Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324532 times)

the canadian suit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #510 on: March 17, 2018, 11:03:38 AM »
my toaster quit on me this morning, just inexplicably stopped working. Already had the eggs in the poacher, wtf had to do the sourdough in a frying pan. Anyway, think I'll stop by the St Vincent de Paul later and pick up a new/used toaster.
Hope they have something other than that Hamilton Beach scrap.

My lady just got me a cuisinart and it's honestly pretty fucking wonderful. The toast comes out so perfectly toasted I almost forgot I was at home and thought I was at some fancy $18 avocado toast place.
p-shuvs and v-flips

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #511 on: March 17, 2018, 08:50:37 PM »
Been skating the Ishod Dunks for a few months now, and I知 absolutely in love with the way the shoe feels as a whole.
Good to know, I have heard mixed reviews.
Just picked up a pair from lurkallday痴 sale so I知 anticipating their arrival

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #512 on: March 17, 2018, 11:05:52 PM »
 plane ticket 125 street bike, surf rack, rain suit, drugs
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #513 on: March 18, 2018, 08:03:32 AM »
Wino G6's, anyone know what the midsole part is like on these, i dont wanna end up with another overly thin shoe that i can't do anything with

I mentioned them a little earlier on the page, but I have them and like them well enough. I think they're reasonably supportive given that they are a pretty thin shoe. I have a pair of FP Insoles that I tend to use for thinner shoes like these which I feel achieves the perfect balance.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #514 on: March 18, 2018, 08:44:58 AM »

I dunno about the first two, but a rain suit and drugs is a pretty safe purchase.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #515 on: March 18, 2018, 07:57:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I dunno about the first two, but a rain suit and drugs is a pretty safe purchase.
  Yea you're right  , dancing in the rain.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #516 on: March 21, 2018, 04:56:29 PM »
I'm usually a Deluxe guy for boards, but I tried out my friend's Habitat and really liked how square it was. Been kinda tempted to try a new shape (but not a shaped board) so I might go to the shop this week and try something new!

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #517 on: March 21, 2018, 05:10:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Wino G6's, anyone know what the midsole part is like on these, i dont wanna end up with another overly thin shoe that i can't do anything with
[close]

I mentioned them a little earlier on the page, but I have them and like them well enough. I think they're reasonably supportive given that they are a pretty thin shoe. I have a pair of FP Insoles that I tend to use for thinner shoes like these which I feel achieves the perfect balance.

I held a pair in store and they still felt a little too thin for my tastes, ended up getting a pair of Laced. Cupsole but feels really reminiscent of the older Cons vulc style before they "upgraded"

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #518 on: March 21, 2018, 05:21:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I held a pair in store and they still felt a little too thin for my tastes, ended up getting a pair of Laced. Cupsole but feels really reminiscent of the older Cons vulc style before they "upgraded"

The Laced are nice too. But if you want a low profile cupsole I think they nailed it with the Figgy. I'm actually kinda bummed he's getting a second shoe because I love his first one so much.

After I made my post a few minutes ago about board shapes I saw Krooked teasing a football shape they're releasing in my size. hmmmmmmmmmmm

Space Monkey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #519 on: March 21, 2018, 05:25:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

The Laced are nice too. But if you want a low profile cupsole I think they nailed it with the Figgy. I'm actually kinda bummed he's getting a second shoe because I love his first one so much.

After I made my post a few minutes ago about board shapes I saw Krooked teasing a football shape they're releasing in my size. hmmmmmmmmmmm
When I saw the second pro model I started hoarding Figgy's

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #520 on: March 22, 2018, 05:59:55 PM »
Want to try one of those MaxAllure boards coming out of BakerBoys... I like simple graphics with not much to them.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #521 on: March 22, 2018, 09:28:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i just wanna say the Wino G6 Slip on feels pretty great

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #522 on: March 23, 2018, 10:39:43 AM »
i just wanna say the Wino G6 Slip on feels pretty great
Best slip on out right now, perfect for those who like to switch out thick insoles too, not that you'd need to.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #523 on: March 23, 2018, 03:35:29 PM »
Y'all have convinced me. Next pair are gonna be the white ones.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #524 on: March 25, 2018, 09:24:48 AM »

Found a deal on these. Love blazer lows. But I need some opinions on these? Yay or nay?
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

ALZ

• Rep: 1
« Reply #525 on: March 25, 2018, 12:00:04 PM »
Thinking of buying the Dylan Slip-ons in leather. I wear size 9 in the Classic Hi (with some wiggle room to spare)..should I go half a size down for the slip-ons?

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #526 on: March 25, 2018, 02:52:17 PM »
They feel pretty much the same that the classics in my opinion, the canvas Dylans are slightly bigger than the leather ones

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #527 on: March 25, 2018, 03:39:27 PM »
Thinking of buying the Dylan Slip-ons in leather. I wear size 9 in the Classic Hi (with some wiggle room to spare)..should I go half a size down for the slip-ons?

I have a pair in some sand colored leather and they fit really weird. Loads of room in them. They池e not really too long but way too roomy otherwise. I think I should have gone half size down but I知 not sure how those would have fit lengthwise. I put these insole heightening things under the stock insoles and now they work ok but feel kinda weird and tall. I just wish Tammy doesn't find out I知 heightening!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 09:47:43 PM by Roisto »

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #528 on: March 25, 2018, 04:08:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have a pair in some sand colored leather and they fit really weird. Loads of room in them. They池e not really too long but way too roomy otherwise. I think I should have gone half size down but I知 not sure how those would have fit lengthwise. I put these insole heightening things under the stock insoles and now they work ok but feel kinda weird and tall. I just wish Tammy does any find out I知 heightening!

Haha I see you my guy, +1

Joe Pesci

« Reply #529 on: March 25, 2018, 07:52:46 PM »
[img]https://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/nike-sb-blazer-pine-green-university-red-1.jpg[/img
 Yay

Sad Hippo

« Reply #530 on: March 25, 2018, 08:43:19 PM »

Found a deal on these. Love blazer lows. But I need some opinions on these? Yay or nay?
Not a fan of mids, but that's a nice colorway.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #531 on: March 25, 2018, 09:30:08 PM »
Expand Quote
nike-sb-blazer-university-red
[close]

The Blazer mids have a inner bootie and feel better
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #532 on: March 27, 2018, 11:12:40 AM »

Anyone skated a stereo lately?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #533 on: March 27, 2018, 11:29:51 AM »
Not even Chris Pastras

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #534 on: March 28, 2018, 10:42:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
nike-sb-blazer-university-red
[close]
[close]

The Blazer mids have a inner bootie and feel better

mids all day

Yu Dum

« Reply #535 on: March 29, 2018, 05:26:30 PM »
My local is about to get an order of States in, but I知 not sure if I値l actually like them.
Do they fit true to size? And, how is the insole/impact protection? (I know...vulc =/= impact protection)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #536 on: March 29, 2018, 05:43:22 PM »
sizing in the first few runs seemed to be all over the place but for me a size 10 fits like 10 and 1/4 in length but a 9.5 in width if that makes sense. I'm talking about the Madisons though and perhaps that's one of their slimmer models? Insole is one of the best in the game at the moment though, big brands need to take note. Also quality is top notch. Basically like how vans pros should be made

*sole is a pebble magnet and that is the only area I can fault them in

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #537 on: March 29, 2018, 07:03:15 PM »

Anyone skated a stereo lately?

Yep. Had an 8.25 x 14.25 x 32 last year and it was amazing. Nice and flat with a pretty round nose and tail. Would recommend.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #538 on: March 29, 2018, 09:53:13 PM »
sizing in the first few runs seemed to be all over the place but for me a size 10 fits like 10 and 1/4 in length but a 9.5 in width if that makes sense. I'm talking about the Madisons though and perhaps that's one of their slimmer models? Insole is one of the best in the game at the moment though, big brands need to take note. Also quality is top notch. Basically like how vans pros should be made

*sole is a pebble magnet and that is the only area I can fault them in

I have similar experiences with the Elgins. They are quite "shallow"; tight on top of my foot. Normally I wear a size 11 in everything but I could fit a 10.5 in Elgins otherwise but those squeeze my foot too much. The 11s I got still squeeze my foot but I can get along with them. Sole is a pebble magnet. They look really good and feel solid. I have not skated mine yet. I'm hoping they adjust the fit of their shoes and fix the pebble problem because I really dig these shoes otherwise. And while the fit isn't perfect, it's not so bad that I'd have to get rid of them. I'm actually quite looking forward to skating these cuz the last pair of "too tight" shoes I skated I really liked skating in the end, the HUF Ramondettas.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #539 on: March 29, 2018, 10:10:37 PM »
I think the "tightness" might also because they have rubber under the suede/ canvas panels and thus it takes a lot longer to stretch them out? I still have to wear fairly thin socks with mine whereas the etnies Ryan Lay's I got at around the same time are now broken in perfectly. Really want to try some of the Salems but you can get bishops online for like $15 which is a steal!!! They also had a cupsole in the works but not sure what happened to it...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year