Author Topic: Nollie and switch flips....  (Read 2039 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Nollie and switch flips....
« on: November 30, 2016, 12:31:59 PM »
Is my goal for 2017....any pointers?  I have no idea how to flick with my back foot....

Grind King Rims

Re: Nollie and switch flips....
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 12:49:02 PM »
I also have no idea how to do them, but Austyn has a really good nollie frontside flip in his last WKND part and his foot position looked really solid. The rare times when I get close, I try to kick my flicking foot far off the tail even after the flick, if that makes sense. Why am I giving advice if I can't do them? Food for thought I guess. Posting for advice.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 12:55:26 PM »
I just saw a clip of you doing back 180 fakie back smith to regular  ??? ??? ???

I don't believe you
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 02:26:08 PM »
im gonna try a theory i have today, which pretty much consists of doing a switch flip, landing on the board upside down, and keep doing that until the flick has that power and finesse to get it every try easier, then after that just go for it and pop and pray, so that might work out i dont know yet.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 02:45:17 PM »
Is my goal for 2017....any pointers?  I have no idea how to flick with my back foot....

I'll join you. I can do most of the basic grinds switch somehow and generally feel comfortable skating switch. But flip tricks just don't work. I can switch flip if somebody has a gun to my head, but they are pitiful. I just feel weird as soon as my foot isn't planted firmly on the board, and is in switch kickflip position.

It's been a source of extreme self consciousness since i was like 14. When I was young, I always thought. Even if I get really good at everything else and start getting noticed, eventually it's going to surface that I can't switch flip and I'll lose everything.

But I mean, I don't think Lance Mountain can switch flip... maybe he can. That'd be sick.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 05:10:53 PM »
The Ben Harper switch three flip got me thinking.....I got back switch heels and can do the odd nollie heel but yah, my back foot don't flick....

When I do it....I anticipate it being very juvenile....

With nollie flips the set up feels sick....foot all cocked....pop...and I realize I have no idea how to flip it....

I got that weird Powell board even....fully committed.....

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 10:00:48 AM »
I learned em from this trick tip

I stand exactly or almost the same on my board.

Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.