Author Topic: The Bunt Podcast Thread  (Read 97051 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
Re: The Bunt Podcast Thread (this week w/ Chima Ferguson)
« Reply #300 on: April 22, 2017, 07:10:42 AM »
Thought it was sort of funny how he calls out Nike after saying Cory Kennedy is his favorite teammate and has a shoe from them. Great interview, he was honest and upfront about most things. It was a bit different this time, usually, with established pros they sort of go through their history and where they started. For Elijah they basically went right from him getting sponsored by Foundation to him being turned pro after Pretty Sweet.

As for Clint Walker, he's pretty over the top and ridiculous, but I get why the Birdhouse guys take it so seriously, the guys on Toy Machine and Chocolate are basically the haves of the skateboard community with shoe deals and even pro-shoes on big companies, and Birdhouse guys are basically the have-nots with only Raybourn having a legit shoe deal. I'm sure Jaws makes good money off stuff. But, Clint, Clive and Mike Davis probably have to grind on the side, and splitting that 50k however they do it is probably a big deal.

Chima also went pretty hard in his interview. The guest I'd love to see them get is Dane Burman, he gives no fucks even when he isn't prompted in an interview.

I know board sponsors aren't really where the money is anymore, but I feel like Tony takes pretty good care of his riders.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #301 on: April 22, 2017, 08:50:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Thought it was sort of funny how he calls out Nike after saying Cory Kennedy is his favorite teammate and has a shoe from them. Great interview, he was honest and upfront about most things. It was a bit different this time, usually, with established pros they sort of go through their history and where they started. For Elijah they basically went right from him getting sponsored by Foundation to him being turned pro after Pretty Sweet.

As for Clint Walker, he's pretty over the top and ridiculous, but I get why the Birdhouse guys take it so seriously, the guys on Toy Machine and Chocolate are basically the haves of the skateboard community with shoe deals and even pro-shoes on big companies, and Birdhouse guys are basically the have-nots with only Raybourn having a legit shoe deal. I'm sure Jaws makes good money off stuff. But, Clint, Clive and Mike Davis probably have to grind on the side, and splitting that 50k however they do it is probably a big deal.

Chima also went pretty hard in his interview. The guest I'd love to see them get is Dane Burman, he gives no fucks even when he isn't prompted in an interview.
[close]

I know board sponsors aren't really where the money is anymore, but I feel like Tony takes pretty good care of his riders.

Wasn't there a recent interview with Clint recently where he was talking about being back home and working a regular job to make ends meet? I know Nick Merlino is an Uber driver...I'm sure they aren't alone though. Even though a big biz shoe co can suck, it's obvious why it's a desirable sponsor (other than a beverage or clothing sponsor)

Back on track though,this was my first time listening to the Bunt and it was pretty funny, can't wait for whoevers next

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #302 on: April 22, 2017, 09:42:04 PM »
Do people listen to that sports portion at the end? I like the podcast even though at times the host's lingo can get annoying .The one host constantly calling Appleyard Applebutters is usually the most cringe. But overall the content is good. They ask good questions and guest give great answers. Also the way the cut the interview with the instrumental is different.

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2017, 02:05:59 AM »
Made ya'll neegie's a new Soundcloud banner.

It's a Bunt Bunting Ting ya smell me? Heh

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image

shark tits

« Reply #306 on: April 26, 2017, 07:47:53 PM »
gallant rules!
gives credit where pine is due and also shouts out demall taylor. demall was one of the guys you'd see in financial every sunday in mid-late 90s boston. he wasn't stuck up either like lots of other people.
he kinda wasn't that advanced but one day i was ollieing a fire hydrant and he halfcab heeled it. i just feel like he was relatable on a ledge or whatever vs all the pros.
one time this dude broke into true east and demall caught him in boston and socked him up for devoe. i hope he still skates but heard he was a bouncer or something.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
Re: The Bunt Podcast Thread (this week w/ Ryan Gallant)
« Reply #307 on: April 27, 2017, 07:09:17 AM »
It's a bummer that Gallant's basically over pro skating. Seems pretty content with it though.

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #308 on: April 27, 2017, 09:41:01 AM »

Listen to this one, Pine.

Oh I already tune into every single one. This podcast is great. Having no filter, makes it awesome. Ryans a fucking G. I know most people don't like my skating and even if they do, they'd never admit it publicly. For him to do that is one of the most humble things a pro skater could do. Matter of fact I DMed him after I heard that and he had nothing but nice things to say back. I was already a fan of this dude but after hearing him in this interview (besides him mentioning me) I like him even more. I like how right after the comment about me, he goes into the trends in skateboarding that he hates which are basically all the things I hate as well. Haha.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #309 on: April 27, 2017, 04:43:54 PM »
ryan gallant on pcp confirmed

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #310 on: April 27, 2017, 06:45:28 PM »
So boring had to shut it off

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #311 on: April 27, 2017, 09:03:25 PM »
I'm just hyped that they read my email

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #312 on: April 27, 2017, 10:50:44 PM »

Oh I already tune into every single one. This podcast is great. Having no filter, makes it awesome. Ryans a fucking G. I know most people don't like my skating and even if they do, they'd never admit it publicly. For him to do that is one of the most humble things a pro skater could do. Matter of fact I DMed him after I heard that and he had nothing but nice things to say back. I was already a fan of this dude but after hearing him in this interview (besides him mentioning me) I like him even more. I like how right after the comment about me, he goes into the trends in skateboarding that he hates which are basically all the things I hate as well. Haha.
this post is good but it's too short. maybe make a 25 min vlog post on youtube about it? probably the most humble thing you'll ever do
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #313 on: April 27, 2017, 11:55:20 PM »
Crazy him and PJ dont hang anymore. They use to be a power duo. Good episode though.

Also it was my first time listening to Grant Paterson episode, he really fucking hates pops haha.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #314 on: April 28, 2017, 04:56:12 AM »
Great episode. Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but who exactly is pine?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #315 on: April 28, 2017, 06:30:29 AM »

Here Come The Lame Jets

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #316 on: April 28, 2017, 08:10:14 AM »
That's cool that gallant is down for pine.

Who is fuckin killing it lately if you follow his insta. Yeah his skating is different but he does what he does very well. If Ronnie Creager fuckin backs him, that's enough for me
Gentleman ninja warlock

Pine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #317 on: April 28, 2017, 10:16:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
this post is good but it's too short. maybe make a 25 min vlog post on youtube about it? probably the most humble thing you'll ever do

Are you upset about something?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #318 on: April 28, 2017, 10:29:07 AM »
I don't think he's upset I think he's just making fun of you.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #319 on: April 28, 2017, 10:33:12 AM »
Pine is just taking pointers from Malto on how to talk shit.

Pine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #320 on: April 28, 2017, 10:46:02 AM »
Pine is just taking pointers from Malto on how to talk shit.

Im not trying to talk shit. Just curious why there's a problem with me expressing how I think Ryan Gallant is a rad dude.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #321 on: April 28, 2017, 10:50:56 AM »
Like I said I think he was just making fun of you.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #322 on: April 29, 2017, 07:15:01 AM »
Ryan Gallant has a mean hardflip.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #323 on: May 01, 2017, 04:18:31 AM »
New Gallant Bangin' this morning. Last trick is fucked.

http://theberrics.com/bangin-ryan-gallant-2017/

goosey

• Rep: 4

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: The Bunt Podcast Thread (this week w/ Sammy Winter)
« Reply #325 on: May 03, 2017, 04:19:02 PM »
Good episode but goddamn boys... Doing sports talk 3 days late? Don't bother!

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
Re: The Bunt Podcast Thread (this week w/ Sammy Winter)
« Reply #326 on: May 03, 2017, 06:28:00 PM »
ting
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

bad joke

• Rep: 156

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #328 on: May 05, 2017, 12:42:28 PM »
Elijah is going to regret saying half that shit regardless if his injury troubles keep coming.

FUCK NIKE at the top of his lungs? Really? You ride for Vanity Fair... I get he hasn't skated in months but man stop hating! Clint is a great skater, I don't want to hang out with him either but shit.. Airing out him or anyone else isn't good for business.

are you ever going to hang it up? Hey I heard Braille and Pizza have started new blogs, you should head over there. Better yet I heard DrewsDays started a new message board, its a perfect fit for you, a match made in heaven. Take care of yourself Tracer, this is only bye for now, see you at dunbat.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #329 on: May 05, 2017, 12:45:20 PM »
I demand a Don x Cephas street part. Show us you still got it.

Show us Tracer anything? You cant even come up with a proper Thread on a message board, doubt a kickflip is close behind.