Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969841 times)

chronicbackpain

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 156
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #9210 on: March 20, 2024, 11:54:42 AM »

I thought I got the Deedz trucks for the SSD Color My Friends Deck, but it could have been for a potential Huffer. They seem too small for the board. I’m thinking of getting the B.A. ones in 66, but I should search for posts to see what trucks other people have used on the 9.81 shape, before potentially buying more shit I won’t use anytime soon.

My experimentation with trucks on popsicle boards is over. I’m sticking with Thunder. I get ghost pop on other brands and have to experiment with foot placement to even land a go-to trick. Ace has been good to me on shaped boards, but is too squirrelly on popsicles. Most boards I ride have wheelbases from 14” to 14.25”.

FlippableDip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #9211 on: March 20, 2024, 12:15:08 PM »

56mm f4 conical fulls

super excited, sucks its snowing today tho :-\

gabriellllllll

• Rep: 0
« Reply #9212 on: March 20, 2024, 02:08:28 PM »
recently bought a pair of cons chucks and they preform suprising well good traction amazingn board feel while the ankle support isnt great they preform very good in technical/manual skating they are very durable and have amazing flick

Cesspool86

• Rep: 55
« Reply #9213 on: March 20, 2024, 03:20:01 PM »

Copped a couple of blank check 8 inches to pad out the ice chest. I like the shape on them.  Mellow but doesn't feel like a straight up plank

Basingstoke

• Rep: 29
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9214 on: March 20, 2024, 05:48:08 PM »

Copped a couple of blank check 8 inches to pad out the ice chest. I like the shape on them.  Mellow but doesn't feel like a straight up plank

where did you get these and do you happen to know the wheeelbase?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9215 on: March 20, 2024, 08:02:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

From the twins thread, but it has the info.

Blank Check is an importer / direct distributor of Clutch woodshop blank decks, of which some people always have some interesting things to say, but everyone can make up their own mind at the end of the day.

* And all the dimensions, wheelbase and everything is in each listing, so it makes it really easy to know what is what there too.

Dimensions:

W: 8"      L: 31 3/8"       WB: 14"       

N: 7"      T: 6 5/8"

Blank check supply has two twins an 8 and  a 8.25

https://blankchecksupply.com/products/the-symmetrical-blank-skateboard-deck-8

Clutch wood isn't that exciting tho

I've skated several Clutch boards over the last few years and never had any problems. Tbh I might like them more than PS. Any specific reason Clutch isn't favored? I remember seeing some negative opinions here before, but don't remember why

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Cesspool86

« Reply #9216 on: March 21, 2024, 02:22:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

From the twins thread, but it has the info.

Blank Check is an importer / direct distributor of Clutch woodshop blank decks, of which some people always have some interesting things to say, but everyone can make up their own mind at the end of the day.

* And all the dimensions, wheelbase and everything is in each listing, so it makes it really easy to know what is what there too.

Dimensions:

W: 8"      L: 31 3/8"       WB: 14"       

N: 7"      T: 6 5/8"

Expand Quote
Blank check supply has two twins an 8 and  a 8.25

https://blankchecksupply.com/products/the-symmetrical-blank-skateboard-deck-8

Clutch wood isn't that exciting tho
[close]

Expand Quote

I've skated several Clutch boards over the last few years and never had any problems. Tbh I might like them more than PS. Any specific reason Clutch isn't favored? I remember seeing some negative opinions here before, but don't remember why
[close]

As usual you're spot on sir.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9217 on: March 21, 2024, 05:09:48 AM »

As usual you're spot on sir.

Maybe I just had too many tabs open and thought "Hang on, I just saw something about that in another thread" but any which way, happy to help.

Also keen / curious to hear how you like the boards too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Gleefull508

• Rep: 14
« Reply #9218 on: March 21, 2024, 05:41:38 AM »
I dont understand the clutch slander, I have been skating the same alltimers board now for like a month, barely any chips still has good pop. Sometimes I let it sit in my car too because Im lazy. Still good pop still has some life left. I've literally never had a bad clutch board

Cesspool86

« Reply #9219 on: March 21, 2024, 01:39:21 PM »
I also like the boards.  I've skated two of the blanks so far and liked them both. I've also like the hoops boards I've had in the past that I'm pretty sure we're from clutch with K5 stamp for what it's worth

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #9220 on: March 22, 2024, 03:37:09 AM »
Spitfire 54mm Conicals for my Thunder 148 Hollow Lights. A little bit nervous about wheelbites because I rode 52mm Conicals for the last few years.
Maybe the weather will be nice next friday and I can test them.
IG: @flowterspace

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #9221 on: March 22, 2024, 02:24:57 PM »

Hockey 8.4” egg
Bronze sweatshirt

And_so_it_goes22

• Rep: 26
« Reply #9222 on: March 22, 2024, 04:04:42 PM »

I thought I got the Deedz trucks for the SSD Color My Friends Deck, but it could have been for a potential Huffer. They seem too small for the board. I’m thinking of getting the B.A. ones in 66, but I should search for posts to see what trucks other people have used on the 9.81 shape, before potentially buying more shit I won’t use anytime soon.

My experimentation with trucks on popsicle boards is over. I’m sticking with Thunder. I get ghost pop on other brands and have to experiment with foot placement to even land a go-to trick. Ace has been good to me on shaped boards, but is too squirrelly on popsicles. Most boards I ride have wheelbases from 14” to 14.25”.

I have Indy 169s on the 9.81 shape and they fit perfect.  The 9” aces are also a go, I’ve used 55 classics on that shape as well. 

SkatingOnNeptune

• Rep: -6
« Reply #9223 on: March 23, 2024, 05:47:51 PM »
Just bought this new bloard: https://www.metalskateboards.com/products/cosmic-chaos-10-0. I'm riding a 9.25" with Ace AF1 66 right now, but I'm curious about bigger trucks like Indy 215s, Ace AF1 80s, and Thunder 181s. Never rode a 10" truck before, curious how much different the feel is. I've heard people say 215s are crazy feeling compared to a normal sized Indy. Also curious if anyone has tried more than one of these sets of trucks and what their opinions are.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9224 on: March 23, 2024, 06:55:33 PM »
A lot of Palace Gap stuff.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Barack Hussein

• Rep: -4
« Reply #9225 on: March 23, 2024, 09:24:53 PM »
Just bought this new bloard: https://www.metalskateboards.com/products/cosmic-chaos-10-0. I'm riding a 9.25" with Ace AF1 66 right now, but I'm curious about bigger trucks like Indy 215s, Ace AF1 80s, and Thunder 181s. Never rode a 10" truck before, curious how much different the feel is. I've heard people say 215s are crazy feeling compared to a normal sized Indy. Also curious if anyone has tried more than one of these sets of trucks and what their opinions are.

I've had a pair of Indy 215s thats been in my mix over past 5 or 6 years. They are sick. Its hard not to have fun riding them. Feels like Indys feel. Turn is fun and turny. I've had points of time running it as my main setup. I think you'll be surprised at how functional they feel for all types of skating.

I'm sure you can't go wrong with any of those brands though I've never tried thunders at any size.

smg1138

« Reply #9226 on: March 25, 2024, 12:13:49 AM »

2 AWS 8.25 boards, the Psych 8.25 shape from them is my favorite shape right now
Scumco 8.25 RIP (love the shape but noticeably shorter than the AWS boards)

New 440 V2 Low
480s
Louie Lopez Spitfires
Bones Swiss 6

How long is the tail on the 8.25 Psych shape? It looks like the perfect deck for me as long as the tail isn’t much longer than 6.5” or so. Seems like so many 8.25’s have super long tails which never feels good to me especially with a short wheelbase.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #9227 on: March 25, 2024, 03:26:47 PM »
Twin asta to put on ice (riding one now)
52 og classics
96a super hard krux bushings

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #9228 on: March 25, 2024, 03:27:22 PM »
Expand Quote

2 AWS 8.25 boards, the Psych 8.25 shape from them is my favorite shape right now

New 440 V2 Low
480s
Louie Lopez Spitfires
Bones Swiss 6
[close]

How long is the tail on the 8.25 Psych shape? It looks like the perfect deck for me as long as the tail isn’t much longer than 6.5” or so. Seems like so many 8.25’s have super long tails which never feels good to me especially with a short wheelbase.

It's a 7" tail, 7.25" nose, 14.25 WB and 32.25 long. It's definitely a longer board but the shape is great.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1890
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9229 on: March 25, 2024, 05:49:06 PM »
52 og classics

How's the SC twins treating you? May try one out when they go on sale.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

New 440 V2 Low
480s
Louie Lopez Spitfires
Bones Swiss 6
[close]

[close]

It's a 7" tail, 7.25" nose, 14.25 WB and 32.25 long. It's definitely a longer board but the shape is great.

Agreed on AWS / Habitat - great shapes but I wish they took in the length to 32".
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #9230 on: March 25, 2024, 08:41:46 PM »
Expand Quote
52 og classics

[close]

How's the SC twins treating you? May try one out when they go on sale.

Really liking it - I thought it would feel too narrow @8.2 (coming off 8.5s but I did skate an old 8.3 quasi 2 days before I set it up to mentally prepare).

It's not a shape I normally choose (bit tapered compared to say the foy or toy twins) but it just works/feels good. I chalk it up to it being 32" with long kicks - plus....(unpopular opinion) I'm glad it isn't BBS...it feels light and snappy/stiff...BBS have been feeling kind dead lately (but skating PS/DSM wood has that effect).

More importantly, I've run Thunders/ventures on it no prob so it can work with any of that style (going to try royals with those hard krux).

smg1138

« Reply #9231 on: March 26, 2024, 07:40:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

New 440 V2 Low
480s
Louie Lopez Spitfires
Bones Swiss 6
[close]

[close]

Wow those are some really long kicks! Definitely a great shape but unfortunately tails that long don't work for me. Appreciate the info!

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #9232 on: March 26, 2024, 07:52:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

New 440 V2 Low
480s
Louie Lopez Spitfires
Bones Swiss 6
[close]

[close]

[close]

Wow those are some really long kicks! Definitely a great shape but unfortunately tails that long don't work for me. Appreciate the info!

been riding only habitiat and workshop boards from 2014-2018/2019 when they mostly were PS- also had quite teh long nose and tail, mostly 14 inch wb, lots of 31.78/ 31.73 or max. 32 lenght. some of those boards were magical.....i miss them.
mind i talk about 8.125 boards here.

After or around the time they switched to bbs boards in that size were longer and had the longer WB mostly too....but felt too big.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #9233 on: March 26, 2024, 07:58:43 AM »
52mm lock-ins. Happy to have pulled the trigger on them.

Pastasash

• Rep: 61
« Reply #9234 on: March 27, 2024, 10:19:59 AM »
Been on a Theories kick lately, found these all for great deals online thanks to Theories sale and Orchard discounting previous season stuff.

The plaza denim is now my favorite pant. The fit on these is exactly what I've been looking for, perfect amount of "baggy/loose" feel and length.  ;D

Coffee

• Rep: 36
« Reply #9235 on: March 27, 2024, 01:33:24 PM »
Picked up a Santa Cruz Tom Asta board today after my session. I’ve never ridden Santa Cruz or anything made at DSM before, it’s been all DLX and one Bsker board for the last 8ish years so I’m curious to see how it feels. Also I’m technologically handicapped so here’s a link to NHS for the deck I got from my local shop.

https://nhsskatedirect.com/products/8-00in-x-31-50in-asta-outlier-pro-santa-cruz-skateboard-deck?variant=43119551807645

Free hat

• Rep: 24
« Reply #9236 on: March 27, 2024, 01:48:37 PM »
Picked up a Santa Cruz Tom Asta board today after my session. I’ve never ridden Santa Cruz or anything made at DSM before, it’s been all DLX and one Bsker board for the last 8ish years so I’m curious to see how it feels. Also I’m technologically handicapped so here’s a link to NHS for the deck I got from my local shop.

https://nhsskatedirect.com/products/8-00in-x-31-50in-asta-outlier-pro-santa-cruz-skateboard-deck?variant=43119551807645

Santa Cruz/creature aren’t bad boards at all.