Author Topic: Terry Kennedy & Dee Ostrander: Weekend Buzz Season 3, ep. 119 pt. 1,2,3  (Read 12277 times)

Stoop Kid 2.0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
Re: Terry Kennedy & Dee Ostrander: Weekend Buzz Season 3, ep. 119 pt. 1,2
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2016, 06:29:35 AM »
Quitting story was hilarious. 2 years until Baker 4?

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2016, 07:39:52 AM »
that was good.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2016, 11:45:12 AM »
Low key frustrated what the fuck does that mean... TK doesn't look like he is telling the true story.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2016, 02:08:14 PM »
Terry had a hissy fit and nobody involved took him seriously basically. He seems like a great guy, but getting sponsored at like 12 and getting rich and never going  to school and being raised by 2001 Andrew Reynolds and fucking Beagle* would probably arrest some development. I was going to be meaner but I watched the karmaloops video they talked about and I like him now.

I also like Dee Ostrander? Both of their skating bores the shit out of me but my skating would give them cancer so who cares.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2016, 02:50:58 PM »
Low key frustrated what the fuck does that mean... TK doesn't look like he is telling the true story.
he was frustrated because he wanted to get mad at the nigga negotiating his deals. however, the nigga negotiating his deals was himself, which caused a inner conflict.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2016, 03:17:52 PM »
It was hilarious because he had a temper tantrum about a video part and didn't take into consideration the fact that his video part will be overlooked due to the simplicity of his tricks. But yeah 2 years till Baker 4 seems quite long, they haven't put a edit out since rowans pro part?

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2016, 06:01:54 PM »
To be honest it's not like people are begging for the next TK part. Him releasing his footage in the crazy year that was 2016 would have been easily forgotten.

I also don't think that the real reason he quit those 5 min. I wonder hows he's going to handle being let go in the future if he's over here having a fit for supposedly Baker not releasing a part when he wants.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2016, 01:48:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
he was frustrated because he wanted to get mad at the nigga negotiating his deals. however, the nigga negotiating his deals was himself, which caused a inner conflict.
Perfect!

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2016, 07:03:20 PM »
Sounds like a way to save face. It's not exactly like he's been super productive and Baker is just holding him back.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2016, 10:51:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It was hilarious because he had a temper tantrum about a video part and didn't take into consideration the fact that his video part will be overlooked due to the simplicity of his tricks. But yeah 2 years till Baker 4 seems quite long, they haven't put a edit out since rowans pro part?

I'm fine with the wait if that means a long, fleshed out project that I'll want to watch over and over. All these years later and Baker 3 is still fun to watch.

I like how in his story that even his grandma thought he was being dumb.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2016, 03:07:28 AM »
wow........so many racists on here are quoting terry's famous line and typing out the N word like that is ok . sorry, it is not.  this is so not cool guys #2016

stabbedbywiggers

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2016, 03:47:01 AM »
First experience with dee put me off. Was at nashville park and ollied the funbox? the fuck you call it nowdays? and went into that little bowl area and came back up to the front. Then he did my same line, like first stepped in the park, did my line I been doin, like exact fucking line.

I thought it was a show up move or something, i dunno? Wtf is that shit, you know? And then he had the beanie phase where he had to fuck with his fucking beanie everytrick.

But, hes seems cool now, let the hair flow, I cant hate no more.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2016, 05:56:10 AM »
First experience with dee put me off. Was at nashville park and ollied the funbox? the fuck you call it nowdays? and went into that little bowl area and came back up to the front. Then he did my same line, like first stepped in the park, did my line I been doin, like exact fucking line.

I thought it was a show up move or something, i dunno? Wtf is that shit, you know? And then he had the beanie phase where he had to fuck with his fucking beanie everytrick.

But, hes seems cool now, let the hair flow, I cant hate no more.

Some little kid kept trying to show my friend and I up the other day but he could never do the trick so we made sure to laugh and berate him.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2016, 07:55:46 AM »
I remember in the original quitting video he said something along the lines of "everyone at Baker can thank Doughnut; im quitting baker because of him", but in his weekend buzz explanation he doesn't mention Doughnut at all. Definitely seems like there's more to the story than he wanted to tell.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2016, 09:24:05 AM »
I WONDER  IF DEE AND TK LURK SLAP ?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2016, 10:04:21 AM »
I remember in the original quitting video he said something along the lines of "everyone at Baker can thank Doughnut; im quitting baker because of him", but in his weekend buzz explanation he doesn't mention Doughnut at all. Definitely seems like there's more to the story than he wanted to tell.

It would make sense he would lash out at the TM first though. That's probably the first person he talked to, it didn't go his way, he quit, then Reynolds and Beagle stepped in.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2016, 10:21:55 AM »
Hey Brink off topic but can we wax curbs with your candles? Make grinding smell good?

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2016, 11:08:05 PM »
Brink, I understand you responding to this topic the night before the next episode drops to make sure this is near the top of the Slab boards on Friday, but I just watched the first episode for the first time and this just seems like Terry is using his mediocre acting skills to answer questions. This has nothing to do with you Brink, but his tone of voice and way he speaks seems so phony. I don't know how to describe it. I feel like I'm watching a casting of a shitty reality TV star rather than anything authentic about skating or something relevant. Hopefully part digs into something deeper.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2016, 12:07:11 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

BMCsteve

Re: Terry Kennedy & Dee Ostrander: Weekend Buzz Season 3, ep. 119 pt. 1,2,3
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2016, 07:26:25 AM »
Everything that comes out of TK's mouth sounds like deepest, most prophetic statement ever.  He could be ordering off the In n Out menu and sound like he's telling you the meaning of life

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2016, 09:14:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Brink, I understand you responding to this topic the night before the next episode drops to make sure this is near the top of the Slab boards on Friday, but I just watched the first episode for the first time and this just seems like Terry is using his mediocre acting skills to answer questions. This has nothing to do with you Brink, but his tone of voice and way he speaks seems so phony. I don't know how to describe it. I feel like I'm watching a casting of a shitty reality TV star rather than anything authentic about skating or something relevant. Hopefully part digs into something deeper.
[close]

You guys and your conspiracy theories are hilarious. I answer when I have time or see a new reply that I can offer a response to, not based on a schedule or strategy. The thread will go to the top regardless once someone posts the new episode ... like right above this ^^^ so there's no need for me to do that near a Friday.

As for your thoughts on Terry, sitting there with him for 2 hours, I felt he was being pretty sincere. And if he wasn't, it's not like we were discussing anything so heavy that I was concerned about his sincerity or lack thereof. Like, what exactly do you think Terry's being phony about and when? Describe "dig into something deeper". What exactly are you hoping for?

He certainly didn't NEED to tell the quitting Baker story in a self deprecating manner, but he did and we had a laugh at his expense and I felt that was pretty cool of him. Furthermore, there are people with a tone and voice you'd likely approve of giving you phony answers regularly, in every aspect of life, not just in skateboarding interviews, so I wouldn't base your assumptions just on tone and voice. None of this is me arguing with you or saying your opinion is wrong, it's just my perspective as one of the guys doing the interview. Perhaps I've come to terms with the fact that very often you aren't getting the truth or the WHOLE STORY (har, har, har), but all we can do, once we get someone to do an interview is ask the questions and try our best to make it entertaining and interesting and hopefully provide new info for the people watching, which I appreciate you doing. Happy new year to ya! - Brink

PS, is Irvine Sucks still a thing? I see it in your sig. I remember hanging with Gregson, Collin, DeMar, Figgy, Sean Stoltz and and all those kids way back in the day when I got to Cali, skating etnies park all the time and that was their little ongoing project/crew.

Yea, I get what you're saying. I was just being a salty old skater last night watching it and wishing for some more depth from Terry I guess, which you can't force or create.

And as for Irvine-Sucks, me and my friend Nick were the 2 filmer dudes who ran it and it's still up, but we both live in different parts of the country and can't really do much to keep it going. I'm probably the most removed since I live in Central Oregon and haven't filmed in a real long time. Our friend Skippy, who still lives in Southern California, films a lot still and puts out videos when he can and we made an Irvine Sucks video a year or so ago, which was fun.

I've mentioned this to you before but obviously don't expect you to remember with everyone on Slap, but we skated together a couple times, including that Easter day with Eric Fletcher where he was doing all those crazy bs smith tricks on that shoot out rail. I was the dude filming him. I remember you had a little video you put on YouTube of that day. Fun times.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2016, 06:40:29 PM »
Arto Saari is Team Handsome, I don't see why he hasn't been added, he a handsome hunk of a man, kinda the kind of guy all the moms talk about when he drops his kids off

Now that's a man

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 06:43:04 PM by Changes »

shark tits

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2017, 06:39:40 AM »
Arto Saari is Team Handsome, I don't see why he hasn't been added, he a handsome hunk of a man, kinda the kind of guy all the moms talk about when he drops his kids off

Now that's a man

i've alsways thought so. who's ear to we have to bend to get him nominated? arto saari, 100% beefcake.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2017, 11:47:38 AM »
lee's airplane sexual fantasy was so gross