Author Topic: Zero goes solo  (Read 60156 times)

144p

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
Re: Zero goes solo
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2016, 07:36:20 AM »
I am very curious to see how Zero changes after heading out on it's own.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2016, 07:41:45 AM »

low key best photo shop I've seen in awhile

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2016, 08:47:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

low key best photo shop I've seen in awhile

Yeah this was lolz for real.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2016, 08:54:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Turn Franky pro!
[close]

working on it
[close]
and put JS on!!
[close]
and some other canadians.
No. The skateboard industry should have learned its lesson from guys like Paul Machnau, Alex Chalmers, Micky Papa, and a long list of others...nobody gives a shit about Canadians no matter how talented they are.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Mongoloid

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2016, 08:58:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Turn Franky pro!
[close]

working on it
[close]
and put JS on!!
[close]
[close]
No. The skateboard industry should have learned its lesson from guys like Paul Machnau, Alex Chalmers, Micky Papa, and a long list of others...nobody gives a shit about Canadians no matter how talented they are.

Yeah! no one ever gave a single fuck about Rick McCrank.....

Grind King Rims

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2016, 09:13:15 AM »
I want you to print the billy corgan long sleeve

http://zeroskateboards.com/product/army-ls-black/

Not the exact same, but...

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2016, 09:14:28 AM »
JT whatever happened to Slave
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2016, 09:16:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Turn Franky pro!
[close]

working on it
[close]
and put JS on!!
[close]
[close]

Good god. Come on dude get over the smug arbitrary nationalism.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2016, 09:20:31 AM »
I feel like there's two types of Canadian skaters. The ones who end up in digital videos and on the blind team, and the ones who move away from Canada and are able to have a successful skateboard career.

I wish Russ Milligan didn't blow his load early on with a digital part, he could have had something when he got on City/Think but was relegated to the Canadian DVS team shoe wise.

Edit: exception to this rule is Bobby Dekeyzer somehow. McCrank moved to California and started a great career but then moved back to Canada and hasn't had a shoe sponsor since the first downfall of Es. That's not a coincidence.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 09:22:24 AM by doomstation55 »

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2016, 09:28:44 AM »
What's up with that Chris Wimer dude? He's great. Him and Franky should be the next zero push.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2016, 09:29:27 AM »
I feel like there's two types of skaters. The ones who end up in digital videos and on the blind team, and the ones who are able to have a successful skateboard career.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2016, 09:35:28 AM »
I feel like there's two types of Canadian skaters. The ones who end up in digital videos and on the blind team, and the ones who move away from Canada and are able to have a successful skateboard career.

I wish Russ Milligan didn't blow his load early on with a digital part, he could have had something when he got on City/Think but was relegated to the Canadian DVS team shoe wise.

Edit: exception to this rule is Bobby Dekeyzer somehow. McCrank moved to California and started a great career but then moved back to Canada and hasn't had a shoe sponsor since the first downfall of Es. That's not a coincidence.
There are tons of examples of canadian that made it.
What I think Reagan was meaning, is that being canadian is an obstacle to make a great career.
For example, do you think Kevin Terpening or Cooper Wilt would have been pro if they were canadian, while Russ Milligan, Ted Degros and so many other super talented canadian skateboarders struggled?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2016, 10:08:54 AM »
Expand Quote
why, Why, WHY DSM WOOD FOR EUROPE?
[close]

cause it's good and that's what we have in place. have you ridden a zero board from DSM? it's all myself and the team ride & we love them.

I'm bummed we won't have DSM wood  stateside =( I love the wood. I'm in the minority here. I like NHS/DSM wood and hate PS stix (it's heavy and soggy to me). BBS? Generator?

What about Prime/watson/churchill/chapman/pennswoood? Plenty of US options...that would be rad.

Can we get some more Zero P2s now? :P
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:13:59 AM by Xen »

Mongoloid

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2016, 10:19:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
What I think Reagan was meaning, is that being canadian is an obstacle to make a great career.
For example, do you think Kevin Terpening or Cooper Wilt would have been pro if they were canadian, while Russ Milligan, Ted Degros and so many other super talented canadian skateboarders struggled?

You shouldn't give Gipper's statement your own interpretation of context (right or wrong), as you are dampening the entertainment value of his follow up.

Not hating on you Gipp, but you are an overt human ball of hypocrisy. As long as you realize it it's ok.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2016, 10:28:42 AM »
I can't think of a single Canadian who has made an impact on skateboarding. Not one, not a single Canadian in all of skateboarding. They're all no-names and losers with big shirts and phat Circas.

CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2016, 10:30:23 AM »
Lee Yankou is from Canada.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2016, 11:22:58 AM »
That dude that died trying switch front board on el toro was Canadian

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2016, 11:25:31 AM »

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2016, 11:25:43 AM »

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2016, 11:27:15 AM »
I am very curious to see how Zero changes after heading out on it's own.

They won't be a company in a year or two...
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2016, 11:41:33 AM »
Fuck I can't believe I was successfully trolled by The Gip resulting in another thread being derailed.

Please revoke my Pal status, for I am n00b :(

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2016, 01:56:49 PM »

Say again?

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2016, 01:58:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Say again?

Dan Pageau. He's still alive, and will always be alive because legends never die.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2016, 02:17:12 PM »
Isn't Wade Desarmo Canadian? Rick Howard? Ridiculous to write off an entire nation.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2016, 02:25:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

You shouldn't give Gipper's statement your own interpretation of context (right or wrong), as you are dampening the entertainment value of his follow up.

Not hating on you Gipp, but you are an overt human ball of hypocrisy. As long as you realize it it's ok.
How am I hypocritical? I'm not Canadian.

Isn't Wade Desarmo Canadian? Rick Howard? Ridiculous to write off an entire nation.
Yes, Wade Desarmo is Canadian, which actually helps my point, as does the mention of people like Dan Pageau. Great skaters, but most people just don't give a shit.
I agree that its ridiculous to write off an entire nation, unless that nation is Canada.

Lee Yankou is from Canada.
You almost have a point there- Yankou, like others I mentioned, is amazing, but he's been relegated to virtual no-name status because he's Canadian. When he was an impostor American living in SF, he was starting to blow up, but then La Migra kicked his ass out, and BOOM! he got all Canadian again, and people stopped caring aside from the once a year when Canada is cool: The Dime Glory Challenge.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2016, 02:30:35 PM »
Did you get beat down by some GSPs or what??

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2016, 02:32:50 PM »
What is a GSP? A member of the "Golly! So Polite!" crew?

Mongoloid

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2016, 02:35:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
How am I hypocritical? I'm not Canadian.

You criticize those of whom paint with a broad brush, and make generalizations. Then proceed to do that very same thing yourself.

I don't personally care either way, but I do find it kind of funny given your history.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 03:47:47 PM by Mongoloid »

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2016, 02:39:29 PM »
What is a GSP? A member of the "Golly! So Polite!" crew?
lol you're on fire today, keep it up  :D

7 year old

« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2016, 02:44:22 PM »
I can't think of a single Canadian who has made an impact on skateboarding. Not one, not a single Canadian in all of skateboarding. They're all no-names and loosers with big shirts and phat Circas.

I was enjoying this post until the end then it all fell apart.
sincerely,
a canadian looser