Author Topic: I Can't 360 Flip  (Read 15884 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: I Can't 360 Flip
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2016, 02:27:29 PM »
Expand Quote
How's that "it's all the back foot I swear" going for all you guys who can't do them but continue to bang your head against the wall because it isn't all in the back foot and that's why you can't do them?
[close]

My last couple sessions I've thought about this and have actually been landing 360 flips better, so thanks!

My man.

Everyone says to look at Kalis for the importance of the back foot, but if you can't land them look at Bobby Worrest for the importance of the front foot. If it's too low on your board it'll spin out and away from you. Up high but not pointed and it won't flip all the way.

Bobby. Worrest. His switch one off the curb in his latest part is a prime example.

Eric ricks

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2016, 06:54:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How's that "it's all the back foot I swear" going for all you guys who can't do them but continue to bang your head against the wall because it isn't all in the back foot and that's why you can't do them?
[close]

My last couple sessions I've thought about this and have actually been landing 360 flips better, so thanks!
[close]

My man.

Everyone says to look at Kalis for the importance of the back foot, but if you can't land them look at Bobby Worrest for the importance of the front foot. If it's too low on your board it'll spin out and away from you. Up high but not pointed and it won't flip all the way.

Bobby. Worrest. His switch one off the curb in his latest part is a prime example.

I hear ya!

But kalis is NOT all in the backfoot(even though he says it is) its clearly not.

When your back foot is in the pocket you dont even flick the front foot. It almost flips naturally.

He clearly flicks hard and sweeps hard.

Worrest is a great example, as is jovantae, and jeremy wray

Look at wade desarmo, hes uses the "backfoot scoop" method. Still looks good on him but not on most others

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2016, 08:03:56 PM »
Getting a good scoop in that pocket of your board is obviously super important, but if you don't get a good kick forward it won't be guided to stay under you. When I was just focusing on the scoop it would always spin a perfect tre but in front of me instead of under.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2016, 08:15:27 PM »
here's your golden ticket:

loose trucks [/b]

foureyedjim

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 03:56:09 PM »
Got a good tip at the park today:  Point your back toes perpendicular to your board.  Immediately landed 3 of em. 

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2016, 07:51:21 PM »
Got a good tip at the park today:  Point your back toes perpendicular to your board.  Immediately landed 3 of em. 
still haven't landed one but that tip really helped. Kinda weird to figure out with a square tail but once you do it feels a lot better

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2016, 08:26:47 PM »
i can