Author Topic: shit that triggers you  (Read 12130 times)

lilpeen

Re: shit that triggers you
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2016, 10:36:11 AM »
Graphic all over print socks, doesnt even have to be weed leaves, especially with rolled up pants. Nigga fuck your socks.
People who dont take a single slam at the park and play it safe.
People who bring their girl to the park with a skateboard and you can tell shes not into it. I always talk to them and tell them you dont have to do this if you dont want to, boyfriends be gettin mad at me. Fuck it, I just jedi mind stole your bitch.

thebacker

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2016, 11:59:07 AM »
Graphic all over print socks, doesnt even have to be weed leaves, especially with rolled up pants. Nigga fuck your socks.
People who dont take a single slam at the park and play it safe.
People who bring their girl to the park with a skateboard and you can tell shes not into it. I always talk to them and tell them you dont have to do this if you dont want to, boyfriends be gettin mad at me. Fuck it, I just jedi mind stole your bitch.

Ive noticed said boyfriend never skates far away and only does flatground

Esquivel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2016, 01:06:32 PM »

what triggers me about the lack of grip on the nose is that it feels like your foot is going to slip off.

it is a bit distracting
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2016, 02:06:48 PM »

shoes without any ankle padding

what happened to your chuck obsession?
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2016, 02:36:38 PM »
It's not a big deal, but it bothers me when kids are riding good boards yet the wheels are completely done - flat, tiny, cracked, shredded right down.

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2016, 03:07:07 PM »
It's not a big deal, but it bothers me when kids are riding good boards yet the wheels are completely done - flat, tiny, cracked, shredded right down.

Yeah, I see this quite a bit around my local. It baffles me.

such

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2016, 05:41:07 PM »
Expand Quote

shoes without any ankle padding

[close]

what happened to your chuck obsession?

you remember that? haha. skated chucks for a while really helped out my ankles. but it still triggers me.
it ruins most huf shoes idk why they do it. and they always have a seam right at the achilles that rubs your heel.

oh and of course mismatching laces.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2016, 06:34:48 PM »
Kids that only skate flatground and complain about razor tail (bonus point if only the tail is messed up)
When kids review their gear to their friend and it's stupid ovious it's their first set-up
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2016, 06:50:59 PM »
When a nigga got me fucced up

glutton.

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2016, 07:09:01 PM »
oh and of course mismatching laces.
Laces in most 5-6 eyelet vulcs blow out quickly. Unless I get a pair of shoes on the same day as the shop, I consider myself lucky if the second pair of laces are still in the box.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2016, 02:36:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's for the status, to show that they really skate. Everyone can rough up a fresh deck's graphics and give it some cosmetic damage from whacking the thing around. Damaging shoes, or worse, patching non-existent damage with silvertape and glue, can also be done if you really want to fake it. But getting a set of wheels to dip into bearing-cover territory takes time and effort. Of course you could just trade a new set of Alta wheels for your buddy Todd's dead, orange wheels, but the kids who like to keep shit like that would rather keep the old wheels and use them as keychains and hang them off their backpacks, like they're the skate version of rabbit feet amulets. I've seen broken truck baseplates used for that same purpose, too.

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2016, 03:14:25 AM »
I hate parents taking their children to the skate park as if it's a play ground. There's only one indoor skatepark in my town and you never go there on a sunday because it's just flooded with kids who aren't even skating with just one asshole in the corner supervising them. As soon as you see this you might as well just leave.

marty mcfly

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2016, 03:25:52 AM »
Kids only skating flatground and look at you after every single trick they did like "did you see shove it number 37??!"

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2016, 04:30:00 PM »
when people think they have the right to hog the park because they're filming and they have their gang with them.

i like to walk in front of them really slowly while they're riding up to their trick and ignore them when they yell at me like im too dumb to know they there

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2016, 04:54:01 PM »
pedestrians who try to cock block your path when you're skating - usually some dude trying to assert his dominance or something. and drivers who get all aggro and honk and yell shit when you're skating near their car. some bitch drove toward me today, stopped, honked, and flipped me off. I was skating on the side of the road and she had plenty of room to go around. so I flipped her off and yelled fuck you. then she got caught at a light so I went up to her and said fuck you again.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2016, 06:51:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It's for the status, to show that they really skate. Everyone can rough up a fresh deck's graphics and give it some cosmetic damage from whacking the thing around. Damaging shoes, or worse, patching non-existent damage with silvertape and glue, can also be done if you really want to fake it. But getting a set of wheels to dip into bearing-cover territory takes time and effort. Of course you could just trade a new set of Alta wheels for your buddy Todd's dead, orange wheels, but the kids who like to keep shit like that would rather keep the old wheels and use them as keychains and hang them off their backpacks, like they're the skate version of rabbit feet amulets. I've seen broken truck baseplates used for that same purpose, too.
That's funny they're used as a status symbol. I guess it makes sense. As I get older I like keeping my whole setup fresh except for the trucks so I can't relate. I used to not care about my shoes being ripped up, but now it just makes me feel lame.

Bensquirts

• Rep: 75
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2016, 07:13:06 PM »
White shoes-white socks-white grip combo (see Daniel Vargas)
trucks with hanger graphics
People who ride big ass soft wheels at the skatepark and "grind" with their trucks not even touching the coping

Also, this is pretty localized, but I live in Taiwan and I'm fuckin stoked whenever I see someone riding a deck that's not Primitive or sk8mafia.

Half assed grinds are the worst.
Wild colored trucks

such

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2016, 10:22:22 AM »
pedestrians who try to cock block your path when you're skating - usually some dude trying to assert his dominance or something. and drivers who get all aggro and honk and yell shit when you're skating near their car. some bitch drove toward me today, stopped, honked, and flipped me off. I was skating on the side of the road and she had plenty of room to go around. so I flipped her off and yelled fuck you. then she got caught at a light so I went up to her and said fuck you again.

YES how could i forget this? its always the same guy too. 30-40s, years old, bald or wearing a stupid hat to hide his receding hairline, always has a beergut, board shorts and slippers. and of course hes wearing these sunglasses:

i noticed this a lot in california. your cruising down the sidewalk and this guy i walking with his family. theres about 10 feet between you and his family and he starts swerving in your direction and you have to fucking powerslide to get away from him. when you pass him he stares you down for the next 10 seconds. every time.

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2016, 02:35:49 PM »
Blue jeans

such

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2016, 06:03:14 PM »

such

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2016, 06:04:22 PM »

Lasernaut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2016, 08:01:49 AM »
shit that triggers you
full cab

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2016, 09:25:15 PM »
Ahahah got me, I only say full cause always hearing half, I know it's just "cab" or "caballerio" but I'm so use to beginner days saying full cab
yes

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2016, 11:38:40 PM »
shirts that has the big graphic on the back instead of the front

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2016, 02:29:24 AM »

The other way around. Am i supposed to look at the graphic or your face ? So distracting for me

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2016, 04:26:15 AM »
I hate parents taking their children to the skate park as if it's a play ground. There's only one indoor skatepark in my town and you never go there on a sunday because it's just flooded with kids who aren't even skating with just one asshole in the corner supervising them. As soon as you see this you might as well just leave.
don't you just tell them that this is not a playground and to gtfo to one with their kiddos?
at our park we immediately tell the parents that this is no playground for their kids, and it would be super dangerous to ride around with thos plastic vehicle shit. they mostly understand and we tell them that they should buy their kids skateboards when they're older/old enough and to come back, we will gladly welcome them. but just on skateboards. not scooters or some shit.
it often works. because the kids themselves start to annoy their parents that they want to go back to the skatepark and that they want to have a skateboard. its cool to see the youngin there, hyped, really wanting to learn stuff. just bein hyped on skateboarding.

himlor

• Rep: 18
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2016, 07:22:09 AM »
Little kids who tail you on their scooters

maybe you should skate faster then..?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2016, 10:57:54 AM »
groms at the asking you how to do 'xxx' after you do 'xxx'

groms waxing shit and they still push 1mph

kids who just 'air out' of bowls

Shake Junt anything

Old guys that only do BS 50-50s and the same shit they did 20yrs ago (looking at you SALBA, JJ, Grosso); is it so hard to learn ANYTHING new?

people who ask me how old I am after throwing down some shit

that dude that wears full hockey pads at my park and really only does fakie rocks to fakie disasters

N.L.

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2016, 11:34:59 AM »

Old guys that only do BS 50-50s and the same shit they did 20yrs ago (looking at you SALBA, JJ, Grosso); is it so hard to learn ANYTHING new?

if you could do FSOs like JJ, why would you do anything else?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2016, 09:09:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The other way around. Am i supposed to look at the graphic or your face ? So distracting for me

Back graphics with something on the ches area or a medium sized front graphic are my shit haha

but shirts with something small in the chest that look like they'll have a back graphic throw me off
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.