Author Topic: Zero goes solo  (Read 60144 times)

Righteous Victim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
Re: Zero goes solo
« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2016, 06:15:19 PM »
New page, can we keep the poo to a minimum.

stabbedbywiggers

« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2016, 06:40:40 PM »
R.I.P. page 5, what a page. Brings a tear to my eye  :'(

shit_for_brains

« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2016, 06:48:30 PM »
New page, can we keep the poo to a minimum.

That's code for PM this guy some poo gifs

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2016, 12:44:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Turn Franky pro!
[close]

working on it
[close]
and put JS on!!
[close]
and some other canadians.
[close]
No. The skateboard industry should have learned its lesson from guys like Paul Machnau, Alex Chalmers, Micky Papa, and a long list of others...nobody gives a shit about Canadians no matter how talented they are.
Go fuck yourselves. People have to move for their careers. Glad to know you don't appreciate Apples, Rick Howard or Rick McCrank.

Glad to know a mid-western transplant to cali has the right to judge what's cool and marketable, yet is self-righteous and xenophobic. Maybe I'd be salty if the most famous skaters from my city was Chaz Ortiz (Jon Dickson rips, but I wouldn't call him a beacon of personality).

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2016, 09:58:45 AM »
Is there gonna be a DVD, if so, are Garrett and Brass still going to be featured or..

yes, we're making a 'no cash value' dvd.
garrett's part will be in it and brass' might be hidden somewhere
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2016, 10:01:53 AM »
yo isuck, i got picked up hitchhiking in jackson ms by some guy w/ cali plates who said he was like a silent partner in original zero. think his name was chris. any truth to that baby back bullshit? i just nodded patronizing cause i didn't wanna loose a ride behind calling bullshit but who knows?

if his name was chad driving a toyota pick up, then yes; it was truth
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2016, 10:07:49 AM »
I think this is really great. I'm not that stoked on europe still being DSM but I'll support Zero forever, we grew up on that shit. I wish you all the best Jamie.

thanks dude

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #157 on: December 03, 2016, 10:09:05 AM »
page 5 got heavy

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #158 on: December 03, 2016, 10:10:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
why, Why, WHY DSM WOOD FOR EUROPE?
[close]

cause it's good and that's what we have in place. have you ridden a zero board from DSM? it's all myself and the team ride & we love them.
[close]

Do you all ride the impact plus or just the regular resin 7 DSM boards?

a few people ride impacts, but most everyone rides the resin 7 boards

shark tits

« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2016, 10:17:45 AM »
Expand Quote
yo isuck, i got picked up hitchhiking in jackson ms by some guy w/ cali plates who said he was like a silent partner in original zero. think his name was chris. any truth to that baby back bullshit? i just nodded patronizing cause i didn't wanna loose a ride behind calling bullshit but who knows?
[close]

if his name was chad driving a toyota pick up, then yes; it was truth
man, have i got egg on my face! thanks for the ride, chad.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2016, 01:11:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think this is really great. I'm not that stoked on europe still being DSM but I'll support Zero forever, we grew up on that shit. I wish you all the best Jamie.
[close]

Is this an Asian butthole thing? Can someone confirm this?
[close]
DSM stands for DookieSmotheredMen, so yes, confirmed. I think jamie is hiding something. Zero actually means 0, which is shaped like a butthole, so something fishy is going on. Im connecting the pieces, and you cant hide from your real intentions jamie. Jamie Thomas is asian butthole obsessed, and this is confirmed by my cousin who is a high up a Zero HQ, he works in sales. Wait untill the full story drops. Jamie has been into asian buttholes since 96'.

Bobby really gets to you guys huh??

Mongoloid

« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2016, 06:35:37 PM »
page 5 got heavy

So much love for the acknowledgement of page 5!

Also the two Zero boards I've skated in the past year were excellent, and had great shape & pop. Don't let the Dwindle thing put you off folks.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2016, 07:25:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
why, Why, WHY DSM WOOD FOR EUROPE?
[close]

cause it's good and that's what we have in place. have you ridden a zero board from DSM? it's all myself and the team ride & we love them.
[close]

Do you all ride the impact plus or just the regular resin 7 DSM boards?
[close]

a few people ride impacts, but most everyone rides the resin 7 boards

Thanks Jamie! Hopefully I can give Zero a try. Excited to see what you can do on you own with all your energy just focused on Zero. Best of luck!
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

stabbedbywiggers

« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2016, 08:17:11 PM »
Yeah dont blow it dude!

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2016, 09:17:17 PM »
we are setting up a small operation to sell & distribute Zero independently in the new year.
our goal is to focus on doing things small and well by servicing the best accounts and distributors. we'd like to continue to use dsm (dwindle) as our board manufacturer for the intl. market and we're setting up manufacturing for north america in the US & mexico.

the dwindle staff is amazing and they have been very supportive, but zero is small and what makes the most sense for us is to be independent and connect with the shops, distributors & end customers directly that appreciate the brand and it's history.

if you're a shop or distributor and would like to get set up to order zero directly, please send your email to: [email protected]
below is the message that dwindle sent out last week. obviously, feel free to talk shit, give your 2 cents/advice or ignore this post -jt

"This message is to act as a notice of change to the working relationship between Zero Skateboards and Dwindle Distribution. After the end of the initial term of the license/distribution agreement between Zero and Dwindle, Jamie Thomas has decided to run the brand independently. He will be setting up his offices in Carlsbad, California. Dwindle will continue to sell and deliver all Zero product until Jan 15th 2017."

Hell yeah.  Thank you. Can't wait to support the brand again. Hopefully by "going small" that you guys follow the blueprint Dill and AVE laid out with FA and only put out shit that fits your image. No more gimmicky mall stuff. Early Zero was one the best things to happen to skateboarding. Hopefully you go that direction again.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 09:23:17 PM by brwrxstl »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2016, 11:16:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Turn Franky pro!
[close]

working on it
[close]
and put JS on!!
[close]
[close]
No. The skateboard industry should have learned its lesson from guys like Paul Machnau, Alex Chalmers, Micky Papa, and a long list of others...nobody gives a shit about Canadians no matter how talented they are.
[close]
Go fuck yourselves. People have to move for their careers. Glad to know you don't appreciate Apples, Rick Howard or Rick McCrank.

Glad to know a mid-western transplant to cali has the right to judge what's cool and marketable, yet is self-righteous and xenophobic. Maybe I'd be salty if the most famous skaters from my city was Chaz Ortiz (Jon Dickson rips, but I wouldn't call him a beacon of personality).
Howard and McCrank fall under "new spot era."
That's a cute obsession you have with me. You know whats funny? I don't know or care about a single detail in your life, but I'm assuming you are some loser who has lived in the same fucking town his whole life, and thinks his provincial life is something to be proud of. Do you seriously think moving across the country to go to college is something bad? If so, that's pretty pathetic. "Ah jus werk in duh factury muh dad werked in, can't figuuur why people move." I'll take it you are indigenous Canadian? Live in Nunavut? hahahahahaha. loser.
Also, I'm not xenophobic. There are tons of great skaters from Brazil, Australia, Europe, and other places. The land of tall tees has produced plenty of good skaters, its just that none of them are marketable, which is why no matter how talented they are, nobody cares.
Example: JS whatever his name is that people in this thread are demanding Jamie put on. Who? And who cares?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2016, 11:32:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Turn Franky pro!
[close]

working on it
[close]
and put JS on!!
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Howard and McCrank fall under "new spot era."
That's a cute obsession you have with me. You know whats funny? I don't know or care about a single detail in your life, but I'm assuming you are some loser who has lived in the same fucking town his whole life, and thinks his provincial life is something to be proud of. Do you seriously think moving across the country to go to college is something bad? If so, that's pretty pathetic. "Ah jus werk in duh factury muh dad werked in, can't figuuur why people move." I'll take it you are indigenous Canadian? Live in Nunavut? hahahahahaha. loser.
Also, I'm not xenophobic. There are tons of great skaters from Brazil, Australia, Europe, and other places. The land of tall tees has produced plenty of good skaters, its just that none of them are marketable, which is why no matter how talented they are, nobody cares.
Example: JS whatever his name is that people in this thread are demanding Jamie put on. Who? And who cares?

I wish u and your neo-liberal-core-marketing-realpolitik posts would just fuck off to some forum where everyone agrees w/ u.
closet sellout and nothing in the post above or reply u make is not gonna make u look like a xenofobe
'there a re tons of great skaters outside of america'  <<<< thx for sharing dweeb

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2016, 06:56:35 PM »
Who are you talking to? Neoliberal? Sell out? Sell out to who exactly? You seem really confused. Call me xenophobic if you want, I don't get why pointing out that skateboarders from Canada aren't very marketable is xenophobic, especially when I've pointed out many nations that have marketable skate cultures. Y'all are claiming people like appleyard- a dude who won soty THIRTEEN YEARS AGO and has sucked since as a reason Canadians are hip and current.

asakusa75

« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2016, 09:06:55 PM »
Who are you talking to? Neoliberal? Sell out? Sell out to who exactly? You seem really confused. Call me xenophobic if you want, I don't get why pointing out that skateboarders from Canada aren't very marketable is xenophobic, especially when I've pointed out many nations that have marketable skate cultures. Y'all are claiming people like appleyard- a dude who won soty THIRTEEN YEARS AGO and has sucked since as a reason Canadians are hip and current.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... slow down a bit there buddy.

Once again, I would like to put this on the table, as evidence that Appleyard does not suck.
Mark Appleyard - Element Soul Rebel
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 09:13:27 PM by asakusa75 »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2016, 10:15:12 PM »
yeah, element is past meh these days and "soul rebel" is a terrible name but if you're in your mid 30s and you can even do a 10th of those tricks you definitely do not suck

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2016, 04:45:15 AM »
Y'all are claiming people like appleyard- a dude who won soty THIRTEEN YEARS AGO and has sucked since as a reason Canadians are hip and current.
Maybe you're just out of touch with modern Canadian skating but, there is a bunch of young crews, putting out some of the best stuff in skating right now, Check these out if you're actually interested

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYlsonalz5Q

www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6L-OxCDD7Y
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NECwo1WMVw4

www.vimeo.com/189277814

www.vimeo.com/165233894

https://kingshitmag.com/articles/2691-the-duluth-video-full-video

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 05:01:15 AM by perverted super otaku! »

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2016, 05:08:48 AM »

Dime is pretty hip.

I agree with you though. RDS was Canada for a while and who ever gave a fuck?

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2016, 05:10:12 AM »
On Zero though I wish it only the best.

Dying to live was one of my first videos and I'm still hyped on it.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2016, 10:00:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Once again, I would like to put this on the table, as evidence that Appleyard does not suck.
He doesn't suck entirely, maybe that's an exaggeration, but dude clearly is not nearly as progressive as he once was. This part shows he definitely isn't as good as he used to be though. 

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2016, 10:14:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
He doesn't suck entirely, maybe that's an exaggeration, but dude clearly is not nearly as progressive as he once was. This part shows he definitely isn't as good as he used to be though.? 

That part is still really really good, all the slo-mo doesn't even bother me. I'd skate an Appleyard 8.25 board without embarrassment.

ThrillOfItAll

• Rep: -47
  • Stomp It
    • Skate Blog avatar image
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2016, 01:00:51 PM »
Yo JT, whos distributing Zero in the UK now?

If you want to start small again, lets set up Misled Dist! I got a few heads to flow, got a clip to film, B&W London night mission - Zero Bold decks and tees ya get me cheif???

All the best with Zero! keeping the dream and memories alive!

PS - Thill of it all was what got me into skating so thanks for the good times!
Time To Play The Game

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2016, 02:08:11 PM »
Yo JT, whos distributing Zero in the UK now?

If you want to start small again, lets set up Misled Dist! I got a few heads to flow, got a clip to film, B&W London night mission - Zero Bold decks and tees ya get me cheif???

All the best with Zero! keeping the dream and memories alive!

PS - Thill of it all was what got me into skating so thanks for the good times!

Slap message boards power moves.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2016, 05:55:53 PM »
I feel like a Zero renaissance is coming honestly. With guys like franky villani, chris wimer, etc and big skating getting kind of popular again (not that it went away) with kyle walker winning SOTY and stuff, I think Zero is in a good place.

If my local carried zero I'd pick one up for my next board. If they had 8.63+

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

jshnrz

• Rep: 0
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2016, 09:43:10 PM »
cobra never gave you a call now that your back on your own feet? heck, one reason of him leaving zero going corpo and all right? anyways, tight to see the current riders :D grew up seeing lopez, stoked to see a full part of him soon and zero with the classic vibe.

cheers for more years! blessings.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2016, 11:01:41 PM »
imagine how horrified the priest is going to be now that jamie has to go to confession.

He's not even Catholic