Author Topic: The Bunt Podcast Thread  (Read 97042 times)

essal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
Re: The Bunt Podcast Thread (this week w/ Chima Ferguson)
« Reply #270 on: April 03, 2017, 11:32:56 PM »
did anyone catch the live cast?

and where the fuck is the recording?

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #271 on: April 04, 2017, 12:59:26 AM »
^ thanks for bringing up the topic. I have uninstalled instagram from my phone just because it's such a time waster.

Did Da Ghost fuck up or landed bolts on the entry switch 360 flip?

Did Elijah fire any shots?

guest1234

• Rep: 3
« Reply #272 on: April 06, 2017, 07:55:45 AM »
Cepha came in hot, but unfortunately landed bolts on his back.  Still pretty funny seeing it and he had fun with it.  Elijah was pretty good, it started a little shaky, I think the show being live may have had something to do with that.  A few beers later and it was crackin.  Of course they talked about the Birdhouse/Chocolate beef and he called out Clint Walker, it pretty good.  Called out Nike.  Overall it was pretty entertaining, especially live.

https://gfycat.com/ThankfulDapperGreendarnerdragonfly
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 08:16:30 AM by guest1234 »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #273 on: April 06, 2017, 08:19:54 AM »
Watched it as well, remember someone suggesting that Tiago should've won SOTY and Berle responded, "Maybe in the 90s." He gave props to Tiago though. He really supports his teammates getting SOTY.

He also said the worst trick is hardflips, which was surprising.

Cephas also mentioned his distaste of popping out of 50-50s early, which is a valid claim.

There's other funny stuff, I won't reveal the whole podcast.

guest1234

• Rep: 3
« Reply #274 on: April 06, 2017, 09:04:30 AM »
I haven't listened to the pod, but the one thing that sucked being there was that there were mad people just hanging out and being loud as hell.   At one point Donovan had enough and told them all to keep it down, it was pretty funny. 

Statebird

• Rep: 46
« Reply #275 on: April 06, 2017, 09:26:28 AM »
this getting posted or just a live only ting?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #276 on: April 06, 2017, 02:56:00 PM »
Pretty late to this, but I just started listening and this is probably my favorite skate podcast right now.

one80

• Rep: 14
« Reply #277 on: April 06, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »
this getting posted or just a live only ting?

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #278 on: April 19, 2017, 03:02:47 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/thebuntlive/the-bunt-s04-episode-01-ft-elijah-berle-clint-is-the-captain-kook-of-their-team

Elijah's live pod... some serious shit talk in this one and amazing stories. One of the best US pro bunt interviews.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:31:33 PM by Sold Out »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #279 on: April 19, 2017, 05:51:01 PM »
Link not working for anyone else?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #280 on: April 19, 2017, 05:53:21 PM »
I listened to it earlier. Elijah came in hot. Barn burner through and through.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #281 on: April 19, 2017, 06:15:07 PM »
Elijah is going to regret saying half that shit regardless if his injury troubles keep coming.

FUCK NIKE at the top of his lungs? Really? You ride for Vanity Fair... I get he hasn't skated in months but man stop hating! Clint is a great skater, I don't want to hang out with him either but shit.. Airing out him or anyone else isn't good for business.

stayfalse

• Rep: 5
« Reply #282 on: April 19, 2017, 06:41:10 PM »
Elijah is going to regret saying half that shit regardless if his injury troubles keep coming.

FUCK NIKE at the top of his lungs? Really? You ride for Vanity Fair... I get he hasn't skated in months but man stop hating! Clint is a great skater, I don't want to hang out with him either but shit.. Airing out him or anyone else isn't good for business.

I found it kinda surprising that Vans was backing the bunt since they're basically known for egging people on to talk shit, but if pros continue to go on there and be honest, hopefully it'll become more accepted.

i back the shit talk personally, its a lot more entertaining than a mikey taylor interview

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #283 on: April 19, 2017, 10:38:43 PM »
That was fuckin great. Mad props for calling out Nike, there were some audible "daamns" being said

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #284 on: April 20, 2017, 08:15:22 AM »

He never said anything about being anti corporate. You can dislike Nike and not other larger brands like Vans.

IHOP

« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2017, 07:41:43 PM »
Shit talking wasnt too crazy besides the obvious clint walker hate.  good episode

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #286 on: April 20, 2017, 08:47:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I found it kinda surprising that Vans was backing the bunt since they're basically known for egging people on to talk shit, but if pros continue to go on there and be honest, hopefully it'll become more accepted.

i back the shit talk personally, its a lot more entertaining than a mikey taylor interview

agreed, anyone talking shit about all the trash talk in skating lately is such a puss. the amount of bland overly nice skaters is getting to be too much. just because you talk shit and actually voice your opinion doesn't mean you can't be a nice person. that fake sean malto skate beef is even worse then the overly nice positive shit too. you know all these skaters are talking shit behind closed doors, props to the bunt for letting their opinions be known.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #287 on: April 20, 2017, 09:22:12 PM »
I demand a Don x Cephas street part. Show us you still got it.

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
« Reply #288 on: April 21, 2017, 05:09:51 AM »
I'm not his biggest fan, I usually skim his parts, but this was entertaining. I just remember his interview with the Illusion where he sounded like he was about to break into tears because Guy didn't get SOTY the year Pretty Sweet came out.  Seriously, as corny as these guys can sound I love their podcast just for the fact that they don't hold back with their opinions/trash talk.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #289 on: April 21, 2017, 10:38:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

agreed, anyone talking shit about all the trash talk in skating lately is such a puss. the amount of bland overly nice skaters is getting to be too much. just because you talk shit and actually voice your opinion doesn't mean you can't be a nice person. that fake sean malto skate beef is even worse then the overly nice positive shit too. you know all these skaters are talking shit behind closed doors, props to the bunt for letting their opinions be known.

Agreed. It was a good listen, Elijah had some shots and encouragement,but whatever because it'd be the same if we were kicking it with him. Everybody player hates,it's healthy.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2017, 10:59:58 AM »
oh no he said something bad about nike! big meanie
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #291 on: April 21, 2017, 03:05:07 PM »
Besides the obvious technical issues with audio from the Live event, that was fucking awesome.

I can't decide whether I like the Clint or Poppalardass shit talk more.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #292 on: April 21, 2017, 04:29:18 PM »
love this podcast, but every time they say "ting" or "neegee" i can't help but cringe. is that a canada thing?

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #293 on: April 21, 2017, 04:42:44 PM »
love this podcast, but every time they say "ting" or "neegee" i can't help but cringe. is that a canada ting neegee?

SMUTTLORD

« Reply #294 on: April 21, 2017, 06:50:49 PM »
love this podcast, but every time they say "ting" or "neegee" i can't help but cringe. is that a canada thing?

Uk/grime slang but they're just fucking around with it. Also I actually think this might be my favorite episode

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #295 on: April 21, 2017, 06:59:28 PM »
Ting is really common in some areas here, there is a large Caribbean community in the Toronto area, the local dialects in some areas have a lot of patois influence, pretty jokes how many Somali kids have natural patois in their speech just from growing up in certain areas

oldgoodburger

« Reply #296 on: April 21, 2017, 07:20:31 PM »
speculation: in the elijah episode there's an email that accuses them on not going as hard on the bigger name pros and that maybe its vans who said to talk less shit. Their response is something along the lines of "couldn't be farther from the truth"... also when they do the rapid fire and ask elijah whats the worst company he hesitates and they have to coach him a little bit saying "c'mon you wrote it down" before he actually says "fuck nike" or whatever... maybe vans wants people to talk shit and wanted elijah to be like "fuck nike". idk. great episode regardless.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #297 on: April 21, 2017, 10:26:11 PM »
And as they said in further response to letter; people still involved in industry will be less likely to talk shit, than the ones already outside skating. Good example is P. Rod, I bet his BUNT interview was well coordinated with his sponsors marketing team, maybe even questions reviewed before giving permit to interview...

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #298 on: April 21, 2017, 11:25:11 PM »
Thought it was sort of funny how he calls out Nike after saying Cory Kennedy is his favorite teammate and has a shoe from them. Great interview, he was honest and upfront about most things. It was a bit different this time, usually, with established pros they sort of go through their history and where they started. For Elijah they basically went right from him getting sponsored by Foundation to him being turned pro after Pretty Sweet.

As for Clint Walker, he's pretty over the top and ridiculous, but I get why the Birdhouse guys take it so seriously, the guys on Toy Machine and Chocolate are basically the haves of the skateboard community with shoe deals and even pro-shoes on big companies, and Birdhouse guys are basically the have-nots with only Raybourn having a legit shoe deal. I'm sure Jaws makes good money off stuff. But, Clint, Clive and Mike Davis probably have to grind on the side, and splitting that 50k however they do it is probably a big deal.

Chima also went pretty hard in his interview. The guest I'd love to see them get is Dane Burman, he gives no fucks even when he isn't prompted in an interview.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #299 on: April 21, 2017, 11:30:06 PM »
Dane Burman interview would be fire