Author Topic: Who started FA?  (Read 12183 times)

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 40
Re: Who started FA?
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 06:11:52 AM »

I'm pretty sure I read an article about difficult to work with skateboarders and when etnies asked Dill for a picture for an ad to promote this shoe he jizzed on the shoes took a picture of them coated and sent it to them!

Al Borland

• Rep: 37
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2016, 06:40:11 AM »
Quote pulled from Jenkem article regarding above claim:

I heard a story about a very popular pro who?when he was designing his pro shoe?sent the sample back to the company and it was covered in his jizz. That was his comment on the design. Jizz. Dried cum all over the shoe that was going to have his name on it. It might be a bullshit rumor, but I know skaters some photographers refuse to shoot because they?re such pains in the ass to deal with.
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2013/12/13/10-articles-you-wont-read-in-a-skate-mag-anytime-soon/

Followed by a picture of Dill.

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2016, 10:45:24 AM »
Dill and AVE have a silent partner.
He (they/whatever) are the financial backing for FA.
Financial backing guy came in as LaJolla Group/AWS deal was going to shit.
AVE and Dill needed the financing support to get the deal off the ground.
Intellectual property was there, just needed the start up capital.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2016, 11:11:30 AM »
HUF was a shoe shop clothing brand. It wasn't a full line and mostly just shirts that went with shoes drops that HUF did. A lot of it was just shirts, sweatshirts and hats (new eras) which almost every other shop did when the SB craze was huge. It is pretty crazy to see where they are now though considering things. Their catalog is huge every season and I swear I don't know who buys their shit.

I buy their shoes. I have been since 2014. Who knows though....the newer catalogs are a bit unimpressive. But the Huf rep has sent me shoes, such as Rieder slip ons and classics.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2016, 11:41:01 AM »
Even Zero was a clothing company first. What I'm saying is, if you run a skate team and the guy who doesn't quite fit in launches a clothing brand, either make friends with him, for a rainy day, or do him a favor and kick him out.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2016, 12:37:18 PM »
I know every Supreme/FA kid going to kook me for saying this but I always thought clothing that blatantly says fuck seems to try to hard to be edgy. The "Fuck The Rest" Indy jackets, Fucking Awesome... Reminds me of those juggalo/goth fat people you'd see in the 90's with that shirt that said "FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCK"... Like oooh you guys must be hard. That's just me though.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2016, 12:59:06 PM »
Expand Quote
I vaguely recall a Tim O'Connor Savier advert where has "skate mental" on his grip tape.
[close]

Wasn't there a Savier Australia tour that was called "skate mental"? I remember reading that in a Skateboarder mag a long time ago. Stefan was on that tour as well I think
Wasn't it 'skate = mental' written on his board? Staba rode for Savier too.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2016, 01:13:57 PM »

I heard a story about a very popular pro who?when he was designing his pro shoe?sent the sample back to the company and it was covered in his jizz. That was his comment on the design. Jizz. Dried cum all over the shoe that was going to have his name on it. It might be a bullshit rumor, but I know skaters some photographers refuse to shoot because they?re such pains in the ass to deal with.
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2013/12/13/10-articles-you-wont-read-in-a-skate-mag-anytime-soon/

You should check that article again.  The Dill photo accompanies the "Gay" paragraph.  You can tell bc Ziggy is grabbing his crotch.  Forrest goes with the terrible person article

Not that the jizz thing doesn't sound like a Dill thing

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2016, 01:23:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You should check that article again.  The Dill photo accompanies the "Gay" paragraph.  You can tell bc Ziggy is grabbing his crotch.  Forrest goes with the terrible person article

Lol at the last one of the list
10. The plan B video is out
Just kidding, but seriously. Your favorite pro will come out of the closet sooner than this video
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:26:23 PM by mex.ceferino »

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2016, 02:37:22 PM »
I know every Supreme/FA kid going to kook me for saying this but I always thought clothing that blatantly says fuck seems to try to hard to be edgy. The "Fuck The Rest" Indy jackets, Fucking Awesome... Reminds me of those juggalo/goth fat people you'd see in the 90's with that shirt that said "FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCK"... Like oooh you guys must be hard. That's just me though.

i highly doubt thats what Dill intended at first. there was some japanese interview with him talking about the brand a few years back and I think its more along the line of something to be excited about rather than be edgy. These days however is definitely more on the edgy attempt though.

too much

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2016, 02:51:32 PM »
I saw some Facebook video about a month ago and it was some language scholar saying fuck is one of the most important words in the english language because it can mean so many different things and is used in a variety of different contexts. I agree and disagree at the same time, but it's pretty interesting to think about it. Side note: I caught myself tripping last night think about Dylan passing. Strobeck's post this morning was amazing...rip...

Al Borland

• Rep: 37
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2016, 04:12:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You should check that article again.  The Dill photo accompanies the "Gay" paragraph.  You can tell bc Ziggy is grabbing his crotch.  Forrest goes with the terrible person article

Nah nah, I got that. Just thought it was funny that the picture was below it.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2016, 04:49:18 PM »
Expand Quote
HUF was a shoe shop clothing brand. It wasn't a full line and mostly just shirts that went with shoes drops that HUF did. A lot of it was just shirts, sweatshirts and hats (new eras) which almost every other shop did when the SB craze was huge. It is pretty crazy to see where they are now though considering things. Their catalog is huge every season and I swear I don't know who buys their shit.
[close]

I buy their shoes. I have been since 2014. Who knows though....the newer catalogs are a bit unimpressive. But the Huf rep has sent me shoes, such as Rieder slip ons and classics.
Seconded. I own a pair of the Choice and Classic Hi. Both solid shoes, gonna keep buying from them. I also own a hat and a shirt from them fwiw.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2016, 04:56:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Vans eventually did release that Dime collab... so maybe there's a kernel of truth to this.

oldgoodburger

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2016, 06:05:21 PM »
what does that have to do with anything?

casper

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2016, 07:59:10 PM »
Whenever I look at this thread I see " who FA rted" instead of who started FA
Am I dyslexic?

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2016, 02:07:00 AM »

I'd say the silent partner is supreme?

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2016, 02:28:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'd say the silent partner is supreme?

Nah, its not James.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2016, 04:16:21 AM »

Maybe said person just "really" like the shoes.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2016, 05:36:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ode to Dash Snow. Free Max b
FREE MAX B

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2016, 06:19:36 PM »

not out of character at all if you ask me ;)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Johnny Rad

• Rep: 13
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2016, 10:11:25 AM »
Even Zero was a clothing company first. What I'm saying is, if you run a skate team and the guy who doesn't quite fit in launches a clothing brand, either make friends with him, for a rainy day, or do him a favor and kick him out.

No it wasn't. I think you're thinking of Zero Sophisto.
I also saw him snake a kid with cancer once for some go fund me or some shit.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2016, 10:19:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No he's thinking of Zero, it was 100% a softgoods brand first.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2016, 10:31:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

actually, he IS kinda right.

Borrowing half a name from ex-sponsor Zero Sophisto clothing (with Owner Andy Howell?s blessing), Thomas approached Tum Yeto Owner Tod Swank with an idea for a company.

Read more at http://www.grindtv.com/transworld-business/products/from-zero-to-black-box/#FABwtcoDqy1WAqZL.99
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2016, 11:08:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Borrowing half a name from ex-sponsor Zero Sophisto clothing (with Owner Andy Howell?s blessing), Thomas approached Tum Yeto Owner Tod Swank with an idea for a company.

Read more at http://www.grindtv.com/transworld-business/products/from-zero-to-black-box/#FABwtcoDqy1WAqZL.99

From that article I learned that Innes was Matt Hensley clothing brand.  :D

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2016, 11:33:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

yup, and it ruled.  i still have a few innes shirts. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2016, 12:05:29 PM »
Jason Dill and Mike Piscitelli

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2016, 07:37:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Innes did rule and the first person officially on zero was Wade Burkitt.
I had a red zero shirt (their first run no?) long before it was a board company. Those shirts were terribly timed though as you had to talked to every 3rd grunge fan boy/ girl who stopped you in the street and was like "you like the smashing pumpkins too?" >:(

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2016, 05:38:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Ode to Dash Snow. Free Max b

People have been pissing shitting and cumming on canvases or flags or whatever way before Dash (RIP)... That's another Dill thing I think is whack. Always gotta name drop... Shit IRAK is upstream yo

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2016, 08:39:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Innes did rule and the first person officially on zero was Wade Burkitt.
I had a red zero shirt (their first run no?) long before it was a board company. Those shirts were terribly timed though as you had to talked to every 3rd grunge fan boy/ girl who stopped you in the street and was like "you like the smashing pumpkins too?" >:(

wasn't a stipulation of Wade getting on that Ellington be put on too?