Author Topic: Krux K4's  (Read 9433 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Krux K4's
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 03:01:42 PM »
Had to bump this because of my recent situation. Been contemplating to buy a pair of k4s for like a year and a half now, and I finally pulled the trigger just this week. Got em in the mail and they looked really high quality right off the bat. I was eager to try these so called "best cushions in the world" or whatever but  when I got to breaking them in (which some claim takes no time at all) they felt like complete shit. I thought, "oh well just keep skating them, they'll break in soon!) Nope. Been 4 days of trying to break in these trucks and no results. I tried to ride them as loose as possible, yet they still won't really turn. They'll feel wobbly like loose trucks should, but then they'll have a terribly wide and slow turning radius. I'm at a loss now, anyone know any good combos of bushings for krux? Indy super softs? Bones? There's no way I'm riding the same revered bushings everyone seems to swear by.
How cold is it where you are? Since temperatures have dropped, bushings are going to be wonky if it's really cold where you're at.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2016, 04:14:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Had to bump this because of my recent situation. Been contemplating to buy a pair of k4s for like a year and a half now, and I finally pulled the trigger just this week. Got em in the mail and they looked really high quality right off the bat. I was eager to try these so called "best cushions in the world" or whatever but  when I got to breaking them in (which some claim takes no time at all) they felt like complete shit. I thought, "oh well just keep skating them, they'll break in soon!) Nope. Been 4 days of trying to break in these trucks and no results. I tried to ride them as loose as possible, yet they still won't really turn. They'll feel wobbly like loose trucks should, but then they'll have a terribly wide and slow turning radius. I'm at a loss now, anyone know any good combos of bushings for krux? Indy super softs? Bones? There's no way I'm riding the same revered bushings everyone seems to swear by.
[close]
How cold is it where you are? Since temperatures have dropped, bushings are going to be wonky if it's really cold where you're at.
It's been about 45 degrees or so here. Not cold enough to mess with my bushings I don't think. But I did remove the bottom washer and they feel slightly better.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2016, 04:19:39 PM »
Breaking in new trucks is never fun I don't care what bushings you got

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2016, 09:10:17 PM »

IMO Krux are unstable and still won't really turn. Not good at all. Even Krux bushings in Aces I didn't like at all really. Tried the Krux' with stock bushings, Bones mediums and hards & Indy stock. Just couldn't get them to how I like my trucks, so I got Aces instead and have been happy with those.

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2016, 10:39:56 PM »
It's been about 45 degrees or so here. Not cold enough to mess with my bushings I don't think. But I did remove the bottom washer and they feel slightly better.

At 50 degrees I'm safe but at 45 my bushings can get hard depending on the other conditions. If its windy mine harden and I swear cloudiness makes a difference compared to sunny skies. I love my K4s so hopefully your situation improves.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2016, 01:55:23 AM »
Should've bought some Ace's if you're trying to get all turney.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2016, 05:49:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I'm from Long Island, and the cold was giving my new bushings some issues as well. However, I'm a terrible person and I leave my board in the car like a doofus.

They might take a bit given the weather, but they'll probably work themselves out in time.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2016, 07:55:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Had to bump this because of my recent situation. Been contemplating to buy a pair of k4s for like a year and a half now, and I finally pulled the trigger just this week. Got em in the mail and they looked really high quality right off the bat. I was eager to try these so called "best cushions in the world" or whatever but  when I got to breaking them in (which some claim takes no time at all) they felt like complete shit. I thought, "oh well just keep skating them, they'll break in soon!) Nope. Been 4 days of trying to break in these trucks and no results. I tried to ride them as loose as possible, yet they still won't really turn. They'll feel wobbly like loose trucks should, but then they'll have a terribly wide and slow turning radius. I'm at a loss now, anyone know any good combos of bushings for krux? Indy super softs? Bones? There's no way I'm riding the same revered bushings everyone seems to swear by.
[close]
[close]
[close]

I'm from Long Island, and the cold was giving my new bushings some issues as well. However, I'm a terrible person and I leave my board in the car like a doofus.

They might take a bit given the weather, but they'll probably work themselves out in time.

Grew up out there, skated through some damn bitter cold winters...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:59:23 AM by Xen »

MonistatOne

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2016, 09:15:19 AM »
My only gripe with Krux (aside from kingpin hangup) is how the hanger yoke doesn't sit flush on the bottom bushing without tightening the kingpin nut some. I take that as a sign of bad geometry. Never had that on a pair of indys/thunders.

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2016, 01:12:25 PM »
My only gripe with Krux (aside from kingpin hangup) is how the hanger yoke doesn't sit flush on the bottom bushing without tightening the kingpin nut some. I take that as a sign of bad geometry. Never had that on a pair of indys/thunders.

Really? But my pairs were always super good in the kingpin clearance and the yokes were always flush. It was just the pivot stem that isn't tight in the pivot cup, if you rode too loose it could pop out
yes