Author Topic: Hard Luck Bearings  (Read 3753 times)

ZEBRA

Hard Luck Bearings
« on: August 28, 2016, 11:44:34 PM »
Has anyone tried them??

I know most people will say,"Just get Bone Swiss and save yourself money, time, etc." Blah, Blah, Blah...

I have some Super Reds that have been going strong for like 3+ years. They were actually hand-me-downs from a homie, too. Amazing bearings.

You ever just get that itch to try something new though?? Well, that's where I'm at right now. Same way some people feel about trying out new trucks or wheels, I'm feeling about bearings, for some weird reason...

So, anybody?? Who has tried them?? Which ones did you try??

Lonechicken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Re: Hard Luck Bearings
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 06:59:04 AM »
I have a set of Hard Times. I just needed something inexpensive to keep on a secondary set of wheels, so I don't have to keep swapping my Andale Swiss in and out of different wheels. They're fine. I'm of the mindset that there aren't magical "great" bearings out there, just some bad ones. The cheaper Hard Luck ones aren't bad.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 08:52:24 AM »
I have a set of Hard Times. I just needed something inexpensive to keep on a secondary set of wheels, so I don't have to keep swapping my Andale Swiss in and out of different wheels. They're fine. I'm of the mindset that there aren't magical "great" bearings out there, just some bad ones. The cheaper Hard Luck ones aren't bad.

Yeah the cheaper Hard Lucks are decent for sure. I've had the 6 ball and the Good Times with out any complaints. The shields on the 6 balls deteriorated around where the spin on the axle which was weird but they still worked fine. Also I'm using the Ceramics right now and I love them. Second best bearings I've ever owned behind Reflex ABS 9-balls....Those things smashed haha.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 09:46:54 AM »
I just needed something inexpensive to keep on a secondary set of wheels, so I don't have to keep swapping my Andale Swiss
Never broke a racer (rubber thing that holds the balls) until I had a pair of Andale ABEC 7s, I was at least a block behind pushing harder than the squad. Never again
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

JAesop

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 10:23:23 AM »
Had the Six and the Good Times on my last two set ups. Both were on par with or slightly better than Reds in my opinion. The Good Times are lasting longer but took a few days to loosen up. Trying Bronson's next.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 11:27:23 AM »
buys these bearings once

good come sausage

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 11:46:01 AM »
had (have) both the good times and the ceramics, really liked both (actually still have the ceramics). 9/10, would buy again.

ZEBRA

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 07:35:56 PM »
Thanks for feedback guys!!! Much appreciated. Definitely will be grabbing some the next time I switch my wheels out

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 07:53:17 AM »
I've had the Good Times for a couple weeks now and they're rolling exactly like Bones Swiss. They came double wrapped, which is good, but they were swimming in way too much lube so I had to dab 'em on some Kleenex. They also came with rubber shields on the retainer side which bugged me, so I've been rolling no shields for the first time. They're nice and loud and fast as fuck. I'd say besides Bones Swiss or Swiss 6's, Hard Luck's are the only other bearings you should be fuckin' with.

Main

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 01:29:03 PM »
hard luck has best fucking crew in skateboarding

Yeah, if you look at the roster it's definitely the heaviest and most diverse team in skateboarding.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 03:05:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, if you look at the roster it's definitely the heaviest and most diverse team in skateboarding.
And it's always nice when a gnarly team is backed up by a good product.

Avon

• Rep: -2
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 03:20:35 PM »
I never noticed the difference with all the $20-25 bearings. Bones Reds are always the safe bet but unless you drop the $40 on the bones swiss you probably won't tell much of a difference

Main

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 04:21:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
And it's always nice when a gnarly team is backed up by a good product.

Hell yeah, I honestly had no doubts that they would be good bearings. Jason Jesse knows what's up.

Main

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 09:55:14 AM »
My Good Times are still rolling good, nice and loud but I want to try the six balls. Anyone have some feedback they can provide on their performance and longevity? Thanks.

N.L.

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 12:14:29 PM »
the ceramics were a big let down for me. didn't last for shit. if i'm on a budget, its indy blacks or rockin rons. if i'm flush its bones 6 ball.