Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324531 times)

yapple dapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Gear your contemplating buying?
« on: October 30, 2016, 08:06:29 PM »
I don't need any new decks but really like the new Enjoi drop, especially the Wray series. What skate stuff are you thinking of getting but can't seem to pull the trigger?

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 08:15:41 PM »
what happened to wray bros?

yapple dapple

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 08:25:38 PM »
^ Their still kicking around. The enjoi thing is just a guest art series. The gummy bear board is kind of sick. Last i heard he moved wood shops from China to Mexico...
http://wraybros.bigcartel.com/

TEMP-GNAR

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 08:26:07 PM »

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 10:51:41 PM »
Really been wanting the Alltimers Adidas shirt and superstars, found them both on sale but i got 6 pairs of shoes to burn through and don't need anymore clothes. I need to stop buying skate shit for a bit so i can travel more.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 05:05:31 AM »
a MK1.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 09:47:13 AM »
-New deck, so many brands out there I can't really make up my mind. I want steep concave, 8.25, 14.25-.5 wb, maybe 32 in length and a pointy nose from a woodshop with stiff boards
-As for wheels, stuck between 101a Conical Full F4s and some Conical 80HDs for the cruiser
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 09:58:00 AM »
I've only got one deck in the reserves so obviously I'm losing a lot of sleep looking at boards that are all the same size and wood but have different pictures on them. A high stress very important decision for me.

I also started skating a pair of those hyperfeel janoskis and they're amazing so I'm in snatch 'em up/piss away all my money mode.

coneklr

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 10:04:12 AM »
I don't know why but everything in that Adidas X Official collab is looking really good to me.  I could only chill in the shoes since they are vulc but damn those and that hoodie look good!

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 10:25:51 AM »
A set of black STFs in my size that I found on sale for cheap. On the plus side im getting wheels for cheap but on the downside they're colored wheels and these days i usually never skate a wheel unless it's white, but blacks not too bad, so I'll probably end up getting them.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 10:56:02 AM »
A set of black STFs in my size that I found on sale for cheap. On the plus side im getting wheels for cheap but on the downside they're colored wheels and these days i usually never skate a wheel unless it's white, but blacks not too bad, so I'll probably end up getting them.
I have ridden them in black and even have a set spare, I like them.

yapple dapple

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 02:34:28 PM »

-Trucks are a long-term investment, and I won't be needing those in the near future. Still I'm tempted to get something in the sweet spot between the two setups I have... I'm currently riding a comically tiny 7.5 deck with 127mm trucks (ikr) and a 8.25 on 149mm. So the option of getting, say, a 139mm set of Indys would be nice, to keep things between the 8 and 8.25 range.

That's a other thing I've been thinking about building. An 7.75 with some venture 5.0's and 50mm wheels. What size wheels are you rocking on that 1998 set-up?

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 03:10:51 PM »
^^^

Until today, 49mm wheels. Some gross entry-level wheels made by Moska (BR brand) under the "Next" name. I got what I paid for, so the bearings slip like crazy and I have to pop them back into place all the time. Now I'm trying 54mm wheels, they have a big flatspot chunk but I'm willing to see how far they take me tonight.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:34:21 AM by 20matar »

calvinsdream

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 04:03:24 PM »
Until today, 49mm wheels. Some gross entry-level wheels made by Moska (BR brand) under the "Next" name. I got what I paid for, so the bearings slip like crazy and I have to pop them back into place all the time. Now I'm trying 54mm wheels, they have a big flatspot chunk but I'm willing to see how far they take me tonight.

Why not just grab the f4 49mms?

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 03:34:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why not just grab the f4 49mms?

Forgot to quote Yapple Dapple. Whoops.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 05:35:45 AM »
I've been thinking about trying a pair of Krux for like 2 years now but can't pull the trigger. Just got paid today...anyone wanna try to convince me?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 05:40:19 AM »
I've been thinking about trying a pair of Krux for like 2 years now but can't pull the trigger. Just got paid today...anyone wanna try to convince me?
They're supposed to be light, grind smoother and Nora Vasconcellos is on the team. Not sure if your into graphics on trucks but they have a ton of them.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 06:52:32 AM »
Current debates:

Shoes: Lakai Fremont, fura. Adidas busenitz pro
Clothes: debating whether or not I need any more hoodies and if I really need skate brand t-shirts.
Deck: if ever Mariano deck happens

Shoes wise, I've got some lakai griffins in the wings but am curious about those others. Clothes, I've got skate hoodies out the yin yang but I love me some hoodies. Deck, I'm only 1/4 through current deck and have another waiting but if ever mariano deck comes out I'd like to get one cuz well mariano

calvinsdream

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 07:21:16 AM »

They do have cheap(er) titaniums...

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 07:58:14 AM »
Everything all the time.

Got enough shoes, decks, trucks and wheels to last me a few years. Still I'm constantly looking at things I could snatch up. Lately some HUF Gillettes, Adidas Busenitz Pros and a couple of decks at least. And once you start googling and browsing, you'll find other interesting stuff. It's a trap and I'm falling for it way too often.  :-[

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 11:31:55 AM »
That crailtap box.

I've been satisfied with my last 2 chocolate boards and realized I've never owned a girl board. My main problem is that I'm only looking for shaped boards right now. Crailtap has some good ones, but I may not get them. It's a gamble

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 01:38:01 PM »
Tons of things..

-Some kind of 8.75-9 set up with thunder 151's, dedicated cruiser, only for the most fucked of conditions
-Kinda need a new hoodie, all mine are ripped/old/no good
-Nice soft cruiser wheels, but I can't justify it when I just started getting into conical fulls lol.
-Regular thunder 149's, I'm not totally stoked on the hollow lights, I think having a bit of heft in the truck could be a good thing. But it makes things pop so much easier  :-\ Which I really like since my ollies and flips suck..
-More bearings, still on the hunt for my favourite. I want to get some nicer bones, but the price is tough when bearings are so hit and miss.
-Another pair of Kyle walkers, but the money!!

And of course I want all the decks. All sizes.

I have to exercise a lot of control.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 01:45:48 PM by Zimmer »

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 03:23:16 PM »
That crailtap box.

I've been satisfied with my last 2 chocolate boards and realized I've never owned a girl board. My main problem is that I'm only looking for shaped boards right now. Crailtap has some good ones, but I may not get them. It's a gamble

Someone cooler, better adjusted and more creative than myself made a nice post about the box. Said it's gotta be two MJ decks, two MJ shirts, and one MJ hat. If you're ok with that in principle, give it a whirl. I'd buy it if I lived in the US.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 09:02:09 PM »

glutton.

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 05:55:30 AM »
$100 sounded a bit steep for anything non-shoe related, but I probably spend that much on weed in a couple days:

I work during the day and it's dark by the time I can skate. That 3M might save my life, and I haven't bought any Polar gear in a while.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 06:01:33 AM by glutton. »

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2016, 06:00:58 AM »
$100 sounded a bit steep for anything non-shoe related, but I probably spend that much on weed in a couple days:

I work during the day and it's dark by the time I can skate. That 3M might save my life, and I haven't bought any Polar gear in a while.

Nice jacket. You probably do this already, but light-colored outfits are a good way to ensure to be seen by our friendly, polite and thoughtful driver friends. Won't beat 3M, though.

glutton.

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2016, 06:09:59 AM »
^
I do that in the summer with white tees, but it's cold now. Except for one, all my jackets are: black, navy, blue, or some shade of brown. I tend to get ashes on my clothes and am the kind of person that washes his jackets/pants only when they start to smell bad.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2016, 06:36:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nice jacket. You probably do this already, but light-colored outfits are a good way to ensure to be seen by our friendly, polite and thoughtful driver friends. Won't beat 3M, though.

that's why I contemplate getting that Polar Skypager jacket sometimes.
hardly art, hardly starving

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2016, 07:04:22 AM »
I've been meaning to get the Arto 358 in the "rust" colorway since they came out but mainly put them off because I already have a ton of skate shoes that are still in decent condition.

yapple dapple

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2016, 08:07:50 AM »
I pulled the trigger and ended up getting the enjoi 1985 called deck. Think it complements this Gonz deck well. So I'll save it for a wall hanger once I get around to hanging all the other decks I have in my arsenal...