, how the shoe was made and so on.
Straight up NB# advertisement.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2016, 10:25:02 AM »
Somebody put this turd out of his misery

That might be the best idea in this thread. Lets kill him and then his sponsors would be forced to put out a new part, like a never forget Pj part. It seems so crazy that it might actually work

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2016, 06:30:23 PM »
Maybe if he fakes his own death we will all stop being so clingy?

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2016, 10:08:40 PM »
From what I can tell, PJ won't release a full part because it would confirm what everyone already knows...

That he peaked 10 years ago and lots of relatively unknown guys have caught up with and in many ways surpassed him in terms of technical ability. Why confirm everyone's suspicions with a real part when you can play the enigmatic, mysterious pro who can do mind bending shit, but decides not to.

Bullshit.

I'm pretty damn sure he knows still has it.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2016, 10:53:38 PM »
PJ is every bit as useless as Antwuan.

Both were unique and ahead of their time. Both had two(ish) 'legendary parts' before producing fuck all for over a decade. At least 'Twaun' had better excuses for falling off. From what I can tell, PJ won't release a full part because it would confirm what everyone already knows...

That he peaked 10 years ago and lots of relatively unknown guys have caught up with and in many ways surpassed him in terms of technical ability. Why confirm everyone's suspicions with a real part when you can play the enigmatic, mysterious pro who can do mind bending shit, but decides not to.

Bullshit.

This is far too harsh . Now Im not going to make excuses for his lack of footage . I think hes slacking big time    BUT

Dixon has fallen off every company he has been on thanks to slacking off , drugs , drink and being in prison . You cant compare that to PJ Ladd

While he is deff slacking on footage , he is not a drunk or drug addict and he is not beating up people , or threatening them with knives or in prison . And it seems Plan B and NB and the rest of his sponsors seem to think he is doing enough for them to valid them paying him and giving him products , While Dixon was kicked off all of his

PJ Ladd has been dropping small web stuff over the years on places like the berrics over the years aswell as that game of SKATE things

What if PJ came out with information that he is suffering from panic attacks and crippling social phobias  ? isnt that a valid excuse ? What if he is over the spotlight in a tom penny kind of way . Isnt that a valid excuse ?

I dont think most skaters care about who is peaking . Most skaters just want a new part from people . We dont need them to push the boundaries of skateboarding and invent new shit

I just want a new part from Rick Howard . I dont want him to invent new tricks , do handrails or do the leap of faith

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2016, 11:03:44 PM »
lol rick howard couldn't even do the leap of faith if he even tried plus it's been unskateable for years fuck you idiot

bluntstofakie

• Rep: -4
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2016, 05:17:17 AM »
Can't believe no one mentioned these "parts." Brick harbor was a massive failure, but at least they made these happen.

was that switch ollie in a turban at 1:18 ?.....trend watch

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2016, 09:30:51 AM »
I love those brick harbor vids.

I actually like stuff like that better than "parts" that are all overedited & coordinated to some song like a music video. So I'm totally cool with PJ's output over the years. I used to think he was "slacking" etc. but a previous PJ thread turned me on to the fact that he's actually got a fair amount of footage if you poke around youtube.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2016, 09:43:29 AM »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Scott Case

• Rep: -12
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2016, 10:16:40 AM »
You don't have to have your face covered with shitty tattoos to have a drug or alcohol problem.

There's help available PJ.

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2016, 12:54:45 PM »
Wow, I can see wanting some more footage of the guy but I had no idea people had such shitty attitudes about PJ.
There's probably a bunch of footage of him wearing DC's and Adidas that we're never going to see.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2016, 01:01:30 PM »
There's probably a bunch of footage of him that we're never going to see.
that right there is the real problem.

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2016, 01:12:39 PM »

My goodness. The catch on that Howard Flip.
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2016, 02:20:19 PM »

I always thought it was weird that they made this a separate part for this vid, I mean while the skating is sick, it's still only 40 seconds for fucks sake.