Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324524 times)

sn00p and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Krooked antihero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #600 on: August 25, 2018, 02:33:35 AM »
I have the opportunity to get an Almost board pretty cheap. I haven’t ridden any Dwindle wood for more than ten years. I know it wasn’t the best back then. What’s it like these days?
Same as always imo, not the best but above average.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #601 on: August 25, 2018, 03:17:53 AM »
I'm contemplating buying a whole 7.75" set up and I'm not even sure why.

I've been off the board for 6 weeks now. Might get the permission to start riding a bit again next week (fingers crossed!) I usually ride a 8.38" or a 8.5" with at least a 14.5" wheelbase but I was just thinking back some years ago when I tested a Penny size cruiser with a cork top and it was surprisingly fun and nimble. I guess I'm thinking of possibly getting some sort of same vibes from a 7.75" set up but I dunno. I've never skated small boards and I'm a big guy so it might be a total waste of money or it might be really fun. 🤔

Beer and Peanuts

• Rep: 1
« Reply #602 on: August 25, 2018, 04:23:26 AM »
Expand Quote
I have the opportunity to get an Almost board pretty cheap. I haven’t ridden any Dwindle wood for more than ten years. I know it wasn’t the best back then. What’s it like these days?
[close]

Well, I bit the bullet. 8.125 by 31.7. Says it has mellow concave and steep kicks, though standing on it they didn’t seem overly steep.

Interested to see how it compares to the 8.06 krooked I’m currently skating, which feels pretty damn good.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #603 on: August 25, 2018, 08:11:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Well, I bit the bullet. 8.125 by 31.7. Says it has mellow concave and steep kicks, though standing on it they didn’t seem overly steep.

Interested to see how it compares to the 8.06 krooked I’m currently skating, which feels pretty damn good.
I’ve been riding nothing but bbs boards for many years now, couple of yrs ago my gf got me this palace board b/c it has some cute kittens on it so I gave it shot. Didn’t like the dimension of that board but wood was okay imo, it felt impossible to break but still somehow ”dead” compared to bbs ones...

It sucks getting old.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #604 on: August 25, 2018, 09:05:02 AM »

I've been off the board for 6 weeks now. Might get the permission to start riding a bit again next week (fingers crossed!) I usually ride a 8.38" or a 8.5" with at least a 14.5" wheelbase but I was just thinking back some years ago when I tested a Penny size cruiser with a cork top and it was surprisingly fun and nimble. I guess I'm thinking of possibly getting some sort of same vibes from a 7.75" set up but I dunno. I've never skated small boards and I'm a big guy so it might be a total waste of money or it might be really fun. 🤔

You're thinking crazy because you haven't skated in 6 weeks. You're basically sending drunk texts at 3am. Just jerk off and go to sleep.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #605 on: August 25, 2018, 11:54:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You're thinking crazy because you haven't skated in 6 weeks. You're basically sending drunk texts at 3am. Just jerk off and go to sleep.

Well, I was looking on maybe putting 70 mm longboard wheels on it with three sets of 1/8" Diamond risers, cuz they fit nicely on Aces, so maybe you're right.  :D

Your advice sounds good, I'm gonna go do just that.

DONKEYSAUCE

• Rep: -5
« Reply #606 on: August 30, 2018, 08:53:37 PM »
I need help. Slip on pros or Lakai Owens? I already know how slip on pros are, I've had a bunch, I just want to see what else is out there.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #607 on: August 30, 2018, 09:11:40 PM »
Slip on pro over owens… never had janoski slips, but they look pretty good maybe you should check them out

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #608 on: August 31, 2018, 08:05:14 AM »
I need help. Slip on pros or Lakai Owens? I already know how slip on pros are, I've had a bunch, I just want to see what else is out there.

owens are the best slip ons I've ever used, they fit my wide ass feet really nice and since its a "vlk" sole (vulc/cup hybrid) they're super supportive for a slip on too, if you catch a heavy primo you won't hate your life the next day.

cloudy

« Reply #609 on: August 31, 2018, 08:19:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

owens are the best slip ons I've ever used, they fit my wide ass feet really nice and since its a "vlk" sole (vulc/cup hybrid) they're super supportive for a slip on too, if you catch a heavy primo you won't hate your life the next day.

if you're looking for slip ons, have you tried the emerica wino g6 slip on? i'm skating the white collin provost ones atm, and i really like them. right now you can buy two for $70 over at active.

https://www.activerideshop.com/collections/labor-day-sale/products/emerica-wino-g6-slip-on-shoe-1000027894
https://www.activerideshop.com/collections/labor-day-sale/products/emerica-wino-g6-slip-on-shoe-1000027892
https://www.activerideshop.com/collections/labor-day-sale/products/emerica-wino-g6-slip-on-x-reserve-shoe-1000028145

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #610 on: August 31, 2018, 08:46:12 AM »
Can anyone comment on the Lakai Bristols? I haven't skated vulcs in a minute but they seem pretty nice and I'm feeling nostalgic for a pair of Lakais for whatever reason. My feet are super wide, so sizing advice would be appreciated especially.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 08:48:10 AM by baustin »

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #611 on: August 31, 2018, 08:48:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

if you're looking for slip ons, have you tried the emerica wino g6 slip on? i'm skating the white collin provost ones atm, and i really like them. right now you can buy two for $70 over at active.

https://www.activerideshop.com/collections/labor-day-sale/products/emerica-wino-g6-slip-on-shoe-1000027894
https://www.activerideshop.com/collections/labor-day-sale/products/emerica-wino-g6-slip-on-shoe-1000027892
https://www.activerideshop.com/collections/labor-day-sale/products/emerica-wino-g6-slip-on-x-reserve-shoe-1000028145

I was thinking about getting the Winos too but they don't look too good fuction wise. They look sorta flimsy. I'm skating my third pair of the Lakai Owen slip ons and they're amazing.

DONKEYSAUCE

« Reply #612 on: August 31, 2018, 09:18:06 AM »
Can anyone comment on the Lakai Bristols? I haven't skated vulcs in a minute but they seem pretty nice and I'm feeling nostalgic for a pair of Lakais for whatever reason. My feet are super wide, so sizing advice would be appreciated especially.
Wide feet, don’t do it. I got some that I really wanted to make work but I don’t have the time or patience to try to break in a pair of shoes that are causing me pain out the box.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #613 on: August 31, 2018, 10:47:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Wide feet, don’t do it. I got some that I really wanted to make work but I don’t have the time or patience to try to break in a pair of shoes that are causing me pain out the box.

Thanks for the heads up!

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #614 on: September 01, 2018, 07:26:55 PM »
Some Lynx OG's, but i may have missed my chance, they're being sold on ebay for close to $200 and I'm just not that willing to spend that much  :( Anyone know of any size 11's for sale asking the original price or cheaper?

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #615 on: September 02, 2018, 12:43:21 AM »
Some Lynx OG's, but i may have missed my chance, they're being sold on ebay for close to $200 and I'm just not that willing to spend that much  :( Anyone know of any size 11's for sale asking the original price or cheaper?
This is a long shot I know but in my country(Finland) they just don’t sell, every shop has every colorway and size in stock so if I were you I’d search them from EU, have no clue about how much shipping across pond would cost but I’d say you still have pretty good chance to get them under 200$
https://en.beyondstore.fi/product/13066/ for example

It sucks getting old.

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #616 on: September 02, 2018, 03:57:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This is a long shot I know but in my country(Finland) they just don’t sell, every shop has every colorway and size in stock so if I were you I’d search them from EU, have no clue about how much shipping across pond would cost but I’d say you still have pretty good chance to get them under 200$
https://en.beyondstore.fi/product/13066/ for example

Sweet, I'll take a look.  Thanks a lot for your help!!!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #617 on: September 02, 2018, 11:11:33 AM »
I've been debating buying a camera. We have a VX1000 among our crew, but a lot of times schedules don't really align so I kinda wanna just get something on my own so we can at least have two cameras among us. I dunno if I'm gonna get a VX myself, but probably something comparable. Was considering a TRV900 cuz the prices are pretty reasonable for someone who likely isn't gonna exceed being a hobbyist.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #618 on: September 02, 2018, 11:31:59 AM »

may want to consider looking at the state keys. i found them to be slightly more comfortable than the vans slip ons with a slider wide foot.

DONKEYSAUCE

« Reply #619 on: September 02, 2018, 09:33:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

may want to consider looking at the state keys. i found them to be slightly more comfortable than the vans slip ons with a slider wide foot.
Really? I had a pair I hated. Thought they were way narrow compared to slip on pros. They also made fart sounds every step I took too.

Pigeon

« Reply #620 on: September 04, 2018, 08:10:34 PM »
I was thinking about buying the Daniel Castillo guest board, but can’t think of a reason.

nooky

• Rep: 9
« Reply #621 on: September 05, 2018, 08:39:23 AM »
a flat 8.5, are doomsayers flatish?

was going to put my 159s on it.

was also thinking about these --

https://proper-skateboarding.myshopify.com/products/cinex-mid-white
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #622 on: September 15, 2018, 12:16:46 AM »
Anybody running the Clear Weather shoes? I really want a pair

wheee!

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #623 on: September 15, 2018, 01:29:16 AM »
Not really, regular generator they seem to be.

It sucks getting old.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #624 on: September 15, 2018, 05:00:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd look at baker/deathwish or creature for a flatter 8.5

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #625 on: September 15, 2018, 08:30:55 PM »

was going to put my 159s on it.

was also thinking about these --

https://proper-skateboarding.myshopify.com/products/cinex-mid-white

cinexs are great, been on and off skating my pair between vans pros, real stable but not super stiff by the ankle, alright insole and supportive and flexy midsole. boardfeel's pretty there for a cup.

not a lot of mid-high top cupsoles out there right now and these do me good. lotta compliments too
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #626 on: September 16, 2018, 02:48:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I'd look at baker/deathwish or creature for a flatter 8.5
dlx and magenta have nice, flat 8.5s

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #627 on: September 16, 2018, 08:50:01 PM »

8.25 x 32 WB:14.81
This size seems interesting...wish it was 8.5. But the wheelbase seems crazy. Don't recall seeing my that
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #628 on: September 19, 2018, 04:28:58 AM »

was contemplating hopping up to 8.75 again and getting some 58s or something (from an 8.6 and 52s) but with it nearly being winter aka park under the bridge season i wont be skating much transition so i think 8.5 and 56s is a good middle ground.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #629 on: September 20, 2018, 06:21:06 AM »
These came up in the non-skate shoes that are good for skating. I had a pair of these Fila’s in white when I was much much younger and didn’t skate too much, but I’m hoping someone who has had a pair recently can give me their opinion on what these are like to skate in? In terms of how flexible and durable the leather is and how grippy the sole is.

https://www.footlocker.co.uk/en/p/fila-original-fitness-men-shoes-48655?v=314313171804
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.