Author Topic: Skating in autumn/fall  (Read 17757 times)

fang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
Skating in autumn/fall
« on: September 06, 2016, 08:22:19 AM »
Ever since 1989, I realized that I love skating in the fall more than any other time of year.  Not having to sweat your ass off just being outside, optional pants/longsleeve/hoodie. The sound/feeling of skating through leaves. I told my wife that behind a good BJ, skating in fall is the best thing ever. I always have a new deck/shoes ready to go for the season change (except the 5 years I lived in nz, swear there's only 2 seasons there, summer and rain). It's the thing i appreciate more about skating than anything else. I soak up the skating in fall as much as i can. Ill sit on a bench and just enjoy every minute of it, when I'm getting tired . I also had a shitty thought, that now i am 40, wonder how many more i have. Anyway, i just got my new setup ready, waiting for it to cool off a bit, probably in 2 weeks or so. Here's to fall!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 08:27:24 AM by fang »

jomeara1

Re: Skating in autumn/fall
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 08:27:02 AM »
the best

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 683
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 10:15:00 AM »
optional pants
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

N.L.

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 06:48:48 PM »
"The season of mellow fruitfulness."

Everything is better in autumn. Skateboarding, surfing, beer, poetry...

From about now until the winter solstice is my favorite time of year and then its a dark pit of despair until mid May.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 08:23:25 PM »
I hear you Fang, and I agree. Also, late summer light and changing leaves make for nice footage.

Jordick

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 08:27:44 PM »
It's the best. The Summer is so fucking terrible to skate in, even at night.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 08:59:20 PM »
Over here fall is mostly wet, or at least damp and cold and dark and miserable. Summer is great and not too hot and there's light for a long time.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 04:17:41 AM »
Over here fall is mostly wet, or at least damp and cold and dark and miserable. Summer is great and not too hot and there's light for a long time.

Judging by your screen name you're also from Finland. I beg to differ here slightly; while you're right, it's wet and shit a lot of the time but on the other hand, those slightly cooler and sunny autumn days when the air is fresh and crispy are the best skate days of the year. My favorite at least. And you know the winter is coming soon so you enjoy every second to the fullest.

There aren't many of those days in a year but they are the best.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 04:46:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Judging by your screen name you're also from Finland. I beg to differ here slightly; while you're right, it's wet and shit a lot of the time but on the other hand, those slightly cooler and sunny autumn days when the air is fresh and crispy are the best skate days of the year. My favorite at least. And you know the winter is coming soon so you enjoy every second to the fullest.

There aren't many of those days in a year but they are the best.

I guess much of it depends on how you look at it.

I absolutely love the summer and it's really never too hot for me. I dislike cold weather, especially when it's shit useless cold, i.e. no snow. Even though some autumn days are nice I guess I view it more like a pessimist: shit weather and it's only gonna get worse  :(

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 115
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 08:22:39 AM »
super fan of skating in the fall, beautiful colours and you know the fucking winter comes after that so you skate harder/more.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 08:57:38 AM »
Definitely a big fan of fall. I like skating at night better too, and it gets darker later. I'll take skating in 40 degree (F) weather any day of the week over 80+.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 11:47:56 AM »
One of my favourite things in the world is skating through the park through all the leaves. I am a sweaty motherfucker so it will be nice being able to skate and not look like Greg Louganis crawling out of the deep end 10 minutes into it.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 934
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 01:36:16 PM »
Fall > All

swag nollies

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 08:55:11 PM »
Fall means jackets. Jackets mean fashion, fashion means skateboarding. I prefer grey skies and crisp air, sun be hurtin my eyes and I cant hang in the heat. Fuck summer.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 797
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 11:02:15 PM »
Can't wait, i hate sweating my ass off trying a trick. Also skating in shorts kinda sucks, but this summer is the first i have made myself get used to it. Everything is better about the fall, you can try tricks without passing out and actually have a good long session. 

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 11:39:03 PM »
super fan of skating in the fall, beautiful colours and you know the fucking winter comes after that so you skate harder/more.

Yup. Need to get the after-black hammers.

The air's so fresh in the fall as well.

But I didn't skate much this summer due to an injury and falling in love, so I'll miss it this time around.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 04:30:49 AM »
Fall means jackets. Jackets mean fashion, fashion means skateboarding.

Is that a quote from the Zoolander sequel?
But yeah, jacket weather is always a good thing. Personally, I just ditch them unless it's really cold or windy. It's so nice not to sweat buckets. The only thing I don't like about the fall is getting those cotton-like things from the trees on your axle. Fall and winter are the dry seasons in my area, so it's all good.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 10:20:01 AM »
Probably my favorite season to skate during out of all four.
Summer is way too hot over here. Winters aren't super cold here compared to other places but can still get pretty damn cold. Spring isn't bad either but it definitely leans more towards the hotter side rather than the colder side which I'd prefer. Fall is just perfect. I just dig the vibe of fall overall; i can't explain it but there's just this really good feeling I get inside skating during the fall time.

Nate

• Rep: 41
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 12:04:47 PM »
I love it so much. Any time I get nostalgic about the past skating in the fall is the first thing I think about. sweeping paths through leaves to skate a spot and being able to wear a hoody and beanie is the best. It always brings me back to making out with girls in middle school too. Must be cause all I did back then was skate the shitty little "park" we had. Ah, the days.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 09:53:55 AM »
been had flannels! great time to skate past your old high school and make doe eyes at the new freshman. they'll see the real hip sensitive bad boy skater in you and tell their dads to fuck off, put on all time low really loud, and mercilessly throw themselves at your feet for a good old fashioned reaming.

goddammit work is boring today.
good come sausage

shark tits

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2016, 10:06:48 AM »
I consider myself alternative & fall is the only season to comfortably skate in a cardigan aka the most alternative sweater. I live in new England so the foliage is real wicked pretty too. Think I'm into all the seasons as they change, nostalgia from childhood or some shit

Mongoloid

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2016, 07:28:18 AM »
The air always feels much lighter and crisp in the fall. The colors, being able to put on additional layer (jackets = style). Fall is without a doubt the best time of year to skate in New England.

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2016, 07:32:48 PM »
Fall means jackets. Jackets mean fashion, fashion means skateboarding. I prefer grey skies and crisp air, sun be hurtin my eyes and I cant hang in the heat. Fuck summer.

Hell yes. I can't wear my bitchin leather jacket in july!

Fall is also great because most of the punks are in school, the few that stay out don't put up much of a fight.

Howie

• Rep: 9
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2016, 09:22:51 AM »
I love skating in jackets, it just looks cool as fuck.

I hope they fix the lights at the park though, it gets dark really early here.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2016, 03:25:36 PM »
I consider myself alternative & fall is the only season to comfortably skate in a cardigan aka the most alternative sweater. I live in new England so the foliage is real wicked pretty too. Think I'm into all the seasons as they change, nostalgia from childhood or some shit

I need a cardigan. Thank you for helping me come to terms with it.

ratfink

• Rep: 5
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2016, 11:59:50 AM »
people need to start dropping fall edits. summer edits/montages are wack

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 01:10:48 PM »
29 years in New England and nothing beats skating in the autumn.
Can't wait for hoodies and crisp air...leaves are stating to change here a little already.

That being said, I do love a putrid humid summer day/night. Feels like im skating towards my death, but never so alive.
When I wax poetic in my mind over skating, I always envision hot hot summer days and crisp autumn evenings.

Skating rules.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2016, 08:17:14 PM »
Ever since 1989, I realized that I love skating in the fall more than any other time of year.  Not having to sweat your ass off just being outside, optional pants/longsleeve/hoodie. The sound/feeling of skating through leaves. I told my wife that behind a good BJ, skating in fall is the best thing ever. I always have a new deck/shoes ready to go for the season change (except the 5 years I lived in nz, swear there's only 2 seasons there, summer and rain). It's the thing i appreciate more about skating than anything else. I soak up the skating in fall as much as i can. Ill sit on a bench and just enjoy every minute of it, when I'm getting tired . I also had a shitty thought, that now i am 40, wonder how many more i have. Anyway, i just got my new setup ready, waiting for it to cool off a bit, probably in 2 weeks or so. Here's to fall!

Every single word of this post. Skating in a New England fall...NOTHING beats it.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2016, 08:20:03 PM »
A fall tailblock from Saturday!

IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

BMCsteve

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 06:22:06 AM »
Couldn't agree more.  I grew up in Detroit and that first slightly chilly day where you could throw on a hoodie and roll out of the house skating across leaves was the best.  I can't complain about the weather in CA but fall will always be the best