Author Topic: Braydon should be pro for Baker again!  (Read 13248 times)

Aatila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
Re: Braydon should be pro for Baker again!
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2016, 02:30:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm being nice and not using harsh words as the dude before me did, but Pablo, you have no idea what your talking about with your whole, 'he burnt his bakerboys bridges because when baker kicked him off he wouldn't continue to skate their boards' that he would have had no way to afford. Just please don't make assumptions and act like you know all the details about a situation when your not personally involved in.
[close]

Hey everybody this guy is personally involved.

I'd like to see him get a board because I think it would be funny for them to take it away again.
[close]

You know, I can take that on a good way and dont rush with that kind of assumptions on the future cause I perceive Im beign misunderstood here. Its easy to write your mind on this place and is clear so many people care about this happening so ok, my bad to rush with my composition, shit, english is still a little hard to me.

Maybe the "burned bridges" is a very powerful sentence that I dont fully understand. Its so bad to write that ? That means theres bad blood and hate and stuff? cause its cool that Beagle filmed stuff with him and all that. Hes helping a friend to bring something to the crazy pro skateboarding world.

We all agree that him beign fired as a professional Baker skateboarder means that the paycheck isnt going anymore to his bank account and thats totally bussiness but he isnt retired and after many months he isnt really fully on another board company. He didnt started a new brand. So...if nobody is paying him money to represent a brand why not stay with the person/company that take care of you on the first place if theres nothing like bad blood between. Heres the Sparky/Lenoce/Heyl example again but well maybe thats the exception and not the rule.  

My final thought on this issue and trying to be more specific is that I dont think BB is that much on a budget that its red numbers to give some ex-rider that was on so many years a box of boards every once in a while and that former pro keep showing those boards on social media. Maybe a clip on some Weekend Warriors or something like that keeps that former pro somehow relevant and stuff. Something that keeps the wheels rolling somehow even if theres not royalties involved. Or maybe get some deal with Andrew with some photo incentive with that Lil Wayne World Tour or something in the past. But he decide to skate blanks for a long time. Thats a statement there.

Heyl still skates Baker boards and he isnt going to Zumiez to buy his boards full price or maybe yes cause then again Im not personally involved with his daily routine. Isnt a crazy thing to think Andrew would send a memo "hey just sell boards to Shane (or Braydon like we are talking about) on the warehouse without full price, just the minimum cost"cause that make senses to me and the word to that is pro-flow. Right ? Even when this recent Berrics project why not call Andrew and say "hey Im doing this thing and I want to ride Baker boards".

If I myself can buy boards from the company my friend runs and I really dig with a really low price why Braydon cant ? The guy even flow me some extra boards or wheels or a t-shirt or whatever here and there and he is always asking if I need anything else. Im just spreading the good word on his product cause is the bomb. I dont even skate with that skate team but the owner got my back and viceversa. Whats different on a major scale ?! Just dollars ?!

The true is Szfrancisco is skating with LE boards (or that was someone wrote here) that maybe he recieves free on the mail or maybe hes buying somewhere in the LA area, maybe on a Zumiez but those boards werent Baker on the Halloween video and thats my point why Braydon shouldnt be pro for Baker again and thats whats this thread about. I dont even type "because he doesnt sell boards anymore" cause again...how many Baca boards do you think theres out there ?! BB isnt about board sales or thats how I feel that camp since the year 2001. Its about ride Baker boards, thats the whole point of be a BakerBoy.

If somebody can tell us about the whole history (Brink, you already finish that MJ rebuttal ? Heres another job to you) that would make Slap day as it seems. A Free Lunch with Braydon kinda thing. A whole Pro Spotlight on Transworld. A new Berrics video with him and his phone photo-roll. Something to bring light on this but who knows, maybe nobody gives a fuck besides us to ever take the time to ask the big question.

woah that was long.  Im sure heyl skates baker boards because they are in the same building as shake junt which he owns i doubt he is buying their boards.  and theres been clips of shane riding girl boards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_XtHuL0_p0

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2016, 08:03:44 AM »
Putting out your best part at the state of 40 year old alchoholic isn't a way back into life as a professional skateboarder..
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2016, 04:09:10 PM »
Sparky of eating disorer?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2016, 05:32:29 PM »
You kids talk too much but I like that little munchkin kids name is Sparky now. Hella 420 friendly free Max b
FREE MAX B

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2016, 05:42:09 PM »
I had a dream where he changed his name to Spongey.

mr cheese

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2016, 06:51:09 PM »
You kids talk too much but I like that little munchkin kids name is Sparky now. Hella 420 friendly free Max b
"Why you do that"

zippy z

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2016, 07:07:21 PM »
Pro? Pro for a part that sucks compared to any of the guys who are full am status on any decently sized/respected brand? GTFO he's done and is paying the bills working behind the scenes in the warehouse.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2016, 08:10:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm being nice and not using harsh words as the dude before me did, but Pablo, you have no idea what your talking about with your whole, 'he burnt his bakerboys bridges because when baker kicked him off he wouldn't continue to skate their boards' that he would have had no way to afford. Just please don't make assumptions and act like you know all the details about a situation when your not personally involved in.
[close]

Hey everybody this guy is personally involved.

I'd like to see him get a board because I think it would be funny for them to take it away again.
[close]

You know, I can take that on a good way and dont rush with that kind of assumptions on the future cause I perceive Im beign misunderstood here. Its easy to write your mind on this place and is clear so many people care about this happening so ok, my bad to rush with my composition, shit, english is still a little hard to me.

Maybe the "burned bridges" is a very powerful sentence that I dont fully understand. Its so bad to write that ? That means theres bad blood and hate and stuff? cause its cool that Beagle filmed stuff with him and all that. Hes helping a friend to bring something to the crazy pro skateboarding world.

We all agree that him beign fired as a professional Baker skateboarder means that the paycheck isnt going anymore to his bank account and thats totally bussiness but he isnt retired and after many months he isnt really fully on another board company. He didnt started a new brand. So...if nobody is paying him money to represent a brand why not stay with the person/company that take care of you on the first place if theres nothing like bad blood between. Heres the Sparky/Lenoce/Heyl example again but well maybe thats the exception and not the rule.  

My final thought on this issue and trying to be more specific is that I dont think BB is that much on a budget that its red numbers to give some ex-rider that was on so many years a box of boards every once in a while and that former pro keep showing those boards on social media. Maybe a clip on some Weekend Warriors or something like that keeps that former pro somehow relevant and stuff. Something that keeps the wheels rolling somehow even if theres not royalties involved. Or maybe get some deal with Andrew with some photo incentive with that Lil Wayne World Tour or something in the past. But he decide to skate blanks for a long time. Thats a statement there.

Heyl still skates Baker boards and he isnt going to Zumiez to buy his boards full price or maybe yes cause then again Im not personally involved with his daily routine. Isnt a crazy thing to think Andrew would send a memo "hey just sell boards to Shane (or Braydon like we are talking about) on the warehouse without full price, just the minimum cost"cause that make senses to me and the word to that is pro-flow. Right ? Even when this recent Berrics project why not call Andrew and say "hey Im doing this thing and I want to ride Baker boards".

If I myself can buy boards from the company my friend runs and I really dig with a really low price why Braydon cant ? The guy even flow me some extra boards or wheels or a t-shirt or whatever here and there and he is always asking if I need anything else. Im just spreading the good word on his product cause is the bomb. I dont even skate with that skate team but the owner got my back and viceversa. Whats different on a major scale ?! Just dollars ?!

The true is Szfrancisco is skating with LE boards (or that was someone wrote here) that maybe he recieves free on the mail or maybe hes buying somewhere in the LA area, maybe on a Zumiez but those boards werent Baker on the Halloween video and thats my point why Braydon shouldnt be pro for Baker again and thats whats this thread about. I dont even type "because he doesnt sell boards anymore" cause again...how many Baca boards do you think theres out there ?! BB isnt about board sales or thats how I feel that camp since the year 2001. Its about ride Baker boards, thats the whole point of be a BakerBoy.

If somebody can tell us about the whole history (Brink, you already finish that MJ rebuttal ? Heres another job to you) that would make Slap day as it seems. A Free Lunch with Braydon kinda thing. A whole Pro Spotlight on Transworld. A new Berrics video with him and his phone photo-roll. Something to bring light on this but who knows, maybe nobody gives a fuck besides us to ever take the time to ask the big question.

Everything you've said has just been conjecture and unwarranted. You just made up a story in your head and stated as if it were fact with no evidence and then went on an obnoxiously long rant that really only paints a portrait of why that could hypothetically be the case with again absolutely no evidence.

Koozin

• Rep: -18
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2016, 12:04:08 AM »
And let's bring back the ice cream skate team boii$$

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2016, 09:32:36 AM »
What the fuck happened that even made someone remember this guy? He's fine right where he is. Off the radar

shark tits

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2016, 10:23:02 AM »
What the fuck happened that even made someone remember this guy? He's fine right where he is. Off the radar
the berrics, thats what happened. they distract us w/ a brayden halloween part and do sneaky build a burger shit, hiding in plain sight.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2016, 11:13:20 AM »
Went to a bar during a music festival with some homies, and Jeron Wilson, Kenny Anderson, Erica Yary, and Braydon were there. All of them super cool and shit, except Braydon. Dude was acting like a dick, but no on even considered him enough for it to have mattered. Dude's wack.
Not surprising, dude is a known asshole.

From the Quartersnacks Celebrates The Decade Top 100 NY Moments List:

22. Brayden Szvgsavsyfferszki meets Tron Jenkins, 2008:
In direct conflict with the often exaggerated, cool-guy, rock star, not-giving-a-fuck attitude exemplified by Death Wish and friends, Brayden encountered a harsh reality check outside of a dingy East 5th Street and 2nd Avenue establishment when he forgot that he was no longer in that awful cesspool of cultural degradation know as Hollywood, California by greeting a fellow teammate with the phrase, "What's up nigger?"
"What the fuck did you say?" exclaimed Mr. Jenkins.
"Yo dude, my bad, I'm really sorry yo," replied the shaken, dress-wearing degenerate with a look of concern distinctly nestled above the bat bellow his eyes.
"You can't be fucking talking out here like that," said Mr. Jenkins.
"I know man, my bad. Sorry, dude. Yo, what's you name man? I'm Brayden."
"I met you five minutes ago. Get the fuck out of my face."

http://quartersnacks.com/2009/12/quartersnacks-celebrates-the-decade-volume-8/
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 11:26:22 AM by mattchew »
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2016, 02:59:58 PM »
wack tricks with shit style at 2 miles an hour...

where's that jeffwon song baker pro model?
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2016, 04:38:34 PM »
Braydon should ride for revive or something.

that fan base would love to see another guy doing goofy late flip tricks on their team

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2016, 04:58:07 PM »
My personal experience with Brayden was a good one. The baker team came through my city in 05 I believe. He was the only one that would give me the time of day and have a chat. Was also the only one to sign my board and tried passing it round the van but everyone said no, especially dollin who had a look of disgust on his face.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2016, 08:12:09 PM »
My personal experience with Brayden was a good one. The baker team came through my city in 05 I believe. He was the only one that would give me the time of day and have a chat. Was also the only one to sign my board and tried passing it round the van but everyone said no, especially dollin who had a look of disgust on his face.

It was a Baker board ?

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2016, 08:35:52 PM »
Yeah it was the og block logo board. I was most shocked at dollin tbh, it was in oz so thought he would show a little more love but ahwell. I think brayden is definitely past his prime and no longer an option for baker but they guy should be on something legit, there are a lot of guys out there milking it harder over the years.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2016, 12:22:00 AM »
Yeah it was the og block logo board. I was most shocked at dollin tbh, it was in oz so thought he would show a little more love but ahwell. I think brayden is definitely past his prime and no longer an option for baker but they guy should be on something legit, there are a lot of guys out there milking it harder over the years.

It makes sense getting rid of old riders who aren't as marketable anymore, but is he really that unmarketable? I mean the guy had two pro shoes on a big company, the first of which skated like a better version of the EE with more board-feel.
Anyway spotlight or not, I've always been a big fan of his skating and I found this part very enjoyable. He has a deep bag of tricks and at least has a unique style (both in terms of clothes and in his skating). I wonder what the hell happened with him and Supra too, he was on the team for what, a few months?
In this day and age of skateboarding I would have thought he could have kept his career going with a solid shoe sponsor while riding whatever boards he wanted. Anyway, I'm thankful we are getting some new footage of Batface.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2016, 08:57:06 AM »
dude is a known asshole.

My good friend who owns the skateshop here in town was out in Vancouver for the premiere of Stay Gold. After the premiere he was catching a cab at the same time as Braydon and my friend knew they were staying at the same hotel so he suggested they split a cab. I should state that this dude is not a a Braydon fan so there's no way he was fanning out trying to hang out with the dude. Along the way Braydon told the cab driver to pull over to holler at some girls to see if they wanted to do coke. Then they stopped at 7-11 to get some snacks. Finally when they got to the hotel Braydon allowed my friend to pay for the cab. While on the way back to the hotel my friend got a text from friends telling him what room the party was in, so him and Braydon headed up to the party room. When they got there Braydon made a big celebratory scene about his arrival to the party then let everyone in the room know "I don't know who this dude is, he's been following me around all night!"

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2016, 09:06:10 AM »
^Lame as fuck.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2016, 09:10:04 AM »

"I know man, my bad. Sorry, dude. Yo, what's you name man? I'm Brayden."
"I met you five minutes ago. Get the fuck out of my face."

LOL

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2016, 09:12:00 AM »
I saw a BRaydon Baker board at a local shop a couple days ago
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2016, 09:51:28 AM »
It seems though Brayden and even a lot of Baker dudes grew up from then till now. I am sure that was just the peak of a lot of people's careers. Can't totally blame them for letting that shit get to their head. At least he seems cooler than before since reality has hit with his skateboarding career. I even figured Dollin would have chilled out by now but he still seems like the same person imo. Almost everyone from that OG PD crew seems to be in a different place. 
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2016, 10:31:20 AM »
I saw a BRaydon Baker board at a local shop a couple days ago

Should have bought it, could probably sell that on Ebay for $13.00 in a few years. It's always good to have a nest egg.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2016, 11:56:52 AM »
It seems though Brayden and even a lot of Baker dudes grew up from then till now. I am sure that was just the peak of a lot of people's careers. Can't totally blame them for letting that shit get to their head. At least he seems cooler than before since reality has hit with his skateboarding career. I even figured Dollin would have chilled out by now but he still seems like the same person imo. Almost everyone from that OG PD crew seems to be in a different place. 

It's gonna be hilarious when the entire Baker team and PD crew are 100% sober.

Maybe after Dollin dies.