Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324594 times)

chillclinton87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2017, 03:06:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Considering picking up a pair of Kyle Walker Vans from an outlet near me. Not sure if anyone has experience with them, but they seem like a solid shoe and you can't argue with 60% off.
[close]
absolutely get them. they last a while and your feet will thank you. imo it's the best shoe they make

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2017, 04:30:29 PM »
Need a new deck ASAP but won't be able to make it to a shop this week. I'm planning on buying online but am unsure about shapes/concave. Anyone know what the silver spoon concave is like from scumco and sons? Same with Politic. Orchard has a batch of Joey Pepper boards coming in tomorrow that has my curiosity piqued.

mgeorge402

« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2017, 07:37:06 PM »
Was never really into Primitive products...buuuuuuuuut they do have those Don Pendleton collabs dropping at midnight.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #183 on: July 06, 2017, 08:41:09 PM »
I want to pick up that DC Tiago shoe, but I'm sitting on a surplus of shoes right now...
you never know about pre-cum 

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2017, 10:33:01 PM »
Need a new deck ASAP but won't be able to make it to a shop this week. I'm planning on buying online but am unsure about shapes/concave. Anyone know what the silver spoon concave is like from scumco and sons? Same with Politic. Orchard has a batch of Joey Pepper boards coming in tomorrow that has my curiosity piqued.
The silver spoon is on the medium concave side, nose and tail are def more rounded.
Here is a decent photo of the shape
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV5bNR3hSJs/?taken-by=comfortskateshop

Politics are on the medium side as well. They have been pretty round in the past, but the last few i have gotten have had a slightly pointer nose.
Hope that helps

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #185 on: July 09, 2017, 06:54:29 PM »
Really contemplating this Shorty's Steve Olson board on Craigslist:
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/spo/6206642460.html
All you got is today, get out and skate.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #186 on: July 09, 2017, 08:41:10 PM »
god damn ^^^

MaitlandPrivado

• Rep: 29
« Reply #187 on: July 10, 2017, 03:03:17 PM »
Damn, I would buy that Olson in a fucking heartbeat.

Ham Sandwiches

• Rep: -5
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2017, 03:40:28 AM »
How cushie are the Lucas ADV Premieres? Looking to grab some of the Primeknit ones for chilling.
you know you can get laid, see music, socialize, talk shit, and not be a nazi at the same time right?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2017, 03:50:13 AM »
How cushie are the Lucas ADV Premieres? Looking to grab some of the Primeknit ones for chilling.

Not much, very supportive and breathable but once you remove the insole they are pretty hard. Not sure on the primeknit ones but the regular ones have me happy and considering a pair of the primeknits

Also, should I get Vans Slip ons or the Dylan slip on (using the skatewarehouse sale)

*edit: didn't want to double post
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 11:40:21 AM by mynameisnotjeff »
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Fart Sounds

• (V)(;,,;)(V)
« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2017, 05:23:17 PM »

silver spoon concave is a little weird at first (the concave doesn't totally flatten out at the bolts, the concave sort of bowls at the end), but i really like it. i think the nose/tail feel a bit more responsive(?), like you can ~feel it~ better, as dumb as that sounds.

Ham Sandwiches

• Rep: -5
« Reply #191 on: July 12, 2017, 02:41:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not much, very supportive and breathable but once you remove the insole they are pretty hard. Not sure on the primeknit ones but the regular ones have me happy and considering a pair of the primeknits

Also, should I get Vans Slip ons or the Dylan slip on (using the skatewarehouse sale)

I mean, as long as they're not like Vans or the Boozetits Vulc (which are the only Adidas shoes I've ever skated) I'm sure it will be cool.
you know you can get laid, see music, socialize, talk shit, and not be a nazi at the same time right?

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2017, 08:34:40 AM »
Real tempted to get "The Flair" on iTunes but want my hands on a hard copy.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2017, 12:58:59 PM »
Has anyone tried the Lakai Flacos aka los zapatos por la patineta? I want to give Lakai some money but I want to make sure they are alright first. Is the insole good? Cheers.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2017, 03:05:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I mean, as long as they're not like Vans or the Boozetits Vulc (which are the only Adidas shoes I've ever skated) I'm sure it will be cool.

Not sure about Boozetits Vulc but, they actyally have support for the arch but lack cushion. Where is SKATAN when we need him?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #195 on: July 18, 2017, 11:20:09 PM »
been eyeing some Koston Max.
worth the purchase?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #196 on: July 18, 2017, 11:26:15 PM »
been eyeing some Koston Max.
worth the purchase?
If you can get them cheap, yea, but otherwise spend a little more and get a real runner.
you never know about pre-cum 

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2017, 03:38:59 PM »
found some good shoe deals online. can't decide between Cons one star, Breakpoint or Lakai Fremont. Never skated Cons though. Should I go half a size up for em?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #198 on: July 24, 2017, 06:11:01 PM »
I really want those Reynolds G6s. I really don't need shoes right now so I'd feel bad buying them, but I saw someone with them the other day and they look like the perfect shoe.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2017, 09:01:18 PM »
Really want those Romero Hi X Truman Reserve boots just to wear during the fall/spring.

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2017, 01:27:51 AM »
Anymore feedback on those Riptide Pivot Cups? been seeing some on the setup thread and i got a homie who just got them in his Ace's which normally doesn't play well with any other pivot cups. how durable are they?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:33:30 AM by ferraveemo »

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2017, 04:24:29 AM »
Anymore feedback on those Riptide Pivot Cups? been seeing some on the setup thread and i got a homie who just got them in his Ace's which normally doesn't play well with any other pivot cups. how durable are they?
Got em in Ace 44's and 66's. They're simply amazing and are holding up really well.

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2017, 06:29:59 AM »
found some good shoe deals online. can't decide between Cons one star, Breakpoint or Lakai Fremont. Never skated Cons though. Should I go half a size up for em?

yup, i skate 13 exclusively in everything from adidas to vans but converse have always been a 12 for me.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2017, 06:39:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yup, i skate 13 exclusively in everything from adidas to vans but converse have always been a 12 for me.
Converse for as long as I can remember have always ran a full size big.

Jonny Utah

• Rep: -32
« Reply #204 on: July 25, 2017, 09:37:11 AM »
the shoe has been out forever now but how do people on here feel about the Emerica Figueroa? 

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2017, 02:23:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same here, I'm a 13 for literally everything, except converse, for which I'm a 12.

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

« Reply #206 on: July 25, 2017, 05:59:52 PM »
I've been debating on copping a pair of Domestics, though I honestly don't know anyone else who's ever worn them and am kind of apprehensive. Generally, I think spending $70 plus on a pair of pants is corny, but I'd make an exception for these (for obvious reasons). Anyone have a pair? What's up?

That Freddy Hubba ad the dude who posted before me has as his sig jogged my memory.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #207 on: July 25, 2017, 07:31:42 PM »
the shoe has been out forever now but how do people on here feel about the Emerica Figueroa? 

I'm clearly a bit of an Emerica fanboy but I really liked mine. Had two pairs of 'em. The shape of the toe is super nice for flip tricks, and it's got just the right amount of padding for a low profile shoe. Would definitely recommend.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #208 on: July 25, 2017, 08:03:20 PM »

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2017, 06:34:37 AM »
I've been debating on copping a pair of Domestics, though I honestly don't know anyone else who's ever worn them and am kind of apprehensive. Generally, I think spending $70 plus on a pair of pants is corny, but I'd make an exception for these (for obvious reasons). Anyone have a pair? What's up?

That Freddy Hubba ad the dude who posted before me has as his sig jogged my memory.

I had a custom pair made for me. Mid weight navy. they are all cotton and shrunk in the washer. not really a bad unwearable shrinking, but more of a levis "shrink to fit" kind of deal. I guess im just used to loose 874's. they are quality pants, except for the front thigh region has turned a blue/brown from wear, and ive only had them like 2 months. they are pretty hot for summer stuff, and the fact that they wore in the thigh region kinda made me apprehensive about trying to get a second pair, but I guess if I got a heavier duck canvas or ripstop material this wouldnt be a problem. When I bought them, they sent me two free t shirts so you never know what youll get. plus I only paid $55 when I emailed them (i asked how much for customs and they said $55, i didnt haggle price). in the end, I will probably stick with 874's unless I am feeling really patriotic.