Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324617 times)

yapple dapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2017, 08:56:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nothing noteworthy. They were 49mm "Next" wheels, which are Moska's "entry-level" wheels... Brazilian brand. I've bought them for next to nothing in a sale. They slid great, screeched like a banshee. But you get what you pay for. I eventually gave them away. Tightening the nuts only made them slow down earlier, as the bearings would be pushed outwards and eventually get stuck. I tried to run them tight with washers and the inner spacer, but it wouldn't work too well.
[close]

is there anything noteworthy about your bearings? sometimes the cause can be on the bearing end not the wheels end
[close]

No. I've only experienced that with those wheels, no matter what bearings I'd run.
Blind Jeans. anyone know if there out yet? Here's a pre-order
https://www.oldskullskateboards.com/pre-order-blind-classic-jeans/

dime a dozen trend skater

• Rep: 6
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2017, 02:21:22 PM »
Genuinely considering getting these

calvinsdream

« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2017, 02:58:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nothing noteworthy. They were 49mm "Next" wheels, which are Moska's "entry-level" wheels... Brazilian brand. I've bought them for next to nothing in a sale. They slid great, screeched like a banshee. But you get what you pay for. I eventually gave them away. Tightening the nuts only made them slow down earlier, as the bearings would be pushed outwards and eventually get stuck. I tried to run them tight with washers and the inner spacer, but it wouldn't work too well.
[close]

is there anything noteworthy about your bearings? sometimes the cause can be on the bearing end not the wheels end
[close]

No. I've only experienced that with those wheels, no matter what bearings I'd run.
[close]
Blind Jeans. anyone know if there out yet? Here's a pre-order
https://www.oldskullskateboards.com/pre-order-blind-classic-jeans/

wooooof

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2017, 06:32:32 AM »
i have a problem, for a while i was going steady on a 8.8 board and thunders, and that was going good until a chunk of it came off, so i switched to my 9" backup board and indys, and ive been getting used to that, and now i have to opportunity to get a new board and i dont know what size to get now, i either have to get used to the 8.8 again, or fully get into skating a 9" full time, damn.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2017, 09:59:34 PM »
i want a pair of those polar cargos in army, but i can't find them in north america in a medium. probably better off not spending $100 us on a pair of pants anyways.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2017, 07:37:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone skated the Emerica Indicator? I didnt get on with Huf Classics  so im hoping this will skate more to how i like but still have the same look.
[close]

didn't skate them, but tried them on at the shop. i am not into the toecaps too much cause they hurt my toes in a weird way (all of these toe cap shoes!)

compared to the huf classic they got a VERY thin sole that is also part felt material. Friend of mine skated the indicators and they seemed to last for him. personally i am not a fan of the emerica vulc sole and prefer their cupsole options- but whatever floeats your boat i guess!

I don't know how Emerica can put out a shoe with felt on the fucking sole. They should be ashamed of themselves.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2017, 07:53:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone skated the Emerica Indicator? I didnt get on with Huf Classics  so im hoping this will skate more to how i like but still have the same look.
[close]

didn't skate them, but tried them on at the shop. i am not into the toecaps too much cause they hurt my toes in a weird way (all of these toe cap shoes!)

compared to the huf classic they got a VERY thin sole that is also part felt material. Friend of mine skated the indicators and they seemed to last for him. personally i am not a fan of the emerica vulc sole and prefer their cupsole options- but whatever floeats your boat i guess!
[close]

I don't know how Emerica can put out a shoe with felt on the fucking sole. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Felt on the sole qualifies them as slippers for import taxes. Much cheaper. Same reason Converse and others do it.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2017, 12:23:27 PM »
Felt on the sole qualifies them as slippers for import taxes. Much cheaper. Same reason Converse and others do it.

I know why they do it. I just don't know how they can live with themselves. Converse does it on their NON-skate line.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2017, 03:17:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know why they do it. I just don't know how they can live with themselves. Converse does it on their NON-skate line.

Well Mr. Smarty Pants you didn't use the rhetorical question please don't answer font. The other answer is that Emerica is sort of like a 9 or 10 year old dog. Fine for a little while longer.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2017, 06:19:29 PM »
Really thinking about stepping up to an 8.25 after skating an 8 for years on end.  Lately my board has just been feeling a little small under my feet and I would love some extra room.  Also the indy 144 looks awesome and I'm sick of looking at a tiny pair of dinky krux.  Also sick of people asking me how I'm even skating krux.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2017, 08:23:11 AM »
Has anybody ever skated a Pocket Pistols deck?

Despite the cringe-worthy name, they have a decent team and there's this Ron Chatman 9" deck that I have my eye on.  Not sure where they are pressed and I generally hate ordering boards online without seeing them in person first, but the dimensions are perfect.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2017, 08:26:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well Mr. Smarty Pants you didn't use the rhetorical question please don't answer font. The other answer is that Emerica is sort of like a 9 or 10 year old dog. Fine for a little while longer.

Sad but trueeeeeeugh

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2017, 11:20:03 PM »

Despite the cringe-worthy name, they have a decent team and there's this Ron Chatman 9" deck that I have my eye on.  Not sure where they are pressed and I generally hate ordering boards online without seeing them in person first, but the dimensions are perfect.

Post in the woodshop thread someone will know....

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2017, 11:41:05 PM »

Supposedly they're made in California, which i think would be Watson?

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116

Grind King Rims

« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2017, 02:34:40 PM »
yay or nay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brian-Wenning-Habitat-Skateboard-Nos-/122535851483?hash=item1c87b4b5db:g:FGkAAOSwfpVZNZEG

Fuuuuck, that's a gorgeous piece of artwork from a great era of skateboarding, but 400 bucks is a week's wages (on a good week) for my broke ass.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2017, 02:37:17 PM »
Personally, I'd say buy the Welsh deck.

asakusa75

« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2017, 03:48:06 PM »

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2017, 04:48:57 PM »
Why don't people like dipped boards?

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2017, 07:18:42 PM »

Dipped boards are like a well done steak, undignified and chewy.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2017, 12:54:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dipped boards are like a well done steak, undignified and chewy.

Not to mention that the paint on the edges acts as a physical barrier to restrain explosive energy or some other shit I don't know I made it up dipped boards are awful

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2017, 09:18:03 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]

dipped boards are awful

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2017, 07:29:21 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

dipped boards are awful
[close]

They look like cheap shitty wal mart boards when the edges get dinged up

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »
Quote from: Bumpovertrash  link=topic=93150.msg2628727#msg2628727 date=1491471975
Expand Quote
I don't know if you're calling me a kook or saying Bronsons suck. But both are true statements.
[close]
Do Bronson's really suck all I've ever rode are bones and whatever I can get my hands on. Thought about trying em out
Yes! They really are garbage. It's all marking and gimmicks. Right out of the box there fast, smooth, and super quite. Give them about a month, one or two will stop rolling the other bearings are a magnet for dirt and grime and the cages bend when you try to clean em. From my uneducated guess their made in China at the same factory as other cheap bearings with some fancy packaging. Stick to Bones Swiss.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2017, 02:47:14 PM »
I back dipped boards.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2017, 04:19:38 PM »
I back dipped boards.

holy crap, me too. 

who woulda thought we're best friends again Mak!?

hardly art, hardly starving

asakusa75

« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2017, 05:13:01 PM »
I back dipped boards.

I did from about 98-2002/3ish....all the Workshop ones.
I rode a lot of those.

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2017, 06:15:26 PM »
Quote from: Bumpovertrash  link=topic=93150.msg2628727#msg2628727 date=1491471975
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't know if you're calling me a kook or saying Bronsons suck. But both are true statements.
[close]
Do Bronson's really suck all I've ever rode are bones and whatever I can get my hands on. Thought about trying em out
[close]
Yes! They really are garbage. It's all marking and gimmicks. Right out of the box there fast, smooth, and super quite. Give them about a month, one or two will stop rolling the other bearings are a magnet for dirt and grime and the cages bend when you try to clean em. From my uneducated guess their made in China at the same factory as other cheap bearings with some fancy packaging. Stick to Bones Swiss.

This. Fast and nice for the first month or two, then they start dropping like flies. 90% marketing.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2017, 07:08:36 AM »
for reasons unknown i seem to be drawn to buy some nike koston 3 hyperfeel.
they look so strange yet intreaging..
anyone that has them that can aid or steer me away from them?
feel free to share your opinions.