Author Topic: Bird poop at the spot  (Read 2402 times)

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Bird poop at the spot
« on: September 25, 2016, 05:37:40 AM »
Man, been gettin hit hard this summer/fall by this, between the geese, seagulls and pigeons, shits too much sometimes. Not sure what I prefer goose shit is less visible but less liquidy when you roll through it but looks fuckin gross either way, regular bird shit that splatter paints your board is the fucking worst, especially trying to wipe it off on a tree but you can't get that bit under your wheels. Anyone else get pissed off/grossed out by this?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 05:43:44 AM by perverted super otaku! »

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
Re: Bird poop at the spot
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 09:42:05 AM »
Birdman shit at the spot is a bummer.  ::)

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 09:50:08 AM »
Better bird poop than bum poop. 7/11 pizza, taka vodka, and actual garbage take their toll on the stomach.
you never know about pre-cum 

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 3
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 10:50:18 AM »
Better bird poop than bum poop. 7/11 pizza, taka vodka, and actual garbage take their toll on the stomach.

For real. This is a real concern for some SF spots.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 10:54:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this really puts things in perspective

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 11:26:06 AM »
There's a spot in Eugene called Goose Shit Hip. It's better in the months when the geese aren't migrating.

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 11:51:15 AM »
Seriously dude, don't fuck around with bird shit. That stuff is teeming with disease (esp. pigeons). In fact theres a potentially fatal brain infection you can get just from inhaling dried pigeon shit.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/61646.php
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 11:55:50 AM by chilllyboy »

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 11:53:37 AM »

I concur. My favorite red curb got a new dress. They powerwashed the ground and put a fresh coat of paint. I got to skate it one time! Not even a week later I go back and it's covered in tweeker/junkie poop and diarrhea. The stench of urine was overwhelming. Spot dusted. Why do all the good spots have to be in drug infested areas?

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 11:55:03 AM »
Seriously dude, don't fuck around with bird shit. That stuff is teeming with disease (esp. pigeons). In fact theres a potentially fatal brain infection you can get just from inhaling dried pigeon shit.
Well I definitely try to avoid touching it and wash my hands after skating, but it's kind of unavoidable, that's hectic though, when you roll through some splatter paint do you just ditch the set up?

yapple dapple

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 12:04:09 PM »
all safeways have those disinfectant wipes at the door. If bird doo doo gets on my board I use that. Human shit, everything but the trucks and bearings are in the trash. I won't even gift that shit.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 12:15:53 PM »
all safeways have those disinfectant wipes at the door. If bird doo doo gets on my board I use that. Human shit, everything but the trucks and bearings are in the trash. I won't even gift that shit.
haha oh man, that is a good idea actually. but... how do you get the bearings out of the wheels...? touch the poop wheel?

yapple dapple

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 12:19:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
haha oh man, that is a good idea actually. but... how do you get the bearings out of the wheels...? touch the poop wheel?
latex gloves, you can go in any restaurant and get them for free.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 12:21:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I concur. My favorite red curb got a new dress. They powerwashed the ground and put a fresh coat of paint. I got to skate it one time! Not even a week later I go back and it's covered in tweeker/junkie poop and diarrhea. The stench of urine was overwhelming. Spot dusted. Why do all the good spots have to be in drug infested areas?

That is a tall curb

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 01:21:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yo is this in Concord? At that sketchy shopping center? I skated that spot once back in the day haha

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 01:48:47 PM »
Kinda surprised you're not into it

swag nollies

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 02:02:58 PM »
Ill take bird poop over the kid that spits in the bowl.

yapple dapple

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 02:32:32 PM »
Kinda surprised you're not into it
Water sports yes, scat fuck no.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 06:51:28 AM »
Get tricks or staph trying.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 10:50:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In Oakland we get both. We are some mid-point of migration for a whole bunch of different birds and some of the public parks become literal mine fields some months. I am talking multiple turds per square foot.

And man, the homelessness issue is getting out of control here. It's really sad actually. Every space under every bridge is filled and a lot of public parks have become camps.

Edit: And about hobo turds, I have definitely skated my fair share of spots that have these sorts of landmines. I recently had one of my worst experiences with this.

We were skating some drained fountain that has become a homeless toilet and my friend wanted to do a line. We literally had to find a path between turds. Spot was worth it though (I know, we are crazy...).

There was a bucket in the middle of the fountain. When I was cleaning the spot I went to toss the bucket out. Only as I was throwing it did I realize it was a shit bucket. Should really be more careful. Oh skateboarding.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:02:49 AM by happenstance »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 12:44:23 PM »
When I was a kid we would eagerly wait for the geese to come back so they would shit all over this one ledge and it would finally slide. We'd all get toxoplasmosis but after a few weeks of rest we'd be mostly fine. Actually now that I think about it none of that's true.