Author Topic: #trendwatch2k17  (Read 90384 times)

m477

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Re: #trendwatch2k17
« Reply #420 on: April 08, 2017, 12:58:10 AM »
I had a pair of airwalks around '95 that had an automotive tire sole (Goodyear?) foot breaking sounded like a car accident tire screech. They were ugly but lasted a long time

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #421 on: April 08, 2017, 05:48:58 AM »
Alamy's got the scoop on Gilbert Crockett's 2017 fit.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #422 on: April 11, 2017, 06:12:07 AM »
I had a pair of airwalks around '95 that had an automotive tire sole (Goodyear?) foot breaking sounded like a car accident tire screech. They were ugly but lasted a long time
etnies is doing a goodyear collab, i wonder if the shoes will produce the same sound you are talking about.

Farty McBoner

• Rep: 2
« Reply #423 on: April 11, 2017, 12:49:36 PM »
Sill have hopes that JNCOs are gonna make a big comeback. I'll be ready

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #424 on: April 11, 2017, 04:34:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
etnies is doing a goodyear collab, i wonder if the shoes will produce the same sound you are talking about.
Pretty sure it's a michelin collab unless they're doing a goodyear one as well.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #425 on: April 11, 2017, 06:13:28 PM »
Ricky O used to rock the fuck out of them (and make them look good). I wanted a pair solely based on that fact

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:23:40 AM by juuhnuuh »

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #427 on: April 12, 2017, 12:17:51 PM »
member when people tried to make tricks look good? bring  that trend back

all this forced/faked sketchyness is fucking stupid

This! I think people are just being over saturated by "weird/trendy" tricks, so you have a bunch of kids hurrying up to learn the new hot trick or adding spins/flips to it without actually trying to do it well.
I've been watching a lot more Tom Asta lately because of that reason, I just wanna see a solid kickflip and some good style.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #428 on: April 12, 2017, 07:55:05 PM »
Expand Quote
member when people tried to make tricks look good? bring?  that trend back

[close]
This! I think people are just being over saturated by "weird/trendy" tricks, so you have a bunch of kids hurrying up to learn the new hot trick or adding spins/flips to it without actually trying to do it well.
I've been watching a lot more Tom Asta lately because of that reason, I just wanna see a solid kickflip and some good style.

you 22-24? no offense, just asking

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #429 on: April 13, 2017, 01:04:17 AM »
Expand Quote
farewwll videos: �

[close]

i like this idea - it's cool to see that al davis left habitat amicably, but i wanna see companies fire shots at people leaving on bad terms with farewell vids, since in 2017 beef is all about airing people out on the 'gram dramatically
The Al Davis vid cracks me up every time

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #430 on: April 13, 2017, 07:58:25 AM »
haha that's awesome

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #431 on: April 13, 2017, 09:21:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I'm 25, good guess.
I really like skating ledges the most, and seeing Tom Asta skate the SM Courthouse in person really got me wanting to slide longer and pop higher. This was a reference to someone current who I'm inspired by.
I know in Slap-world I should be saying Henry Sanchez instead of Tom Asta, but we'vs.

On the contrary, you go down the street to Stoner skatepark and see about 50 kids filming instagram clips that include body varials or flailing tricks hoping to land them. I don't really think that looks good.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #432 on: April 13, 2017, 11:30:38 AM »
Witnessed some of that intentional storking the other day at the park. Not a good look.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #433 on: April 13, 2017, 12:07:12 PM »
Witnessed some of that intentional storking the other day at the park. Not a good look.

Yuck.

I see more and more footage of riding off a curb into a manual trick and then popping/flipping up another curb, I guess that's a growing trend. When Gilbert did it in Propeller that's the first I saw it. It was surprising.

wattscain

« Reply #434 on: April 13, 2017, 12:53:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I'm 25, good guess.
I really like skating ledges the most, and seeing Tom Asta skate the SM Courthouse in person really got me wanting to slide longer and pop higher. This was a reference to someone current who I'm inspired by.
I know in Slap-world I should be saying Henry Sanchez instead of Tom Asta, but we'vs.

On the contrary, you go down the street to Stoner skatepark and see about 50 kids filming instagram clips that include body varials or flailing tricks hoping to land them. I don't really think that looks good.

You don't have to be in your 20's to respect this person's opinion. I'm over 35, remember the good so called good ol days, and I see people like Asta as a direct descendent of people like Henry Sanchez or Hensley in their heyday. As long as street skating became the dominant image of skateboarding, there has always been a place for clean solid tech skaters. All the other trends have moments.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #435 on: April 13, 2017, 01:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
member when people tried to make tricks look good? bring??  that trend back

[close]
[close]

[close]
I'm 25, good guess.

[close]

You don't have to be in your 20's to respect this person's opinion. I'm over 35, remember the good so called good ol days, and I see people like Asta as a direct descendent of people like Henry Sanchez or Hensley in their heyday. As long as street skating became the dominant image of skateboarding, there has always been a place for clean solid tech skaters. All the other trends have moments.

I was not dissing Ian the poster or Asta, I just know what he's thinking because I was that age once and thought the same (and still do) and go fuck yourself lizzie

wattscain

« Reply #436 on: April 13, 2017, 01:35:32 PM »
"Fuck Yourself"? That's a bold statement on the other end of a computer screen. I think you might be a little defensive considering my response was pretty tame with no intention to insult anyone. I must have hit a soft spot

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #437 on: April 13, 2017, 01:47:52 PM »
"Fuck Yourself"? That's a bold statement on the other end of a computer screen. I think you might be a little defensive considering my response was pretty tame with no intention to insult anyone. I must have hit a soft spot

I'd say it to you in person

wattscain

« Reply #438 on: April 13, 2017, 02:00:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No you won't. You'll be sitting on a computer trying to start fake fist fights with people using binary code. Don't flatter yourself

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #439 on: April 13, 2017, 02:53:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
member when people tried to make tricks look good? bring??  that trend back

[close]
[close]

[close]
I'm 25, good guess.

[close]

[close]

I was not dissing Ian the poster or Asta, I just know what he's thinking because I was that age once and thought the same (and still do) and go fuck yourself lizzie
No offense taken, I actually don't really understand what point you're trying to make or what my age has to do with anything. I've been skating for 17 years, and consider myself a pretty big skate nerd, so I'd like to think my references for who I like and what type of skating I think in trendy is pretty on point.

Point is, many kids are copying tricks they see Pro's do... these kids try to learn it so they can post their clip on instagram, their friend wants to be better then them so they add another body varial or shuv in there, then you end up with a bunch of sloppy throw together tricks with no real precision or skill.
For me, the essence of good skateboarding is not only doing hard tricks, but also being able to do them with control and style.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #440 on: April 13, 2017, 03:03:59 PM »
I hope Tom Asta becomes a trend he's amazing.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #441 on: April 13, 2017, 04:28:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No you won't. You'll be sitting on a computer trying to start fake fist fights with people using binary code. Don't flatter yourself

I was taking a nap, so if I said go fuck yourself to your face you'd punch me? okay guy

wattscain

« Reply #442 on: April 13, 2017, 04:38:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I was taking a nap, so if I said go fuck yourself to your face you'd punch me? okay guy
you might as well be talking into a mirror. Have fun being bad on the internet. I only raise my fist to real threats with real consequences. You're just an avatar

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #443 on: April 13, 2017, 04:54:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
you might as well be talking into a mirror. Have fun being bad on the internet. I only raise my fist to real threats with real consequences. You're just an avatar

trend watch, talking to mirrors

fangen

« Reply #444 on: April 14, 2017, 02:33:11 AM »
next year, like march, someone gonna nose grind a food delivery robot mid line.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #445 on: April 14, 2017, 07:22:47 AM »

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #446 on: April 14, 2017, 12:50:29 PM »
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #447 on: April 14, 2017, 08:43:19 PM »
stork
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #448 on: April 15, 2017, 04:22:46 AM »
Makes me wonder what other bird trends are about to kick off, maybe "the magpie" where youre always hoarding shiny objects in your back pack that you pick up at various spots, Bobby Puleo on this one early perhaps

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #449 on: April 15, 2017, 04:37:07 AM »
Makes me wonder what other bird trends are about to kick off, maybe "the magpie" where youre always hoarding shiny objects in your back pack that you pick up at various spots, Bobby Puleo on this one early perhaps

Get familiar with Seagulling