Author Topic: Chris Russell Pro  (Read 6880 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
Re: Chris Russell Pro
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2016, 10:20:54 PM »
how are you gonna do an american psycho theme and not skate to huey lewis or phil collins
That's a good point, but for the most part I don't think videos on Thrasher receive a lot of thought/effort toward the themes that are chosen for them. Zygote was confusing, for example.

pabloalvarado

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2016, 12:43:21 AM »
Expand Quote
how are you gonna do an american psycho theme and not skate to huey lewis or phil collins
[close]
That's a good point, but for the most part I don't think videos on Thrasher receive a lot of thought/effort toward the themes that are chosen for them. Zygote was confusing, for example.

I like Zygote. Its like something new is coming to life on Element.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2016, 07:23:58 AM »
Expand Quote
No idea why this dude is a thing. He never stalls any of his handplants, frequently stinkbugs, and slaps his board down every time he airs out...like every. single. time. zzzzzzzzzzz
[close]

You're a fucking idiot.

His approach and execution is the pinnacle of savagery.

Appreciate the gnar
I feel like the majority of Slap is the kids trying really tech shit on the last 6 inches of the skatepark ledge, they aren't gonna get this dude.  Who is, while not sweet to watch like GT, terrifying and awesome.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2016, 12:18:53 PM »
Chris Russell certainly isn't "trash" but he's hyped for no good reason. Just because someone goes for it doesn't mean they're automatically amazing at skateboarding. You know who goes for it and is insane at skating? Ben fucking Schroeder.

And yeah, Raney, Ronnie, Raven, GT, etc. the newer generation of vert/tranny skaters are all way beyond Russell.

Tyson

• Rep: 1
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2016, 12:37:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No idea why this dude is a thing. He never stalls any of his handplants, frequently stinkbugs, and slaps his board down every time he airs out...like every. single. time. zzzzzzzzzzz
[close]

You're a fucking idiot.

Appreciate the gnar
[close]
I feel like the majority of Slap is the kids trying really tech shit on the last 6 inches of the skatepark ledge, they aren't gonna get this dude.  Who is, while not sweet to watch like GT, terrifying and awesome.
The majority of SLAP is dudes in their 30s stuck in the 90s and early 2000s dickriding east coast skating and skating boards from brands like FA, Polar and Magenta trying to fit in.

Main

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2016, 01:36:45 PM »
The majority of SLAP is dudes in their 30s stuck in the 90s and early 2000s dickriding east coast skating and skating boards from brands like FA, Polar and Magenta trying to fit in.

This is the truth though.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2016, 04:11:56 PM »
Chris Russell certainly isn't "trash" but he's hyped for no good reason. Just because someone goes for it doesn't mean they're automatically amazing at skateboarding. You know who goes for it and is insane at skating? Ben fucking Schroeder.

And yeah, Raney, Ronnie, Raven, GT, etc. the newer generation of vert/tranny skaters are all way beyond Russell.
I've seen Ben Schroeder almost kill himself several times in the space of a few hours on multiple occasions just riding his skateboard, he is no fucking joke.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You're a fucking idiot.

Appreciate the gnar
[close]
I feel like the majority of Slap is the kids trying really tech shit on the last 6 inches of the skatepark ledge, they aren't gonna get this dude.  Who is, while not sweet to watch like GT, terrifying and awesome.
[close]
Lol why would anyone watch this trash skater when you could just watch raney or even just an old chris livingston part
Chris Livingston's parts in the H-Street videos are some of my favourites

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2016, 04:55:22 PM »

Who cares?

You also can't compile a braindead list like that without including Pedro

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2016, 09:56:23 AM »
Stop trying to talk sense to Main, he's the stupidest motherfucker on this board. Pretty much everything he's said is stupid and incorrect. Russell stalls his inverts and hucks himself

Y'all keep mentioning top pros and saying Russell isn't as good as him, its not like a person should have to be Grant or Raney to be pro, because if that was the case, only Grant and Raney would be pro. The dude has released a couple of parts and won Vans bowl contests against all those dudes you claim are oh-so-much better than him, he's ready for a board.

Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Tyson

• Rep: 1
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2016, 11:10:33 AM »
Stop trying to talk sense to Main, he's the stupidest motherfucker on this board. Pretty much everything he's said is stupid and incorrect. Russell stalls his inverts and hucks himself

Y'all keep mentioning top pros and saying Russell isn't as good as him, its not like a person should have to be Grant or Raney to be pro, because if that was the case, only Grant and Raney would be pro. The dude has released a couple of parts and won Vans bowl contests against all those dudes you claim are oh-so-much better than him, he's ready for a board.

Main

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2016, 10:56:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

zzzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzzz.........zzzzzzzzz