Author Topic: How to wallie a Jersey barrier?  (Read 3338 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
How to wallie a Jersey barrier?
« on: September 30, 2016, 12:54:45 PM »
It's been a dream of mine for over a decade.

I can wallie small, steep objects, but I'm just wondering what I have to do to get over a barrier - how fast should I go, foot placement, anything else. I've tried many times and can barely get the front truck over the edge.

Even though it's not a Jersey barrier, the closest I've come to doing a wallie over one was this, and I was hauling ass:
https://www.instagram.com/p/_Np_V5pT7a/?taken-by=idontknowadamabbas

There's not a lot of wallie options where I live, either. So I can't practice that much. But any tips/advice would help greatly.

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: How to wallie a Jersey barrier?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 01:32:58 PM »
quick crete the bottom and go really fast

shark tits

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 02:23:09 PM »
You meat say the magic words to the wallie fairy 'zoom wallie wallie wallie zoom wallie wallie, zoom wallie wallie wallie love everybody'
Then move to a town w/ walls. The more walls the better. Philly is a great place to learn for it houses alot of walls. A lot of fucking shit.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 02:58:08 PM »

That might be the worst post i've seen from you

All i have to add is make sure you can at least jump over it. Can't tell you how many times i've seen people's heels get caught and flip over.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 05:52:48 PM »

Well, I want to do it on a natural barrier, but I'll think about the quikrete.

You meat say the magic words to the wallie fairy 'zoom wallie wallie wallie zoom wallie wallie, zoom wallie wallie wallie love everybody'
Then move to a town w/ walls. The more walls the better. Philly is a great place to learn for it houses alot of walls. A lot of fucking shit.

I don't believe you. I heard that Philly has no walls and everyone's outside drinking tea all the time. Know who told me that? Sabu.

All i have to add is make sure you can at least jump over it. Can't tell you how many times i've seen people's heels get caught and flip over.

That's a good tip, thanks. I'm sure I could jump over one. I know I couldn't ollie one. Someone told me you don't have to ollie something to be able to wallie it, so I mean I have no excuses.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 06:26:17 PM »
I have wallied a jersey barrier before. When you get to the top you really have to suck your knees in to your chest. Pinch your knees together while keeping your feet over your bolts, like an exaggerated  version of this:

and get as small as possible

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 07:02:42 PM »
I have wallied a jersey barrier before. When you get to the top you really have to suck your knees in to your chest. Pinch your knees together while keeping your feet over your bolts, like an exaggerated  version of this:

and get as small as possible

Awesome, thank you.

shark tits

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 08:01:54 PM »
You're right adam, I was pulling the wool, playing the fool. I'm not really the guy to ask but....
Don't try to pump the tranny. My mistake has always been trying to get the most out of a jersey's rampy radness that allows wallrides from scrubs, the kind of skaters who can't get no love from TLC would allow my rocky Dennis ass to launch the other way.
You'd be wrong, son.
Trick is to get over the wall by any means necessary. Doesn't mean ollie & bonk your wh?els off the top but don't try to touch all that wall.
& don't go so slow as to ride down the tranny on the other side. As rad as that is, it's really hard to ride away. 

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 08:56:27 PM »
You're right adam, I was pulling the wool, playing the fool. I'm not really the guy to ask but....
Don't try to pump the tranny. My mistake has always been trying to get the most out of a jersey's rampy radness that allows wallrides from scrubs, the kind of skaters who can't get no love from TLC would allow my rocky Dennis ass to launch the other way.
You'd be wrong, son.
Trick is to get over the wall by any means necessary. Doesn't mean ollie & bonk your wh?els off the top but don't try to touch all that wall.
& don't go so slow as to ride down the tranny on the other side. As rad as that is, it's really hard to ride away. 

Great tips, thank you shark tits!

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 09:05:52 PM »
Front foot on the bolts, back foot on the flat of the tail. There's a little lift to be done just to get your board up into the barrier, but you shouldn't be aiming for a half assed ollie kind of wallie. You basically just jump vertically, suck your damn knees up a-la shit for brains' method, and let the board follow your feet. There's a bit of a lean back as well, so your board can travel up the barrier, and your weight should shift naturally from tucking and hitting the barrier. I've clipped my feet plenty of times forgetting how tall they really are, so really jump.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 09:13:42 PM »
Front foot on the bolts, back foot on the flat of the tail. There's a little lift to be done just to get your board up into the barrier, but you shouldn't be aiming for a half assed ollie kind of wallie. You basically just jump vertically, suck your damn knees up a-la shit for brains' method, and let the board follow your feet. There's a bit of a lean back as well, so your board can travel up the barrier, and your weight should shift naturally from tucking and hitting the barrier. I've clipped my feet plenty of times forgetting how tall they really are, so really jump.

I had no idea where to put my feet, really appreciate all the info! I'll probably clip more than a few times.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 11:13:57 PM »
I don't think tracers idea is a bad one....find one that's been done up first....get it...then find one that's not......

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 08:34:12 AM »
I don't think tracers idea is a bad one....find one that's been done up first....get it...then find one that's not......

That's what I'm thinking, for practice. Only fools rush in.