Author Topic: The Bunt Podcast Thread  (Read 97150 times)

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Bunt Podcast Thread (this week w/ Gilbert Crockett)
« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2017, 09:45:21 AM »
Last two episodes have been weak, looked forward to 'em because I grew up on Sorry and Really Sorry and Gilbert is one of my favorites as well, but they definitely kept it a little too safe.

The Bunters on the other hand, I love that they're speaking their mind. Regardless of if you share the same sentiments, there needs to be more "locker room talk" in skateboarding media.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

cherry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #211 on: March 06, 2017, 11:40:49 AM »
I forgot to skip the first 10 minutes like usual and got caught up in them beating off about the transworld video. Pretty harsh on the skaters considering they probably had no input into the editing. Maybe next week they can talk shit about takahiro morita or anyone else that doesn't switch tre flip stair sets.....

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #212 on: March 06, 2017, 11:44:05 AM »
I forgot to skip the first 10 minutes like usual and got caught up in them beating off about the transworld video. Pretty harsh on the skaters considering they probably had no input into the editing. Maybe next week they can talk shit about takahiro morita or anyone else that doesn't switch tre flip stair sets.....
So wait, you aren't allowed to make fun of the Magenta aesthetic? The dude's ender was a double powerslide to switch heel on flat. These guys aren't stair counters, and they mostly made fun of the editing and filming outside of Leo Valls.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:51:34 PM by DannyDee »

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #213 on: March 06, 2017, 01:47:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
So wait, you aren't allowed to make fun of the Magenta aesthetic? The dude's ender was a double powerslide to switch heel on flat. These guys aren't stair counters, and they mostly made fun of the editing and filming outside of Leo Vallis.

They should do a Leo valls episode. 

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
Re: The Bunt Podcast Thread (this week w/ Chima Ferguson)
« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2017, 12:28:03 PM »
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:11:45 PM by Sold Out »

Statebird

• Rep: 46

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 425
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2017, 02:44:09 PM »

people gonna go crazy after this one, lots of shit talk

Not as much shit talking as I hoped for, but still quite enjoyable. Chima seems like a rad dude. I will say, I hate Nyjah as much as the next dude, but casually throwing around rape allegations is kinda wack. If there's a video of it, I'd sure hope people would have somehow turned that in, which makes it pretty unbelievable to me. It's probably a video of him and David Loy touching wieners together or something.

Irvine-Sucks.com

micky682

« Reply #217 on: March 08, 2017, 04:02:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not as much shit talking as I hoped for, but still quite enjoyable. Chima seems like a rad dude. I will say, I hate Nyjah as much as the next dude, but casually throwing around rape allegations is kinda wack. If there's a video of it, I'd sure hope people would have somehow turned that in, which makes it pretty unbelievable to me. It's probably a video of him and David Loy touching wieners together or something.
Wasn't there a thread on SLAP about it?

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #218 on: March 08, 2017, 10:41:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not as much shit talking as I hoped for, but still quite enjoyable. Chima seems like a rad dude. I will say, I hate Nyjah as much as the nextdude, but casually throwing around rape allegations is kinda wack. If there's a video of it, I'd sure hope people would have somehow turned that in, which makes it pretty unbelievable to me. It's probably a video of him and David Loy touching wieners together or something.

They really shoulda cut that. Not cool to be spreading fucked up rumours like that. Good gossip is fun as shit but rape? Nah.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2017, 01:21:36 AM »
3 vans pros back to back on the show just bodied me
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #220 on: March 09, 2017, 02:06:58 AM »
I listen to the Bunt, But their biggest Bunt is.... having on Non Canadian Guest.
They kill it with the Hockey Blokes thou
Do You even Street Style ???

Gino Pappalardo

• Rep: -4
« Reply #221 on: March 09, 2017, 02:24:31 AM »
I guess now you will all have to decide whether you're more outraged by Chase Gabor butt-fucking a kid with a screwdriver or Nyjah Huston, Nike SB poster boy and US olympic gold medal contender, gang raping a chick on film.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #222 on: March 09, 2017, 03:59:23 AM »
Massive fan of The Bunt and Chima and it didn't dissapoint! You guys bitching about the Nyjah thing need to grow a pair, seriously.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1225
« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2017, 05:34:02 AM »
I thought bobby d also was involved in a tyshawn slapup...
Now heapschat.com wont load for me...the plot thickens

also jake duncocaine

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2017, 08:20:24 AM »
Chima went in. I like that he gave no fucks, typical Aussie pull no punches attitude. Let's all be honest and say we have all heard the Nyjah allegations before. Wasn't it Chase Webb going in for sloppy seconds and David Loy boxing the clown in the corner?

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #225 on: March 09, 2017, 08:36:12 AM »
I like this podcast and all but the way these fuckers talk drives me nuts sometimes.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
« Reply #226 on: March 09, 2017, 09:32:45 AM »
The Chima episode was great! He's spot on with Numbers  ;D Horrible art direction/image.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: March 09, 2017, 09:45:46 AM »
Massive fan of The Bunt and Chima and it didn't dissapoint! You guys bitching about the Nyjah thing need to grow a pair, seriously.

Yea, cause being a man and laughing off rape is the cool thing to do.

The difference with Chase is the words came out of his mouth on video. With Nyjah, they're rumors.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #228 on: March 09, 2017, 09:54:56 AM »
I don't really follow the Bunt aside from listening to their podcast but this episode showed that I was getting the two guys voices mixed up. I thought the white guy was saying all that "blaaad" and "niggie" stuff when it was the Chima looking guy.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #229 on: March 09, 2017, 12:19:09 PM »
There was a slap page on the Nyjah stuff a while back, don't think the allegations were rape as is forcing a girl to have sex with them, it was statutory rape. Still very serious and fucked up allegations, but different than what people have been talking about. I think it was dealt with out of court (if any of the stuff on previous Slap thread was correct, which it could all be total fiction).

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #230 on: March 09, 2017, 12:54:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The difference with Chase is the words came out of his mouth on video. With Nyjah, they're rumors.

It's not like he was calling it out as if he's guilty, he said he had heard it from multiple people... So because he mentioned a story about someone that he was asked about it's "laughing off rape"? Cool your jets.

Maybe interviws with questions like "so who was your first sponsor" bla bla bla are more your style? And Chima was spot on regarding Numbers, that shit is the worst.

I thought he was of Volcom for the head to toe Vans thing?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 12:56:35 PM by Suit Up! »

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: March 09, 2017, 01:51:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It's not like he was calling it out as if he's guilty, he said he had heard it from multiple people... So because he mentioned a story about someone that he was asked about it's "laughing off rape"? Cool your jets.

Maybe interviws with questions like "so who was your first sponsor" bla bla bla are more your style? And Chima was spot on regarding Numbers, that shit is the worst.

I thought he was of Volcom for the head to toe Vans thing?

Apparently you don't read or comprehend information too well, becasue if you actually read my initial post, I said I wish there had been even more shit talking, so no, I don't want "sponsor" questions.

And, once again, the fact that they're discussing a rumor about rape is lame in my opinion. Their responses to the rape seemed as if they totally bought into it if you listened to the podcast.

Irvine-Sucks.com

asakusa75

« Reply #232 on: March 09, 2017, 02:31:50 PM »
Anybody here know anything about legal issues? Does this come under defamation of character, and if so, how do you think an enormous company like Nike is going to react to accusations of the athlete they are priming for gold at the Olympics being  spread like this?
I am pretty sure Nike has a legal department over there in Portland.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 723
« Reply #233 on: March 09, 2017, 03:14:34 PM »
I don't get it. You guys want more shit-talking and shot-firing and the minute you get it you start talking about defamation of character and legal issues.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #234 on: March 09, 2017, 03:25:19 PM »
I don't get it. You guys want more shit-talking and shot-firing and the minute you get it you start talking about defamation of character and legal issues.

I don't why I keep responding to these, but there's a big difference (in my opinion) between making fun of someone for a hideous neck tat, which is an actual fact that indeed, he does have that atrocity permanently inked on his neck, and saying someone raped someone, which is about someone's character as a human, when it's only a rumor. I think there's a line that can be crossed in good fun shit talking. This isn't 'Nam, there are rules.

Irvine-Sucks.com

asakusa75

« Reply #235 on: March 09, 2017, 03:35:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't why I keep responding to these, but there's a big difference (in my opinion) between making fun of someone for a hideous neck tat, which is an actual fact that indeed, he does have that atrocity permanently inked on his neck, and saying someone raped someone, which is about someone's character as a human, when it's only a rumor. I think there's a line that can be crossed in good fun shit talking. This isn't 'Nam, there are rules.

I am all for shit talking...was just asking a question because I am out of my depth with that shit.
Pretty big difference between Hewitt smoking some weed and Number One Poster Boy being involved in a gang rape.....and if we know about this podcast, you can bet your arse somebody at Nike does too....
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:42:03 PM by asakusa75 »

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #236 on: March 09, 2017, 03:50:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Jesus fucking christ. You guys equate shit-talking with rape accusations? Were you conceived next to open propane tanks or something?

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #238 on: March 09, 2017, 06:39:50 PM »
Anybody here know anything about legal issues? Does this come under defamation of character, and if so, how do you think an enormous company like Nike is going to react to accusations of the athlete they are priming for gold at the Olympics being  spread like this?
I am pretty sure Nike has a legal department over there in Portland.

Libel and defamation get murky pretty quickly. Nyjah is technically a public figure, making it even trickier. He'd have to prove actual malice -- reckless disregard for the truth.

***Not a lawyer

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.