Author Topic: Film in Japan  (Read 998 times)

JumpManShorty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -86
Film in Japan
« on: December 21, 2016, 04:18:51 PM »
Hey guys, could be a dumb question but I'm new.
I'm out in Japan for a year and I was wondering if shooting film was popular out here? If film is easy to get? I've never shot film but I'll probably just keep the rolls and then develop them once I'm back in a Gaijan country.
The reason why I ask is because I'm from New Zealand where film is hard to come by, and getting it developed is even rare'er

Help a newbie in a foreign country out. Thanks slap'ers

stabbedbywiggers

Re: Film in Japan
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 04:27:53 PM »
I'm out in Japan for a year and I was wondering if shooting people was popular out here? If guns is easy to get? I've never shot someone but I'll probably just keep the bullets and then and kill people once I'm back in a Gaijan country.
The reason why I ask is because I'm from New Zealand where bullets are hard to come by, and getting guns is even rare'er

Reported to C.I.A.

himlor

• Rep: 18
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 05:37:27 PM »
you can get b/w color at most electronics stores and color at any convenience store. it costs like 2000-2500 yen to develop and get a disc with the scans there.
lotta people i know been shootin film out there, its kind of so hot right now

second hand stores like hardoff or wattman tech sometimes have sick film cams for cheap if youre into that

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 11:14:56 PM »
I'm out in Japan for a year and I was wondering if shooting film was popular out here? If film is easy to get? I've never shot film but I'll probably just keep the rolls and then develop them once I'm back in a Gaijan country.
The reason why I ask is because I'm from New Zealand where film is hard to come by, and getting it developed is even rare'er

it's super easy to get film.

http://www.japancamerahunter.com/2013/05/the-complete-tokyo-camera-shopping-guide/

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 12:05:48 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm out in Japan for a year and I was wondering if shooting people was popular out here? If guns is easy to get? I've never shot someone but I'll probably just keep the bullets and then and kill people once I'm back in a Gaijan country.
The reason why I ask is because I'm from New Zealand where bullets are hard to come by, and getting guns is even rare'er

[close]

Reported to C.I.A.

Im not sure the Culinary Institute of America cares about that stuff

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 12:42:00 AM »
you can get b/w color at most electronics stores and color at any convenience store. it costs like 2000-2500 yen to develop and get a disc with the scans there.

second hand stores like hardoff or wattman tech sometimes have sick film cams for cheap if youre into that

Thanks dude. I left mine back in NZ so I'll keep at eye out at second hand stores. Just want to take the odd photo and develop it a lot later and see what comes out. For the memories you know

And I agree with above, I dunno if they c.i.a cares about a kiwi shooting up Japanese. But once I'm entering the states they will

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 02:36:50 AM »
oh, and check out ebay.jp for cameras, you can get crazy good deals there, especially for Japanese cameras.

himlor

• Rep: 18
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 05:43:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks dude. I left mine back in NZ so I'll keep at eye out at second hand stores. Just want to take the odd photo and develop it a lot later and see what comes out. For the memories you know

And I agree with above, I dunno if they c.i.a cares about a kiwi shooting up Japanese. But once I'm entering the states they will

yup! ive got many good film cameras out there from 100-500yen (1-5usd if you didnt know)
even got a vx1000 for 50 bucks at one of those spots

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 02:23:47 AM »
Yeah, I'd be the biggest star, with the biggest schlong in adult films in Japan.