Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324672 times)

shit4breakfast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -15
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #390 on: December 12, 2017, 01:29:51 PM »
Since none of you fuckers chimed in....Anyone contemplating Jack Purcell pros, get em, they're fucking great. The canvas is super durable and they break-in real fast. The Zoom insoles took a little bit of getting used to though, felt super hard at first.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #391 on: December 12, 2017, 09:17:55 PM »
Contemplating buying those CTAS pros that are black with the pink suede backing and I'm basically sitting on the page trying to decide whether or not purchase. I just wanna look like Al Davis

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

ZEBRA

« Reply #392 on: December 12, 2017, 09:36:16 PM »
Yo, what's up with the Spitfire F4 Lock-In's?? Thinking about getting some, but I really have no complaints about sticking with the classic shape.....

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #393 on: December 13, 2017, 01:04:40 AM »
Yo, what's up with the Spitfire F4 Lock-In's?? Thinking about getting some, but I really have no complaints about sticking with the classic shape.....

They're pretty good, riding surface is something between a conical and a conical full, so a bit wider than classics. The outside shape is a conical, and the inside is straight cut. In my experience, they definitely do lock you into ledges, rails etc quite well. Definitely feels more secure when the trucks are cross pinched for a 5050 on a round rail compared to a classic or something. I would have preferred the outside shape to be a classic though, as I find the classic shape the easiest to slappy with. Not a big deal though. Biggest con is the fact that you can't really flip them when they cone.

chodekaka

« Reply #394 on: December 15, 2017, 10:32:43 AM »
Since none of you fuckers chimed in....Anyone contemplating Jack Purcell pros, get em, they're fucking great. The canvas is super durable and they break-in real fast. The Zoom insoles took a little bit of getting used to though, felt super hard at first.
Canvas is never durable fuck converse too. If they break in real fast and are made of canvas then they aren’t durable.

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #395 on: December 15, 2017, 11:11:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Canvas is never durable fuck converse too. If they break in real fast and are made of canvas then they aren’t durable.
I don't know why they didn't stick with full suede on the jacks. The full suede polar ones looked pretty solid

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #396 on: December 18, 2017, 10:40:12 AM »
Contemplating buying those CTAS pros that are black with the pink suede backing and I'm basically sitting on the page trying to decide whether or not purchase. I just wanna look like Al Davis

i have the pink backed pink ones and they're awesome, they'll never rip ever ever ever.
good come sausage

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #397 on: December 20, 2017, 12:39:41 PM »
Indy 149's. I'm riding Thunders right now, and while they're great for flat and ledges, I can't stand the way they carve. I have Indy 139's and 169's but I'm really digging the 149 size on an 8.25. Not looking forward to breaking in new bushings, that's for sure.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #398 on: December 20, 2017, 12:54:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i have the pink backed pink ones and they're awesome, they'll never rip ever ever ever.
Well they came in the mail today, can't wait to skate them and see how they are. That Lunarlon insole feels great too

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #399 on: December 20, 2017, 01:22:23 PM »
Indy 149's. I'm riding Thunders right now, and while they're great for flat and ledges, I can't stand the way they carve. I have Indy 139's and 169's but I'm really digging the 149 size on an 8.25. Not looking forward to breaking in new bushings, that's for sure.

You should try the 159's, seriously!

Spitfire4life

« Reply #400 on: December 20, 2017, 02:51:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You should try the 159's, seriously!
On an 8.25 though? On 8.5 that would be super sick, but 159's on an 8.25 would have .25 inches poking out of each side which sounds a little crazy to me. That being said, if I ever go back to 8.5 I will most definitely get 159's. I love having trucks that are a little bigger than the board is. 

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #401 on: December 20, 2017, 09:14:28 PM »
I’m considering Thunder 149s. Could get them a bit cheaper than normal. I’m happy with my Aces though and have 149 Indys and 5.8 Ventures on other set ups. I’ve never really tried Thunders so I kinda want to give them a shot even though I really don’t need them.  :P

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #402 on: December 21, 2017, 02:50:04 AM »
Hook UPS ass grab

jockboy

• Rep: -18
« Reply #403 on: December 21, 2017, 04:36:10 AM »
Girl skateboards bluetooth speaker for the sesh, skate rock!

[img][/img

Sloboldmanstyle

• Rep: -3
« Reply #404 on: December 22, 2017, 12:07:19 AM »
I've  been swapping between 3 sets of wheels for about a year now and looking to try something new. 2 sets of 99a F-4's. 54mm conical fulls feel the most controllable all around, 52mm classics are my favorite for street and slides, but scare the shit out of me when locking onto coping at speed. Also skate some 56mm SPF V5's, the speed and grip are what I love about them. I skate park and a mini ramp almost exclusively and even when it's street, it's slappies, low ledge and manny pad shit. Been trying to decide between some STF's, probably V3. 101radial F4's radial and recently some Crupies because people seem to love them. Anyone want to help me make up my mind so I can stop swapping my fucking wheels all the time?

Spitfire4life

« Reply #405 on: December 22, 2017, 09:34:36 PM »
F4 101's; because truck madness apparently wasn't enough for me.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #406 on: December 23, 2017, 12:28:52 AM »
heroin skateboards. I've been riding scumco for the last year and while i love them i feel they wear down really fast but i could just be skating a lot.
even the steven

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #407 on: December 23, 2017, 11:44:16 AM »
heroin skateboards. I've been riding scumco for the last year and while i love them i feel they wear down really fast but i could just be skating a lot.

You need to get onboard!

Mongoloid

« Reply #408 on: December 27, 2017, 08:20:57 AM »
I slept on the Becky Factory Nico deck, and now they’re sold out in American shops. Fuck I wanted that as a wall hanger.

venture5.8

« Reply #409 on: December 27, 2017, 08:30:20 AM »
I slept on the Becky Factory Nico deck, and now they’re sold out in American shops. Fuck I wanted that as a wall hanger.
I wanted the smiths one they did but I think they only did it in 8.125 so it would have been too small

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #410 on: December 27, 2017, 01:42:51 PM »
im thinking about trying out one of those polar 1991 shaped decks.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #411 on: December 27, 2017, 08:07:12 PM »
An 8.38 DLX board. Probably won't because I just bought a brand spanking new complete last month but the year-old 8.38 Polar I keep going back to has a slightly shorter tail than the 8.5 I just bought and I skate infinitely better on the old board than the new.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 08:35:00 PM by planman »

venture5.8

« Reply #412 on: December 27, 2017, 08:12:13 PM »
im thinking about trying out one of those polar 1991 shaped decks.
I really liked the one I had

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #413 on: December 27, 2017, 08:43:23 PM »
An 8.38 DLX board. Probably won't because I just bought a brand spanking new complete last month but the year-old 8.38 Polar I keep going back to has a slightly shorter tail than the 8.5 I just bought and I skate infinitely better on the old board than the new.

Currently skating a Real 8.38 Full and loving it. I picked up an Otherness 8.375 to try out, but ended up going back to the Real after a month.

nsskater1993

• Rep: 1
« Reply #414 on: December 28, 2017, 05:16:51 AM »
Empire's having a pretty decent sale, and I'm considering buying the kyle walker pros since this is the only time I've noticed them for cheaper than normal. Ended up putting a pair of the brown colorway and a spitfire x cardiel t shirt in my cart, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Anybody want to help convince me to? lol

calvinsdream

« Reply #415 on: December 28, 2017, 06:00:47 AM »

I got that revenge of the egg shape and it’s been a lot of fun to ride. 14.75 wb and a football tail.

venture5.8

« Reply #416 on: December 28, 2017, 08:49:53 AM »
Empire's having a pretty decent sale, and I'm considering buying the kyle walker pros since this is the only time I've noticed them for cheaper than normal. Ended up putting a pair of the brown colorway and a spitfire x cardiel t shirt in my cart, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Anybody want to help convince me to? lol
It's a shirt with cardiel on it

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #417 on: December 28, 2017, 09:59:35 AM »

The kyle walkers are a safe bet, they stand out a lot from the rest of Vans crap! I wore my last pair till they stunk.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #418 on: December 28, 2017, 07:32:28 PM »
I keep looking at the polar dane1 shape... anybody ride one? Is the concave mellow? Care to give a review? Thanks in advance

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #419 on: December 29, 2017, 09:46:40 AM »
id love to know how it compares to the 1991 shape too