Author Topic: Zero goes solo  (Read 60152 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: Zero goes solo
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2016, 03:16:41 PM »
I went to Montreal and fell asleep with my thumb in a girl's butt hole so Canada is fine in my book.

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2016, 03:33:14 PM »
I went to Montreal and fell asleep with my thumb in a girl's butt hole so Canada is fine in my book.

I fell asleep with my face in a girl's ass who was from Montreal. So I guess Montreal butt hole is fine in both our books.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2016, 03:46:02 PM »
Canada produced both Gailea Momolu and Dime, so it's a pretty cool place in my book.
Plus, Trailer Park Boys.
Poutine, too.

Man, fuck you Gip!!!
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2016, 03:55:04 PM »
Fuck trailer park boys, and you wouldn't have passed out if it was good butthole...
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I feel like there's two types of Canadian skaters. The ones who end up in digital videos and on the blind team, and the ones who move away from Canada and are able to have a successful skateboard career.

I wish Russ Milligan didn't blow his load early on with a digital part, he could have had something when he got on City/Think but was relegated to the Canadian DVS team shoe wise.

Edit: exception to this rule is Bobby Dekeyzer somehow. McCrank moved to California and started a great career but then moved back to Canada and hasn't had a shoe sponsor since the first downfall of Es. That's not a coincidence.
[close]
There are tons of examples of canadian that made it.
What I think Reagan was meaning, is that being canadian is an obstacle to make a great career.
For example, do you think Kevin Terpening or Cooper Wilt would have been pro if they were canadian, while Russ Milligan, Ted Degros and so many other super talented canadian skateboarders struggled?
[close]

You shouldn't give Gipper's statement your own interpretation of context (right or wrong), as you are dampening the entertainment value of his follow up.

Not hating on you Gipp, but you are an overt human ball of hypocrisy. As long as you realize it it's ok.
[close]
How am I hypocritical? I'm not Canadian.
[close]

You criticize those of whom paint with a broad brush, and make generalizations. Then proceed to do that very same thing yourself.

I don't personally care either way, but I do find it kind of funny given your history.
um.....no.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

lilpeen

« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2016, 03:59:39 PM »
"Fuck trailer park boys"

What kind of monster are you? Jeez

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 3
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2016, 04:01:25 PM »
More Marisa footage, please.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2016, 04:06:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I fell asleep with my face in a girl's ass who was from Montreal. So I guess Montreal butt hole is fine in both our books.

Was she Asian? Not that it might be the same girl, but it would be cool if yours was too.

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2016, 04:08:52 PM »
That was quite the derailment. Stoked to hear Jamie, grats on the move and as always...good luck. Hyped that you are still taking care of
Windsor. I might need to break out the box set!

lilpeen

« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2016, 04:22:56 PM »
Yeah I could go for a O.G. skull logo hoodie right about now. For old times sake.

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2016, 05:28:50 PM »

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2016, 06:00:54 PM »
Was that a pre-Poo Wizard Keegan Sauder graphic?

shags6

• Rep: -119
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2016, 07:53:32 PM »
Maaaan, I got hyped on this thread's news and went out and bought a zero board. When I was skating home from setting it up at the shop I got caught in a suprise rainstorm. Like there wasnt even a cloud when I left the shop. Fuck, $50 down the drain.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2016, 07:59:11 PM »
Expand Quote
I am very curious to see how Zero changes after heading out on it's own.

[close]

They won't be a company in a year or two...

haha, 20 years deep and i still own it, we're not going anywhere
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2016, 08:00:17 PM »
JT whatever happened to Slave

ben horton runs it on his own; small operation, but only does cool shit
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2016, 08:01:17 PM »
What's up with that Chris Wimer dude? He's great. Him and Franky should be the next zero push.

they are

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2016, 08:04:16 PM »

'best of' part coming soon w some other cool shit

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2016, 08:06:24 PM »
Maaaan, I got hyped on this thread's news and went out and bought a zero board. When I was skating home from setting it up at the shop I got caught in a suprise rainstorm. Like there wasnt even a cloud when I left the shop. Fuck, $50 down the drain.

my board fell in a river a few times a few weeks ago and it's still going, hopefully it's fine

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2016, 08:19:43 PM »

Doesn't she ride Blood Wizard boards now? ask them

lukefromsydney

• Rep: 0
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2016, 09:48:45 PM »
Is there gonna be a DVD, if so, are Garrett and Brass still going to be featured or..
Is that cashmere?

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2016, 10:07:22 PM »
Man, I love it when internet trolls with delusions of grandeur regarding their opinions spout some shit that proves just how clueless they really are. Keep enlightening us Gip, please.

ISUCK - glad to hear Zero is gonna keep on keepin' on. The video was rad. Thanks for the compliment on the Canadian shop tee a month or so ago in east LA - you and I actually shared the cover of a Transworld Business mag in the late 90's, which is a pretty random tidbit of trivia, I suppose. I'll say what's up if I run into ya at Poods before I have to head back north.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2016, 08:52:44 AM »
Canada produced both Gailea Momolu and Dime, so it's a pretty cool place in my book.
Plus, Trailer Park Boys.
Poutine, too.

Man, fuck you Gip!!!
gailea momolu was born in Boston. He's not a real canadian

Dwindle boards are great for the first three days. They go flat and chip up though. It's easy to say the team loves skating the boards, but that's because they're setting up a new one every day/every other day. I used to love Zero shapes and wood. They were good flip trick boards. Admittedly I haven't had one since 2011 though
fuck you bama

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2016, 08:58:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Plus, Trailer Park Boys.
Poutine, too.

Man, fuck you Gip!!!
[close]

Dwindle boards are great for the first three days. They go flat and chip up though. It's easy to say the team loves skating the boards, but that's because they're setting up a new one every day/every other day. I used to love Zero shapes and wood. They were good flip trick boards. Admittedly I haven't had one since 2011 though
Not to mention- despite having a great style, dude didn't have much of a career. My point isn't talent, its marketability. Canadians are the least marketable dudes ever.  The last time viable canadians came on the scene, the "new spot" in Vancouver was still going strong.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2016, 09:02:08 AM »
What about Mexicans though, try to balance your ignorance

shark tits

« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2016, 09:04:08 AM »
yo isuck, i got picked up hitchhiking in jackson ms by some guy w/ cali plates who said he was like a silent partner in original zero. think his name was chris. any truth to that baby back bullshit? i just nodded patronizing cause i didn't wanna loose a ride behind calling bullshit but who knows?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2016, 09:08:45 AM »
Can we just agree Canadians are subhumans at best?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2016, 09:12:42 AM »
Can we just agree Canadians are subhumans at best?
Canada is black friday everyday for yanks, not sure what yall are bitching about!

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2016, 09:25:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Plus, Trailer Park Boys.
Poutine, too.

Man, fuck you Gip!!!
[close]

[close]
Not to mention- despite having a great style, dude didn't have much of a career. My point isn't talent, its marketability. Canadians are the least marketable dudes ever.  The last time viable canadians came on the scene, the "new spot" in Vancouver was still going strong.
canadians can keep lining up to skate for darkstar. I hear they're opening up some new spots on the team
fuck you bama

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2016, 09:36:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Was she Asian? Not that it might be the same girl, but it would be cool if yours was too.

No, but you're right that would have been cool. I like Asian girls and their butt holes.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2016, 09:40:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

No, but you're right that would have been cool. I like Asian girls and their butt holes.

Well let's work this out. She was in Montreal so maybe she's at least a little French. France was occupied by Nazi Germany in WWII and they were allied with Japan and Japanese people are definitely Asian. There you go. Your girl was both Asian and a Nazi sympathizer.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2016, 09:45:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Well let's work this out. She was in Montreal so maybe she's at least a little French. France was occupied by Nazi Germany in WWII and they were allied with Japan and Japanese people are definitely Asian. There you go. Your girl was both Asian and a Nazi sympathizer.

Your story checks out. I'm cool with it.