Author Topic: Skating in autumn/fall  (Read 17758 times)

JAesop

Re: Skating in autumn/fall
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2016, 06:42:44 AM »
A fall tailblock from Saturday!

Great pic, made my day

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2016, 01:39:52 PM »
Power slides through piles of leaves might be one of the most satisfying feelings ever.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2016, 03:02:34 PM »
alright, it's officially too fucking cold here. The skating in a hoodie nostalgia has given way to not being able to keep my hands warm while wearing gloves. Enjoy yourselves my southern friends...

shark tits

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2016, 05:41:45 PM »
alright, it's officially too fucking cold here. The skating in a hoodie nostalgia has given way to not being able to keep my hands warm while wearing gloves. Enjoy yourselves my southern friends...

i check my bees every day. if they're coming and going i can go skate at night. if they're in a cluster, it's too cold for me. gonna start jogging to get through 90 or so days of sub-zero and no local indoor park anymore.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2016, 02:26:04 PM »
It is currently like 80 degrees in the sun in the middle of november in Colorado. Damn global warming is ruining my favorite season for skating*

*I actually can't skate rn due to an injury, but I still want it to be chillier

Mongoloid

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2016, 07:17:45 PM »

Yo! Is that Hudson park? That place is a lot of fun, but difficult to drink beers at.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2016, 02:21:36 PM »
How badass does it feel when you pop your trick and your hoodie is down. But you land with it on. Usually on 180 or 360 tricks. That's not happening in summer.

shark tits

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2016, 02:50:00 PM »
How badass does it feel when you pop your trick and your hoodie is down. But you land with it on. Usually on 180 or 360 tricks. That's not happening in summer.
haha, someone should make one of those 'thug life' videos of that.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2017, 01:09:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yo! Is that Hudson park? That place is a lot of fun, but difficult to drink beers at.
It is.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1025
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2019, 07:29:23 AM »
Night time curb session with the leaves blowing, got the hoodie and a hat on. Sweat from trying the same trick over and over. The best.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2020, 09:12:16 AM »
Hasn't started JUST yet here, but I'm ready. Hoodie time. Crushing leaves with wheels.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2020, 09:27:42 AM »
When I lived on the east coast every fall I would powerslide thru leaves, thinkin it'd look sick, and every year slip out. East coast fall is the best skate scene, or anywhere that gets a proper autumn.
Whoa. Danger.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2020, 09:47:46 AM »
Nothing beats Fall, at all. Everything about it is the best.

I live in Southern California, not exactly renowened for its seasons (and currently in a heat wave) but I live in a really old area (by our standards, my house is 110) and we've got old, big trees dropping leaves everywhere. Not to mention Halloween is the best. Put on a hoodie and go rip some curbs listening to the Misfits at 9pm.
ok thanks

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2020, 12:27:46 PM »
yeah enjoying this fall weather immensely . Last october was our snowiest one on record (60" just in the month) we could use some serious precipitation for the fires going on currently but I can't deny it hasn't been perfect skate weather especially when its 6pm and the sun is going down.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2021, 09:13:45 AM »
Its coming! Looks like I've got another week of hot bullshit but then it drops down. Bring on the long sleeves and hoodies!
I'm sure everyone kind of has their thing(s) that get them hyped on skating, but for me.. fall weather is the number 1 thing.
I admit a lot of it for me is trying to recapture falls of the past. Specifially:
Fall 1990, I was all about H-Street and Hokus Pokus
Fall 1992, Plan B Questionable.
Sooo... that said, pretty soon here, I'll be watching these 2 (and Virtual Reality) and skating like the dickens!

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2021, 10:18:12 AM »
Autumn sucks balls in Sweden, all we get is rain, wind and less sunlight.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1338
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2021, 12:32:35 PM »
I grew up in New England, so autumn always meant months of snow and salt on the roads were only a short ways away but when I lived in North Carolina, there was a sidewalk lined with trees that had really waxy feeling leaves. That autumn, since I was bumming around and had nothing else to do, I'd sit in the library to write and then go bomb through the sidewalk full of waxy, yellow leaves. Powerslides through those leaves were pretty different than in crinkled hardwood leaves. I love watching them kickup behind when I'm skating through. kinda sucks getting pieces stuck to grip though
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 12:48:25 PM by IusedToSkateMore »
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

disclosed

• Rep: 166
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2021, 12:38:24 PM »
Autumn sucks balls in Sweden, all we get is rain, wind and less sunlight.
same in the Netherlands. it rains 4 out of 5 days, when its not raining everything stays wet. so windy you cant even skate normally. gets dark earlier every day till theres no way to ever skate after work anymore.
it's the worst time of the year.
dont know of you others just have better Autumns or of they're just crazy.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2021, 12:45:00 PM »
In Switzerland it can be pretty decent weather in Autumn. Last year I skated in a t-shirt a lot until mid-December. But it can also snow as early as late October and November can be wet and rainy throughout. Still better than Winter I guess. Skating at below freezing is not my preferred temperature. Plus even if you get a sunny day you have to wait until the ground is dry and hope it will be the case before the sun sets again around 4pm. Or find a sheltered spot.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Ayanami

• Rep: 54
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2021, 01:04:30 AM »
Nothing better than going out to skate in a sweatshirt and taking it off in chilly weather after skating for a while.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2021, 04:42:18 AM »
My favourite time of year to skate as long as it stays dry (bit of a gamble here in the UK).

dofrenzy

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2021, 05:57:48 AM »
Woke up to about 48F (9C) this morning here in SE Massachusetts.  Stoked to work on my tail stall today while listening to “Autumn Leaves” arranged for guitar and performed by Yenne Lee, then the same piece performed by Cannonball Adderly.

It’s a nice piece of music that someone added lyrics to, and the lyrics can be a bit sad.  Find a nice instrumental version instead of lyrics, ponder life via skateboarding, and get some.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1247
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2021, 08:22:20 AM »
I always think about the Rick McCrank “check up” thing in 411 44 where he does the line with the 360 flip and then does a little power slide through some leaves on his way to a handrail.

I forget what he did on the handrail but that 360 flip and powerslide tattooed themselves onto my brain.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2021, 08:43:23 AM »
I've skated the high school in my town since 1986. There's a long sidewalk that goes to both ends of the school (north and south). Skating fullspeed down the sidewalk through leaves when the sun is going down, is the best feeling ever to me. Can't wait

Fhk

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2021, 09:19:44 AM »
https://youtube.com/shorts/gS-DpSB0xG0?feature=share
48 degrees with wet leaves in the mountains this morning. Planned on something cool in the leaves, but I'm old and hurt so you just get some wavy tube guy arms.