Author Topic: Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency / Blockchain  (Read 4738 times)

GadNZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency / Blockchain
« on: November 30, 2016, 12:37:11 AM »
Hi

Just wondering if anybody here uses/trades Bitcoin or is interested in Blockchain technology?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Re: Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency / Blockchain
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 01:17:19 AM »
Depends what you're selling.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 01:17:36 AM »
PM me.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 04:16:36 AM »
I trade using strictly Farmville gift cards.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 09:41:50 AM »
It's the only way to pay for high powered research chemicals.

lilpeen

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 10:05:18 AM »

I have a guy with a CC processor.

Got some etizolam Ill trade for BTC or parts while were on the subject. ITS LEGAL BRO

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 01:19:54 PM »
Is this code for dog drugs?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 01:58:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Shhhhh?PM me for dog drugs hook ups.

lilpeen

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 02:20:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
http://www.1800petmeds.com/Tramadol-prod11064.html

rathernotwalk

• Rep: 1
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 03:57:08 PM »
Block chain is pretty interesting, can't say I fully understand it but I wouldn't be surprised to see it more and more in the future. Bitcoin is an enormous pain in the ass but I've ordered a few things online that required bitcoin or mailing cash

GadNZ

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 11:11:43 PM »
Block chain is pretty interesting, can't say I fully understand it but I wouldn't be surprised to see it more and more in the future. Bitcoin is an enormous pain in the ass but I've ordered a few things online that required bitcoin or mailing cash

Why is it a pain in the ass?

Yea it definitely took a bit of reading and youtubing to wrap my head around what Blockchain is.

It's being tipped off as one of the most disruptive technologies of our time. I was at a Singularity University conference few weeks back and to have some of these genius speakers constantly mention it and the possible use case scenarios was just amazing. From education to law to finance to government... so many industries can be affected by it.

GadNZ

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 11:13:47 PM »

haha not selling anything.

Have become very interested in Blockchain both from the technology and investment point of view and was wondering if pals are too.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 05:57:28 AM »
Some friends and I have been considering a fintech startup as of late. One option involved blockchain as a means of securing collateral loans between financial institutions. As we were fleshing out the idea, an established company in the space launched the same concept. So we've moved on to a different idea.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 08:12:22 AM »
interested, but haven't moved on investing.

lilpeen

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 08:59:27 AM »
Its too late to invest, unless you wanna throw a couple grand into BTC. I do think it will move up past $1000 though. But yeah I thought it was a revolutionary thing that would disrupt paper fiat money, but really it is just online fiat money, and I ended up with a drug habit instead of investment riches. I got into it when it was 200-300 then soared past 1000, still spent it on drugs. All this encryption technology is good though.

lilpeen

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 09:01:11 AM »
But I think there is a movie coming out about this type of thing, I forget what its called, so buy buy buy before the movie comes out.

Yeah I think its about that Ross dude and O.G. silk road, so buy that this as soon as you see commercials for it. I mean it has been moving up slowly for the last few months anyway. Nothing wrong with throwing 10 buck in, maybe turn it into 100, who knows.

BTC is also great for gambling, but you need to use a VPN. Ive came up big and lost hard, so thats not for me anymore.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 09:23:51 AM by littlepeen »

rathernotwalk

• Rep: 1
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 06:25:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea it definitely took a bit of reading and youtubing to wrap my head around what Blockchain is.

It's being tipped off as one of the most disruptive technologies of our time. I was at a Singularity University conference few weeks back and to have some of these genius speakers constantly mention it and the possible use case scenarios was just amazing. From education to law to finance to government... so many industries can be affected by it.

The first time I bought it online and it took like a week to get, the second time I used an ATM and for a moment thought I lost $100 while I county figure out how to spend it. Funny enough, as confusing as the whole thing is, it's suppose to be a fail safe record of what ever you're recording ie currency, certificates, land deeds

doublesteveburger

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 08:49:00 PM »

GadNZ

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 09:04:51 PM »
Its too late to invest, unless you wanna throw a couple grand into BTC. I do think it will move up past $1000 though. But yeah I thought it was a revolutionary thing that would disrupt paper fiat money, but really it is just online fiat money, and I ended up with a drug habit instead of investment riches. I got into it when it was 200-300 then soared past 1000, still spent it on drugs. All this encryption technology is good though.

I tend to challenge people on that. I remember sitting in my room seeing the price at $140 and I told my self it was too late, fast forward year(s) later - "$400! I've missed the boat" - "$600!! I've totally missed the boat now" and it's now at $750 and no current sign of it slowing down.

If this is the thing that could disrupt so many industries and the BTC being the gateway to most other cryprocurrencies then who's to say it's not going to exponentially keep increasing. You are also able to long/short bitcoin aswell, as you would with normal fiat and make money that way if you speculate right.

GadNZ

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 09:12:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The first time I bought it online and it took like a week to get, the second time I used an ATM and for a moment thought I lost $100 while I county figure out how to spend it. Funny enough, as confusing as the whole thing is, it's suppose to be a fail safe record of what ever you're recording ie currency, certificates, land deeds

You're right. This stuff is being used now!! The Ghanaian Government trialing it to keep track of their land deeds. Google BenBen blockchain if interested.

Universities are also giving it a go. Students set exams on computers > Their mark goes on the blockchain > done safe and secure. No need for admin or manual data entry of marks into computer systems.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 05:46:24 AM »
this whole blockchain concept is a bit new to me, so this might be outlandish, but, could it also be used for information storage? specifically, i'm wondering if it could be used to store historical facts so they can not be altered, obscured, or inflated down the line. could be used for world history, theological history, skate history, etc.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2016, 04:25:26 PM »
I was super intrigued by bitcoin in the beginning. My brother had thousands of them and just completely lost track, back when they were worth fractions of a penny. I'm sure he's kicking himself now!

I bought some on Coinbase a year or two ago but ended up selling when it stayed stagnant for so long and I needed some money. Wish I didn't miss the boat on it, because I feel like it's plateaued.

Espressoman

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2018, 11:34:54 AM »
Hi! I'm using some blockchain techs for my business, well, how to say, I'm working with emercoin blockchain and using their SSL certificate based on blockchain technology for my site. It has some security and cost benefits in comparison with regular SSL. You can visit their site, maybe you will find some interesting stuff based on blockchain for yourself.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2018, 06:12:26 PM »
No thanks, I bury my money in the yard like any normal red blooded, God fearing American SHOULD.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2018, 10:09:47 PM »
Hi! I'm using some blockchain techs for my business, well, how to say, I'm working with emercoin blockchain and using their SSL certificate based on blockchain technology for my site. It has some security and cost benefits in comparison with regular SSL. You can visit their site, maybe you will find some interesting stuff based on blockchain for yourself.

Sure! I'll pay in Enron stock.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2018, 06:53:28 AM »
No thanks, I bury my money in the yard like any normal red blooded, God fearing American SHOULD.

You need gold bricks hemmie.

Gentleman ninja warlock