Author Topic: RUSTY BERRINGS SKATE PARK - REOPENING Saturday September 24  (Read 1126 times)

Buddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 195
RUSTY BERRINGS SKATE PARK - REOPENING Saturday September 24
« on: September 18, 2016, 10:40:05 AM »
Please join us for the reopening of the Rusty Berrings Skatepark in Memory of Tyler S Kirschner. Free Pizza , Music and lots of skateboarding.

Saturday September 24 from 2pm - 5pm - Riverside Community Park - Lebanon, NH

https://www.facebook.com/events/1771715856421218/

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: RUSTY BERRINGS SKATE PARK - REOPENING Saturday September 24
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 11:40:38 AM »
So good, park looks great.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 08:00:14 PM »
Congrats Buddy. Looks fun.

shark tits

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 08:10:09 PM »
No promises buddy cause I'm not 100 & try to never renege on my word but I've got a jar of honey for yuz that would arrive safe for sure if I hand deliver.
I 2nd what soda jerk said, I'm into small stairs/contest rails & such.

Buddy

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 11:01:47 AM »
Re-Opening of the Rusty Berrings Skatepark in West Lebanon
Saturday, September 24, 2016
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Riverside Community Park
Glen Road
West Lebanon, NH
Directions

Price: Free
Enjoy the re-opening with free pizza, music and skateboarding and BMX biking, in memory of Tyler S. Kirschner.

Tyler Stillman Kirschner, 28, passed away on November 6, 2015. He maintained a love of life through music, skateboarding, and his amazing propensity for creativity, which included jewelry making, painting, woodworking, playing music, and making skateboards.

Contact Info
Rick Desharnais
Lebanon Recreation and Parks Department
[email protected]
603-448-5121
More Info
Re-Opening of the Rusty Berrings Skatepark in West Lebanon, NH

Buddy

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 07:59:23 AM »
Lebanon, NH ? If only Tyler Kirschner (Rusty Berrings)  had lived to see this: Hundreds of friends and strangers, ranging from toddlers wobbling on tiny bicycles to scruffy men hurtling by on skateboards, all there Saturday afternoon in service of a dream that Kirschner himself started with a ragtag group of high school friends and skateboarding enthusiasts last year.

The event marked the reopening of the skatepark at Riverside Park on Glen Road under its new name, Rusty Berrings Skatepark , in honor of the skateboarding nickname of Kirschner, who suffered from mental illness and died last November at the age of 28.

It was a picture-perfect September afternoon, just a couple of dead leaves drifting onto a long ramp leading into a pit studded with sloped concrete structures, atop which skateboarders might pause for a moment or two to chat before attempting their next trick.

Kirschner?s father, Buddy Kirschner, and his older brother, Seth Kirschner, were standing next to the large speakers flanking a pair of folding tables where visitors could pick up a slice of pizza, a bottle of water, or a large sticker in the shape of a skateboard wheel that directed readers to remember Rusty Berrings on his Facebook page.

Less than half of the skatepark has been renovated with the new concrete structures, at a cost of $75,000 that has been raised by Kirschner?s family since his death. They?re trying to raise $200,000 more to replace the rest of the park?s features, which are made of rusting metal and weathered wood..... for the full article.. use this link - http://www.vnews.com/Lebanon-opens-Rusty-Berrings-Park-4963371

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 10:33:21 AM »
just posted in your other thread, just wanted to say how great this is.

shark tits

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 12:40:06 PM »
Glad you had nice weather & turnout, buddy. Sorry I couldn't finagle a ride but I'll be up next yr after the thaw.

Buddy

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 09:19:08 AM »
Thanks to Rusty's ol homey Jon Hough who hosted last weekend's shred at the grand opening of The Rusty Berrings Skatepark -

Check out this video !

https://www.facebook.com/rusty.berrings.3/posts/260534424343838