Author Topic: Zero goes solo  (Read 60162 times)

256 Ply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Zero goes solo
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2016, 01:12:54 AM »
we'd like to continue to use dsm (dwindle) as our board manufacturer for the intl. market and we're setting up manufacturing for north america in the US & mexico.

cause it's good and that's what we have in place. have you ridden a zero board from DSM? it's all myself and the team ride & we love them.

Hey Jamie- Curious to know why you aren't using DSM for North America if DSM is the team's preferred wood?

ThrillOfItAll

• Rep: -47
  • Stomp It
    • Skate Blog avatar image
« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2016, 05:10:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Yo JT, whos distributing Zero in the UK now?

If you want to start small again, lets set up Misled Dist! I got a few heads to flow, got a clip to film, B&W London night mission - Zero Bold decks and tees ya get me cheif???

All the best with Zero! keeping the dream and memories alive!

PS - Thill of it all was what got me into skating so thanks for the good times!
[close]

Slap message boards power moves.

Hahaha

Whoops!
Time To Play The Game

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2016, 05:42:01 AM »
Expand Quote
we'd like to continue to use dsm (dwindle) as our board manufacturer for the intl. market and we're setting up manufacturing for north america in the US & mexico.
[close]

Expand Quote
cause it's good and that's what we have in place. have you ridden a zero board from DSM? it's all myself and the team ride & we love them.
[close]

Hey Jamie- Curious to know why you aren't using DSM for North America if DSM is the team's preferred wood?
It's probably hurting sales, due to a baseless yet commonly held belief that DSM/Chinese made boards are inferior, when in fact they are stiffer and longer lasting, true to shape, and free of the manufacturing defects(misldrilled holes) that plague other mfgs

BMCsteve

« Reply #183 on: December 06, 2016, 07:49:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It's probably hurting sales, due to a baseless yet commonly held belief that DSM/Chinese made boards are inferior, when in fact they are stiffer and longer lasting, true to shape, and free of the manufacturing defects(misldrilled holes) that plague other mfgs

Totally agree.  DSM is great wood but because it says "Make in China" people disregard it.  They have probably the best quality control and manufacturing in skating.

On another note, I'm stoked about this whole thing and will buy a board from the first run

ThrillOfItAll

• Rep: -47
  • Stomp It
    • Skate Blog avatar image
« Reply #184 on: December 06, 2016, 09:10:53 AM »
DSM boards are sick! They hold shape, feel solid and snappy and they are a good price!

Just look at Palace - DSM boards - ?40-45. Most US boards are ?55-60

As skateboarders we tend to be full of shit when it comes to common sense. Lets face it, We are destoying someone else's property when skating street and DSM boards from China are good for the industry.
Time To Play The Game

stabbedbywiggers

« Reply #185 on: December 06, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »
Starting to like this more and more. It would be nice to go to the shop and see zero decks, like I used to. Instead of all these new hip companys like isle, vase, ceramic, penis, etc. covering the wall. Like I dunno even know what half the shit is now when I go to the shop. So much has slipped by me since I dropped my thrasher sub years ago.

Would by a zero, but nah Ill just keep nagging people for their old decks at the park.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #186 on: December 06, 2016, 10:53:06 AM »
if I were to give any advice (and my opinion is probably shit), but I'd say to really focus on the fact that every shop is different.  A lot of companies that want you to go direct with them, tend to try and get shops to take a baker's dozen on boards, etc. and sometimes thats more than they can afford, or takes up too much space on the wall.  The little shop in the middle of nowhere is as important as the most famous shops, even if they don't buy as much product. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #187 on: December 06, 2016, 01:36:52 PM »
DSM boards are sick! They hold shape, feel solid and snappy and they are a good price!

Just look at Palace - DSM boards - ?40-45. Most US boards are ?55-60

As skateboarders we tend to be full of shit when it comes to common sense. Lets face it, We are destoying someone else's property when skating street and DSM boards from China are good for the industry.
Same deal here, Dwindle brands 15-20 bucks cheaper than DLX brands, actually kind of bummed about Zero moving to BBS, as they and Cliche were my favorite brands using DSM Resin-7's, one resin 7 every drop would be dope, use bareback and wherever else for the rest and I think everyone can find a zero to roll with and enjoy

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2016, 05:03:54 PM »
why wouldnt you just try to set a president with keeping the wood what you guys like to skate and keep it cost effective. also does canada count are NA or INTL? because with every brand and mfg it seems to be different.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #189 on: December 06, 2016, 05:16:27 PM »

Thanks Jamie! Hopefully I can give Zero a try. Excited to see what you can do on you own with all your energy just focused on Zero. Best of luck!
thanks dude!

Hell yeah. �Thank you. Can't wait to support the brand again. Hopefully by "going small" that you guys follow the blueprint Dill and AVE laid out with FA and only put out shit that fits your image. No more gimmicky mall stuff. Early Zero was one the best things to happen to skateboarding. Hopefully you go that direction again.
haha, yeah we've reissued all the OG shit this year for our 20 yr because it has always been our favorite. our goal is to focus on that aspect of our brand and create new shit that combines that history w a fresh perspective. should at least be interesting...

On Zero though I wish it only the best.
Dying to live was one of my first videos and I'm still hyped on it.
mucho love!

He doesn't suck entirely, maybe that's an exaggeration, but dude clearly is not nearly as progressive as he once was. This part shows he definitely isn't as good as he used to be though.�
not sure anyone can sustain the level they were at during their peak except for daewon & guy...

Expand Quote
Y'all are claiming people like appleyard- a dude who won soty THIRTEEN YEARS AGO and has sucked since as a reason Canadians are hip and current.
[close]
Maybe you're just out of touch with modern Canadian skating but, there is a bunch of young crews, putting out some of the best stuff in skating right now, Check these out if you're actually interested
some of my favorite skateboarders are from other countries, but i think what gipper's trying to say is that since the majority of skateboarders are from the US it's harder for the general skate population to relate to people from other countries...

i love the canadians that have ridden for zero throughout theyears; keegan, tancowny, smith & js...

Yo JT, whos distributing Zero in the UK now?
If you want to start small again, lets set up Misled Dist! I got a few heads to flow, got a clip to film, B&W London night mission - Zero Bold decks and tees ya get me cheif???

All the best with Zero! keeping the dream and memories alive!

PS - Thill of it all was what got me into skating so thanks for the good times!
you might be onto something

I feel like a Zero renaissance is coming honestly. With guys like franky villani, chris wimer, etc and big skating getting kind of popular again (not that it went away) with kyle walker winning SOTY and stuff, I think Zero is in a good place.

If my local carried zero I'd pick one up for my next board. If they had 8.63+
we'll have 8.625's on the zero site in a few weeks.

we may have a unique opportunity to be involved w a new woodshop in the US, which will help us get boards made on a short time frame for collabs, small runs & limited stuff for the zero site. i feel like, now that the business in entirely our hands, local & purposeful is a dream worth chasing.

On another note, I'm stoked about this whole thing and will buy a board from the first run
cheers

if I were to give any advice (and my opinion is probably shit), but I'd say to really focus on the fact that every shop is different.� A lot of companies that want you to go direct with them, tend to try and get shops to take a baker's dozen on boards, etc. and sometimes thats more than they can afford, or takes up too much space on the wall.� The little shop in the middle of nowhere is as important as the most famous shops, even if they don't buy as much product.�
i agree and back your advice 100%
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #190 on: December 06, 2016, 05:17:56 PM »
Have you ever done cocaine?

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2016, 05:20:06 PM »
out of an asisns butthole
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2016, 05:21:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
why wouldnt you just try to set a president with keeping the wood what you guys like to skate and keep it cost effective. also does canada count are NA or INTL? because with every brand and mfg it seems to be different.

i haven't been on the business side of things for a while and i want to try some new shit; explore, experiment and basically do shit that makes sense to me now rather than following a formula that used to work; NA includes canada
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2016, 05:23:04 PM »
Have you ever done cocaine?

i have not, never even been offered it; i'm a nerd huh

shark tits

« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2016, 05:32:21 PM »
yo isuck, paul d'ianno or bruce dickinson?
you've been on the cutting edge of sponsoring the rippingest girls in town [marissa/elissa] do you have your eyes on any hot young talent these days?

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2016, 05:41:07 PM »
you've been on the cutting edge of sponsoring the rippingest girls in town [marissa/elissa] do you have your eyes on any hot young talent these days?

apples & oranges; first album if i had to pick
nah, i don't profile who we're trying to hook up. you think there's a chick out there that would fit zero?

shark tits

« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2016, 05:43:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nah, i don't profile who we're trying to hook up. you think there's a chick out there that would fit zero?

i don't offhand but usually i learn of em through you/toy machine. for sure letcha know if i see one. i agree w/ iron maiden/iron maiden all day even though your wth song worked really well.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2016, 05:48:41 PM »
Tell us a good Wade Burkitt story!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shit_for_brains

« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2016, 06:19:44 PM »
One time I spent all day with Jamie then afterwards I went and did cocaine/two chicks at the same time so transitive property blahblahblah Jamie isn't a nerd.

neil.

« Reply #199 on: December 06, 2016, 06:39:51 PM »
will it be avail thru a dist in canada (centre) or.....?

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2016, 06:53:46 PM »
i ollied a 6 before, can i get on flow? but on the real any 875+'s in the future? 8.62 is cool but that dont fit my thunder 151's

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2016, 07:03:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea. Umm think her name is "Marisa Dal Santo"

For real she was unbelievable. If I'm talking to Jamie Thomas thanks for years of footage (behind the lens and skating) since some Invisible video I got as a kid

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2016, 07:23:17 PM »
Can you bring back the 8.5 cole shallow grave shape? I can't find it anywhere and thats my favorite shape

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2016, 08:21:23 PM »
why didnt JS get fully on? seemed like a perfect match

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2016, 08:34:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lil nice girl if you can get her to change her name to lil mean girl  ;)

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2016, 12:06:20 AM »

yeah, but we don't have it sorted yet; who's your fav

i ollied a 6 before, can i get on flow? but on the real any 875+'s in the future? 8.62 is cool but that dont fit my thunder 151's
i ride 8.5 and thunder 151's, but yeah we have 8.625 egg shapes

Can you bring back the 8.5 cole shallow grave shape? I can't find it anywhere and thats my favorite shape
we have that shape; it's our staple 8.5

why didnt JS get fully on? seemed like a perfect match
hopefully it'll happen soon, hes' filming a part

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2016, 03:15:13 AM »
I just checked some of the graphics and they look pretty good. I grow up with zero, but never could afford one. Maybe now is the moment to get my first zero. Whats the WB on the 8,25 x 31.9 shape ?

neil.

« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2016, 04:49:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, but we don't have it sorted yet; who's your fav

centre would be sweet.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2016, 06:45:59 AM »
yo isuck, do you like me?

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2016, 06:53:05 AM »
Can you make a 9" American Zero popsicle special for me ?