Author Topic: NES Emulators For Mac  (Read 8188 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
NES Emulators For Mac
« on: November 15, 2016, 05:55:47 PM »
Recently got a mac and wanted to know if you guys knew of any emulators I could get for it? (specifically looking for S/NES)
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Jordick

Re: NES Emulators For Mac
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 07:01:25 PM »

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 07:44:03 PM »
Download "OpenEmu"

It's an emulator for mac, that can run games from nes, snes, genesis, gameboy/ gb advance, N64, Psone, and a bunch of other older, lesser known systems (multiple Atari consoles, gamegear, and even Virtual Boy, among others)

I use it for N64 games a lot, and probably about 65% of those games run alright on it (Goldeneye does, at least)

But I don't think I've ever had a nes, snes, or gameboy game not work on it. It's got a better layout than any other emulator I've used, as well.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 02:05:00 PM »
Download "OpenEmu"

It's an emulator for mac, that can run games from nes, snes, genesis, gameboy/ gb advance, N64, Psone, and a bunch of other older, lesser known systems (multiple Atari consoles, gamegear, and even Virtual Boy, among others)

I use it for N64 games a lot, and probably about 65% of those games run alright on it (Goldeneye does, at least)

But I don't think I've ever had a nes, snes, or gameboy game not work on it. It's got a better layout than any other emulator I've used, as well.
Can you share the link, please?

GOKU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 01:31:22 PM »
If they have NEStopia and SNES9x for Mac, those are pretty good. I don't have much experience with those multi system emulators, but those are probably pretty rad and convenient too. Nowadays lots of people are getting Raspberry Pi 3's and putting all their ROMs on those thangs instead.

For a USB gamepad, I got a thing that you can plug your PS1/PS2 controller into. Perfect for just about any console, PS2 controllers have plenty of buttons and are pretty much the perfect shape/size!

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 08:15:50 PM »
If they have NEStopia and SNES9x for Mac, those are pretty good. I don't have much experience with those multi system emulators, but those are probably pretty rad and convenient too. Nowadays lots of people are getting Raspberry Pi 3's and putting all their ROMs on those thangs instead.

For a USB gamepad, I got a thing that you can plug your PS1/PS2 controller into. Perfect for just about any console, PS2 controllers have plenty of buttons and are pretty much the perfect shape/size!

Rather connect my PS3 controller through bluetooth, saw a friend do that back in high school and thought that was cool

The Pi sounds to advanced for me, I'm not to tech savvy and would somehow manage to mess it up haha

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 07:45:42 PM »
This is the one I was talking about:
http://openemu.org/

On that page you can see the layout I was talking about.
Stuff like having the cover art of the games visible, to click on to play, is sick.

Like I said, not every n64 game works perfect on it, but games on the older consoles run pretty consistently great.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 02:20:06 PM »

Stuff like having the cover art of the games visible, to click on to play, is sick.

Like I said, not every n64 game works perfect on it, but games on the older consoles run pretty consistently great.
Wow, just downloaded, thanks. Hooked my PS4 controller up (wired) with no tweaking or downloading extra shit.

What's the best place to get games though? New to this.

you never know about pre-cum 

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 03:22:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What's the best place to get games though? New to this.

Just PM'd him this haha

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 03:33:53 PM »
coolrom.com works good for me

I also have pretty much every nes and snes game saved somewhere, that I downloaded off like piratebay or kat
If you can't find anything like that, and want it, I could probably put it up somewhere this weekend
You should be able to find most everything on that first site though

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 08:52:09 PM »
Anyone who grew up on Super Mario 64 should probably check this out:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG4PCVfu4qo

I ordered a N64-style usb controller to play it, doesn't seems like it translates well to playing it on a keyboard
Waiting for that to arrive before I really get into it, but it looks promising